04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Topic Options
#19276 - 12/11/23 09:43 AM What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses?
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

The “Word for Dominatrix before 1971?” thread and the Wikipedia link Mistress Cheyenne posted to it and Mistress Tissa’s new listing site, BDSMProfessionals.com, got me thinking. What are the qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? I don’t mean what their specialties are, their wardrobes or equipment. And for the sake of this discussion, this is about traditional Mistresses, not women who dabble in fetish from time to time.

Here are a few of mine, in no specific order, and I’d love to hear more:
Imagination (in all its many forms);
Beauty (“in the eye of the beholder” of course);
Seductiveness (similar to Beauty);
Passion (for the work and the scene);
Entrepreneurship (a must-have years ago, and even more today);
And Empathy (the ability to understand your clients, knowing how and when to push their buttons, when not to and being flexible to new ideas.)

In other words, a fine actress and performer, almost a therapist who has a feel for their clients, and shrewd business owner, and likely a few other qualities. The best Mistresses I have ever served were like matadors, or performing a Dominantrix version of “the dance of the seven veils,” seducing me with their beauty and using my lust against me. Many taken the “beast” part of my character (hence my screen name here) and used it against me to humiliate myself with activities I never thought I would perform, much less enjoy, for the Mistresses’ entertainment. I hope I am articulating this properly, because I mean all of it as high compliments to the Mistresses I have served over the years.

#19281 - 12/12/23 08:35 AM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: junglebeast]
Madam Jess Online   content

Occasional

Loc: Atlanta
Honesty and integrity, both in their skillset and in their business dealings. This only works *long term* with some honesty and morals.

http://www.madamjess.com
http://www.atlantadungeon.com

#19284 - 12/12/23 05:49 PM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: junglebeast]
broom Online   content
Artisan

i think you pretty much nailed it

#19285 - 12/12/23 08:19 PM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: broom]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By broom
i think you pretty much nailed it

Concur.

#19286 - 12/12/23 11:26 PM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: junglebeast]
nysubjack Online   content
Regular

Great question!

I agree with many of the attributes already mentioned by others. Certainly ethics and professional standards would be high on my list.

A great traditional Mistress would also have these qualities:

Highly skilled
Highly experienced
Very well equipped
A safe and attractive playspace
Excellent communication skills
A sense of humor
High degree of confidence

For me, these and the traits previously mentioned are the qualities of a great traditional Mistress.

#19287 - 12/13/23 04:14 AM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: nysubjack]
furfan Online   content
Enthusiast

I think you nailed it!

#19290 - 12/13/23 01:00 PM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: nysubjack]
Addict

Originally Posted By nysubjack
Great question!

I agree with many of the attributes already mentioned by others. Certainly ethics and professional standards would be high on my list.

A great traditional Mistress would also have these qualities:

Highly skilled
Highly experienced
Very well equipped
A safe and attractive playspace
Excellent communication skills
A sense of humor
High degree of confidence

For me, these and the traits previously mentioned are the qualities of a great traditional Mistress.

I agree. But I forgot "a sense of humor." Of course! Some of the best sessions I've had with Mistresses I've been a regular with always had a sense of humor - before and after the session as well as during.

#19297 - 12/14/23 10:35 PM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: Madam Jess]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Madam Jess
Honesty and integrity, both in their skillset and in their business dealings. This only works *long term* with some honesty and morals.

I agree with you, Madam Jess. I place integrity probably at the top spot. Without honesty and integrity who cares about anything else?

Personally, I don't think a great Mistress is necessarily "seductive". That, to me, is the desire of a fetishist rather than a submissive.

I would add maturity, skill, intelligence, confidence, and putting up with all the goofballs, liars, game-players, manipulators, and abusers while managing to stay in the biz for more than 5 years.

#19332 - 12/21/23 10:04 AM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Addict

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

Personally, I don't think a great Mistress is necessarily "seductive". That, to me, is the desire of a fetishist rather than a submissive.

From the client perspective, one who has sessioned with professional ladies for years, I disagree. The best I have had the pleasure of meeting are seductive, whether they are great actresses who really don't feel a connection with a client, or who, on some level, do connect with you. They draw you in and use the client's passion, lust, fetish... whatever to assert control and take the customer to other levels.

While it is a business for professional and traditional Mistresses, is is far from a scientific or psychological enterprise for the client. For many men like me it usually takes days, weeks - or for some first-timers years - to work yourself up emotionally and physically to reach out and have a session. Many emotions are exposed and can be played with by a great Mistress, and being seductive, either purposely by the domina or as just part of her personality, is a key quality I have experienced in my years in the scene.

#19335 - 12/22/23 02:53 AM Re: What are qualities of a great traditional Mistresses? [Re: junglebeast]
MissMary Online   content
Regular

When playing sub, it must be to someone who has a level of integrity that commands my respect. With mutual interests, everything else falls into place after that. When I'm playing top, which is most of the time, I want the cute butt, sweet face, puppy dog willingness and nice tits is icing on the cake. I am a complete pig when it comes to what I want in a bottom. But, to get on my knees and fully submit to another woman, it is all about what is between the ears.

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (Soapy, Domina M, Cheyenne, Chuck123, WestAugust, Old_Timer_FL, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, langerr, tosser, international, Moth to a Flame, Chi61, Queen Naomi, denali, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, Mistress Berlin NYC, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, HellionCobRoller, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Bruce88, Poester, Scs202323, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34551 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Goddess Gia Peccato