Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#18207 - 12/02/22 01:21 PM Catfishing-- Have you ever booked a session through social media?
Mistress UV Online   content

Enthusiast

Loc: Atlanta
I recently messaged one of the fake profiles on instagram that was using My photos to catfish people. I was just curious to see if they would try to book a session with Me. And the answer was -- kind of? I acted like the typical newbie sub who asks too many questions and hasn't yet understood protocol, and they acted like a bossy Domme who didn't know what they were doing. They insisted I give Myself over to them and follow their every instruction. I keep pushing for an email address and they gave Me one, and then continued to ask I follow rules they wouldn't yet give. Pretty annoying interaction overall.

The game is to get these subs to send a "deposit" or money to show dedication.

This happens constantly in the ProDomme and SW world, and because we are using stage names its pretty difficult to prove that we are actually that person to someone moderating some of these social media sites.

This has always fascinated Me, they're putting in the work to make a full profile and use every photo I update from Twitter to make it believable, so they must be making a profit.

Are guys just really so inexperienced they don't know any better or are there actually people who have gotten a session this way?

Dommes, do you use social media to book sessions? If so, which ones?

subs, have you actually booked and sessioned with a ProDomme through social media only? Did you google the person? Find a website? What was the process?

Edited by Mistress UV (12/02/22 01:22 PM)

Owner & Operator of Atlanta Dungeon

(404)-825-5106
Mistressultraviolet@yahoo.com
mistressultraviolet@proton.me

www.mistressultraviolet.com
www.atlantadungeon.com

#18208 - 12/02/22 01:40 PM Re: Catfishing-- Have you ever booked a session through social media? [Re: Mistress UV]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

+1

I wouldn't contact a prodomme through Instagram for a session. I would ask for a personal web site and go through that.

It sounds like an interesting/amusing conversation you had. :-)

#18211 - 12/02/22 11:09 PM Re: scams [Re: Mistress UV]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
I love that you did this, Mistress UV, because I have thought about doing it myself with some of the multitude of scammers on FetLife.

It's amazing that just some basic pushing revealed how little they understand about what they're trying to scam people about. They're literally just demanding money and expecting guys to send it. And clearly they're having some success or they wouldn't keep doing it.

The way that guys keep walking right into the trap is fascinating. Almost to the point where I wonder if they actually have a scam fetish. LOL! Even accounting for hormones, I can't understand how someone could just send some random stranger some money without taking even 5 minutes to make sure they're legit.

Quote:
Dommes, do you use social media to book sessions? If so, which ones?

Never. All but phone play need to come through my website. Phone play can be requested through NiteFlirt.

In fact, I don't understand why pros would accept session requests in places like social media. Legal and privacy risks aside, it's easy to end up totally disorganized.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (12/02/22 11:10 PM)

#18217 - 12/05/22 06:02 AM Re: Catfishing-- Have you ever booked a session through social media? [Re: Mistress UV]
Spark Online   content
Enthusiast

Hi Mistress UV,

I have. I would describe the experience as ok but not great. I did not get scammed, id like to think ive done this long enough to recognize red flags even before i reach out. But the domination was just ok. They werent as skilled or experienced as the pro dommes i was used to. Didnt have established dungeon, basic toys, or incall locations.

i never felt unsafe,but in many ways i had to talk them through some basics, safe words, safety zones where to hit, how to tie someone up, even how to use a strapon. We just went very slow.

I guess i went through a phase where after years of seeing established pro dommes i was looking for something different. And in many ways i actually enjoyed the experience

I will say that while the sessions were ok i found one really good personality match and we ended up sessioning a lot both vanilla and domination.

With that being said, i got the impression that i was not their typical client and that made me stand out. I probably wouldnt do it again though. Ill use social media for dating and go back to seeing established dommes for sessions.

#18218 - 12/05/22 07:38 AM Re: Catfishing-- Have you ever booked a session through social media? [Re: Mistress UV]
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

I see fake ads or scammers on Eros all the time. I’ve found good Dommes in strange places - OF, SA, Twitter. NF and SP are two of my favorite places to find new (to me Dommes) and I suspect there is a lot of Catfishing/scamming there. So I guess to me it’s not really about the platform. Though 100% some platforms are really really bad with scams!

