04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#17291 - 06/02/22 09:45 AM Re: Doms with Full Time Vanilla Jobs [Re: Soapy]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By Soapy
Originally Posted By Chi61
Funny related story. Domme I had seen a couple times came over to my house to do a session. I casually mention that I was thinking of selling or renting the house as I wasn’t there much. She tells me her day job is as a realtor and then proceeds to pitch me on using her as my realtor. Lol

Ha!

On the flip side, with the Mistress I knew from Vegas she knew my real life career. I copy edited her first vanilla website when she retired. Then I went online for days, weeks to see if any of her videos and pics were still around after she retired and reported back. I did something similar for another Mistress I knew who got back to her vanilla career. I would have hired her as a freelance online marketer... but mixing business and pleasure? I kept my mouth shut and didn't make an offer.

#17309 - 06/04/22 06:13 PM Re: Doms with Full Time Vanilla Jobs [Re: Cheyenne]
palmer Online   content
Artisan

Many years ago, late '80s/early '90s, I sessioned several times with a domme who I have come to regard as my favorite of all time. She mostly sessioned at one house, disappeared for a few years, came back to another, very briefly, and did sessions for a while out of another's studio. At the end of one session she casually told me her vanilla jobs. She had two, both in my own profession, and for one, the bigger one, she went so far as to tell me the name of the person she worked for, who was someone well known in my field and someone I might have had the reason to do business with. I was kind of freaked out, imagining myself encountering her outside of the scene, and I wasn't quite sure why she so casually volunteered the information.

She's been out of the scene for years, and I never did have a reason to deal with her boss at the time, so I don't know whether she's still working for him or not.

#17311 - 06/05/22 06:37 AM Re: Doms with Full Time Vanilla Jobs [Re: palmer]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

When I made the career switch from IT sales to domming, a purchasing agent from a large bank called to ask about a session. I recognized his voice immediately. Without thinking I said, "Robert Smith?" I could hear his jaw hitting the floor. He ended up doing a session and became a long time client. Both of us wanted our discretion so it worked. He turned out to be a lot of fun outside of the work environment.

#17517 - 07/11/22 08:56 AM Re: Doms with Full Time Vanilla Jobs [Re: Cheyenne]
mark5Bnyc Online   content
Occasional

I don't know much about the vanilla lives of most of the dommes I've met or sessioned with.

But the ones who I know a bit better all have vanilla jobs, either part or full time. It provides them with a steady stream of income while they can do prodomme stuff at their leisure.

#17519 - 07/11/22 12:04 PM Re: Doms with Full Time Vanilla Jobs [Re: Cheyenne]
Lady Paradise Online   content

Loc: New England
Hello Cheyenne!
For the first 20 years of my Domina career, I maintained a full time vanilla job. I wanted the health insurance, 401k, paid vacation and salary. It was much easier to obtain a mortgage or car loan as an Insurance professional than it was being self employed in adult entertainment. But, I was fortunate to have an employer(100% vanilla) that knew about my Domme business. He was flexible when I needed to travel or session during office hours.

Also, being obnoxiously picky, I wanted (and still want) only truly compatible clients. Having the vanilla job gave me the flexibility to go for quality over quantity and not depend upon tributes to pay my bills.

I admire all the Ladies that can make this work as a full time gig. It's not an easy business!

Civilizing the world, one man at a time.

Lady Paradise
www.ladyparadise.net

#17520 - 07/11/22 03:01 PM Re: Doms with Full Time Vanilla Jobs [Re: Cheyenne]
MayaMidnight Online   content

Artisan

IME it's always been pretty common. The flexible scheduling makes it easy to fit in around a full time job and not being financially dependent upon domination gives you a lot of flexibility in how you run your business. High rates/extensive screening might scare away clients -- but who gives a shit if the money is basically just bonus cash and you don't have time to be sessioning constantly anyway? By the same token, go ahead and fire that mildly annoying regular who hasn't done anything egregious. You'll be more enthused about the sessions you do take so it works out well in the long run.

#17522 - 07/12/22 07:35 AM Re: Doms with Full Time Vanilla Jobs [Re: MayaMidnight]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Thanks for sharing this. I had never looked at it from that perspective. But, it males perfect sense.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (Domina M, Cheyenne, Chuck123, WestAugust, Soapy, Old_Timer_FL, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, langerr, tosser, international, Moth to a Flame, Chi61, Queen Naomi, denali, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, Neena De Ville, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Chamberpot, Mistress Berlin NYC, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, HellionCobRoller, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Bruce88, Poester, Scs202323, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, Stern Miss Lea, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, CelesteTaylor, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34551 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Mistress Lynn