Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#19228 - 12/04/23 01:31 AM The Stigma of ProDomming
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Recently, a woman running for Congress was outed as having been a dominatrix at an upscale dungeon in NYC. It is surprising she didn't realize this would come out at some time, somehow. Many of saw something similar happen to a well known and much loved dominatrix from New Jersey when she enrolled in the police academy.

The puritanical views on this are petty and hypocritical. It is not uncommon for politicians and off duty LE to patronize adult industry professionals, including dominatrices. They just manage to keep it quiet. All the same, someone's personal erotic life should be the least of anyone else's concerns. But, reality is, it isn't changing any time soon. It is also understandable that it could be a distraction to someone who sees a professional to know of their personal kinks. It doesn't make the hypocrisy right but, it is understanding.

Question for the men here: If your doctor, dentist, professor, whomever it may be had previously worked as a prodom and you knew this, how much of a distraction would it be for you?

To the ladies, has your career held you back from other activities in life?

#19231 - 12/04/23 02:24 AM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: Cheyenne]
mark5Bnyc Online   content
Occasional

One recalls well that doxxing the NY Post did to that paramedic who had an onlyfans too.

Oddly enough, the OP got me thinking of my younger days back in yeshiva in Israel: I was in a Talmud class of a rabbi who would paint landscapes in his free time and wouldn't even draw a picture of a sun for reasons pertaining to his understanding of rabbinic law. This rabbi decades ago was in the original stage production of Hair and was involved in the early stages of helping create what became the Rocky Horror Picture Show; he has his own entry in the RHPS wiki. How fascinating is that!? It's something he has talked about publicly...but he never talked about anything but matters of rabbinic studies to us in our class and we respected that; to my recollection, I never spoke to him about his past. I felt like it would've been improper for me as a student of his in Talmud to start prying about his history. So I didn't.

Similarly, if somebody I knew in a professional capacity previously had worked as a prodomme, god knows I'd think that was a fascinating thing about them...and as a client myself, I can't make my brain erase the fact that I know that about them...But I wouldn't bring it up unless they did. It's simply not my place.

Edited by mark5Bnyc (12/04/23 03:17 AM)

#19233 - 12/04/23 07:41 AM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: Cheyenne]
milagros317 Online   content

Loc: New York City
I was a professor for 40 years.

One of my nightmares was walking into the commercial dungeon that I frequented for over 10 years and seeing, among the Dommes waiting between sessions in the common room, one of my students or former students.

This dungeon occupied the entire floor of a small building in Manhattan. Another nightmare was seeing, as I was leaving the elevator on that floor of the building in which the dungeon was located, the Dean of the College where I was employed waiting to enter the elevator. (There were five different deans over the years, but that didn't change the nightmare.)

Edited by milagros317 (12/04/23 07:44 AM)

#19241 - 12/04/23 10:08 PM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: Cheyenne]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Cheyenne
has your career held you back from other activities in life?

So far, no.

I had two careers before I become a pro Domme, so that was never a concern. I don't plan on ever working for anyone else ever again. Ever. lol. I generally hated it. For me, there's little if anything more soul-crushing than being in a position where I'm working "under" a Boss who is some combination or demeaning, cruel, useless, and/or stupid.

Now, I just do my thing and navigate life as reasonably as I can, doing a job that most people do not understand and are too uptight to try.

#19244 - 12/05/23 06:09 AM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: Mistress Tissa]

Pooh-Bah

LOL. I can so relate. When I left the corporate world, I vowed to never work for anyone who is dumber than I am. Like you, being a dom hasn't held me back from other opportunities as I've not desired to re-enter the mainstream job market.

#19246 - 12/05/23 06:26 AM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: mark5Bnyc]

Pooh-Bah

Isn't it silly when society cares about a paramedic having an Only Fans but mainstream movies and models are quite risque? Lady Gaga played a vampire that ate an unsuspecting couple during an orgy in American Horror Stories. That was applauded.

#19247 - 12/05/23 06:28 AM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: milagros317]

Pooh-Bah

I can understand. There have been several times, over the years, I've been in an awkward situation. Once, I was at my daughter's art show and bumped into a client. We were both cool about it and even laughed about it later. But, yes, I can understand the nightmares. You never know.

#19248 - 12/05/23 10:00 AM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: Cheyenne]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

I can understand. There have been several times, over the years, I've been in an awkward situation. Once, I was at my daughter's art show and bumped into a client. We were both cool about it and even laughed about it later. But, yes, I can understand the nightmares. You never know.

After my first session - a 20 yr. old college kid with little money - with a legendary NYC Mistress in the '70s - she asked me if I would like to go to a club (maybe Plato's Retreat?) and "recreate" our role play session. I eventually said no for fear of being seen by someone I knew or a prospective future boss (LOL!). I've feared getting outed over the years with a Mistress in a few situations.

Separately, I twice saw separate Mistresses I served in public, one going shopping and another at a business event. We ignored each other but it did shake me up.

As for hiring a doctor, lawyer, accountant, etc. and find out that they were/are a pro dominantrix, it might surprise me, but I would judge hiring them based on their expertise and pricing. (And P.S. - I have a neighbor who gives every outward indication of being a pro dominatrix in her fleeting conversations with her, and her attire. My imagination? Maybe. Would I ever pursue/inquire? Nope... too close to home for comfort.)

#19250 - 12/05/23 08:43 PM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: Cheyenne]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Question for the men here: If your doctor, dentist, professor, whomever it may be had previously worked as a prodom and you knew this, how much of a distraction would it be for you?

The only distraction would be that if I found her attractive I would occasionally wonder if she was lifestyle and if that presented an opportunity.

#19251 - 12/06/23 12:30 AM Re: The Stigma of ProDomming [Re: The Thomas]

Pooh-Bah

Do you sometimes wonder that about a woman when you are not aware of and ties with a kink profession? I've seen some of my friends trip over themselves when they see an attractive, assertive woman in business wear coupled with knee high leather boots

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (Domina M, Soapy, Cheyenne, Chuck123, WestAugust, Old_Timer_FL, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, langerr, tosser, international, Moth to a Flame, Chi61, Queen Naomi, denali, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, Mistress Berlin NYC, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, HellionCobRoller, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Bruce88, Poester, Scs202323, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34551 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Fetbot