Typically, I look to make sure they are on multiple platforms and I know they are in fact who they claim to be (to the degree possible). The Domme I met on SA though at the time we met only had an SA and a Fetlife profile. She’s moved on to a web page, Tryst ads, an active Twitter, an OF page. I just bring that up because SA is like a scammers paradise with few if any legit Dommes. So anything’s possible smile. I’d add, we did a no charge Skype, then met for lunch at a restaurant before we ever had a session. Point being caution is your friend when crossing from social to real life.

I think there are often a lot of red flags on the scammer ads. Though sometimes us boys tend to ignore them even if something seems to good to be true. I expect the catfishers and scammers don’t need a very high success rate to make money which is why they do it.

#18221 - 12/05/22 08:52 PM Re: Catfishing-- Have you ever booked a session through social media? [Re: Chi61]

Enthusiast

With OF, SP, and Eros you have to provide an ID and an authentication photo to sign up and post anything, so catfishing/scamming there is a lot harder to do. I do know someone who had a photographer set up an OF with her photos and ID but that's rare and more than your average catfish wants to do I'd say.

Sounds like you did your due diligence with checking for that!

(404)-825-5106

www.atlantadungeon.com

#18222 - 12/06/22 09:18 AM Re: Catfishing-- Have you ever booked a session through social media? [Re: Mistress UV]
Chi61 Online   content
Regular

That’s interesting on the ID requirements. I guess I was using “catfishing”, “scamming”, and “sketchy” interchangeably. I definitely see some things, especially on Eros that make me scratch my head but didn’t realize they had been authenticated. Good to know!

#18226 - 12/07/22 05:58 PM Re: Catfishing-- Have you ever booked a session through social media? [Re: Spark]

Sage

Originally Posted By Spark
i never felt unsafe,but in many ways i had to talk them through some basics, safe words, safety zones where to hit, how to tie someone up, even how to use a strapon.

This is super yikes to me. You never felt unsafe but they didn't understand safewords or safe zones on the body? Then what did they understand? Demanding money, it seems. LOL!

I don't think people like this have any business asking to be paid for for play.

Bless you, Spark, for giving it a go. It sounds like they should have paid you for your tutelage. Hopefully, you didn't actually teach a scammer how to better scam.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (12/07/22 05:59 PM)

#18227 - 12/07/22 06:06 PM Re: Catfishing-- Have you ever booked a session through social media? [Re: Chi61]

Sage

Originally Posted By Chi61
I expect the catfishers and scammers don’t need a very high success rate to make money which is why they do it.

I think it's common they're from impoverished countries, and getting even one guy to send 50 USD could cover an entire month's expenses or more.

If you were desperate for resources and realized how malleable men are when they're horny you just might do it, too.

#18228 - 12/07/22 11:43 PM Re: scams [Re: Mistress Tissa]

Enthusiast

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

It's amazing that just some basic pushing revealed how little they understand about what they're trying to scam people about. They're literally just demanding money and expecting guys to send it. And clearly they're having some success or they wouldn't keep doing it.

The way that guys keep walking right into the trap is fascinating. Almost to the point where I wonder if they actually have a scam fetish. LOL! Even accounting for hormones, I can't understand how someone could just send some random stranger some money without taking even 5 minutes to make sure they're legit.

I honestly kind of enjoyed pretending to be a prospective sub-- I just imitated the most annoying of timewasters that message me all the time. I put that scammer through the ringer! Although retrospectively I realized I probably shouldn't provoke someone with enough time and energy to do internet scams. Once I came clean about who I really was I just tried to relate as another person trying to make a living, so I could get the answers I really wanted.

I think people who are tricked by this just want to believe in a fantasy, that this Domme really is who they say they are and that by sending money they can start some sort of relationship or personal interaction with them.

Pretty eye opening on a few levels.

Edited by Mistress UV (12/07/22 11:44 PM)

(404)-825-5106

www.atlantadungeon.com

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (langerr, Soapy, Queen Naomi, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, Chi61, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, Old_Timer_FL, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, Cheyenne, Moth to a Flame, HellionCobRoller, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Domina M, Bruce88, Chuck123, isuffr4her, Poester, international, Scs202323, denali, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, tosser, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34490 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Lady Bellatrix