by Lady Velvet Steel
Yesterday at 01:38 PM
Life Style Directory
by MissMary
03/16/24 04:45 PM
Rubber Bondage Reccomendation in NYC
by Bound ashtray Man
03/14/24 09:25 PM
Why do some dommes have their user names in orange?
by international
03/07/24 05:50 PM
The New Dommes Forum
by Soapy
03/07/24 03:02 PM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by kinkybootbeast
Yesterday at 12:35 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
A sub’s reflections on the FemDom Retreat in Portugal
by Mistress Ayn
02/19/24 01:27 PM
Topic Options
#15881 - 09/17/21 04:00 PM Where are we now?
Komodo Online   content
Addict

It has been a year and a half since the beginning of the pandemic. Few expected it to last that long and the changes it brought to be so big, including in BDSM. There is a saying , it is only the temporary that lasts.

It is time to take stock of the changes this brought to our lives, and see what has changed. There has been a lot of talk about session prices, but I am more interested in the qualitative changes.

For subs:

- Do you session as much as you used to?
- Is it as easy to find a mistress?
- Do you have as much choices?
- Do you have to wait more until you get a session?
- Have you returned to the same mistress or have there been changes?

For mistresses:

- Do you have fewer or more sessions compared to pre pandemic?
- Is it more difficult to book a space for a session?
- Have you reconnected to most of your old partners? How easy or difficult is it to find new ones?
- Has there been a change in the profile of people you meet? More singles, fewer out of towners?
- Have there been changes in your social profile that will last?

We all have our individual experiences but it is interesting to understand where things are going for most. In my case the work from home had a big impact, reducing my mobility.

#15882 - 09/17/21 04:08 PM Re: Where are we now? [Re: Komodo]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit

No

No

No

Yes

Same Mistresses

I do not see any local Dommes here in Detroit, so I have always been dependent on traveling to see Dommes or Dommes touring through here. Both situations are way down so my sessioning is as well.

#15884 - 09/17/21 04:18 PM Re: Where are we now? [Re: Komodo]
langerr Online   content
Regular

- Do you session as much as you used to? Yes, maybe more

- Is it as easy to find a mistress? Yes

- Do you have as much choices? Yes

- Do you have to wait more until you get a session? No

- Have you returned to the same mistress or have there been changes? Same

#15919 - 09/22/21 04:01 AM Re: Where are we now? [Re: Komodo]
TedBCruisin Online   content
Enthusiast

Yes

Yes

Yes

No

No changes

#15920 - 09/22/21 07:46 AM Re: Where are we now? [Re: Komodo]
kefxb24 Online   content

Less, due to lack of business travel and lack of traveling dommes.

Yes and no. Some quality players have clearly communicated their availability and protocol. However, a good number have just disappeared.

No, fewer choices.

Slightly, but good planning solves that problem.

No changes. I'm a slut and play around.

#15925 - 09/23/21 05:16 AM Re: Where are we now? [Re: Komodo]
Mistress Kiva Krimson Online   content

Artisan

Loc: Pensacola, FL

Do you have fewer or more sessions compared to pre pandemic?

During the pandemic I relocated to Pensacola Fl. I'm doing more sessions in Florida, than I was in Colorado.

Is it more difficult to book a space for a session?

No, I have my own Dungeon.

Have you reconnected to most of your old partners? How easy or difficult is it to find new ones?

Yes, I recently traveled to Denver and reconnected with my subs there. I'm having no problem staying busy.

Has there been a change in the profile of people you meet? More singles, fewer out of towners?

No, I see a steady stream of locals, and tourists.

Have there been changes in your social profile that will last?

I've not changed my social profile, other than to reflect my relocation to FL. My session rates are unchanged. No price gouging here.

#15954 - 09/27/21 07:32 PM Re: Where are we now? [Re: Komodo]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Addict

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Komodo
For mistresses:

- Have you reconnected to most of your old partners? How easy or difficult is it to find new ones?
- Has there been a change in the profile of people you meet? More singles, fewer out of towners?
- Have there been changes in your social profile that will last?

1. While things have picked up, I still am not at pre-pandemic levels.
2. Thankfully, I have my own dungeon so I haven't had to worry about that.
3. While I've reconnected with many, I haven't reconnected with everyone. Some have expressed a desire to play but there are barriers that have prevented them. New players are asking but many are not following through. I think people are restless and trying to release that by making contact, even if they have no intention of sessioning.
4. I have not noticed any unusual type of people. Just the typical range of players.
5. I'm not sure what you mean by "change in your social profile that will last". If you mean in the activities I offer, I'm putting a hold on anything that's high-risk to transmission, such as spitting. As soon as I think it's safe to do so again I will resume anything currently on hold.

#16002 - 10/08/21 07:53 PM Re: Where are we now? [Re: Komodo]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
I am doing a fewer number of sessions but the average session is longer. I am also doing more online work, so I am actually busier that pre-pandemic.

I session at Atlanta Dungeon and we have never "closed" so that is not an issue. I have not resumed touring. Quite frankly I am too busy in Atlanta to even consider it at the moment.

I have reconnected with a lot of people - probably most of My regulars - several from the distant past. It's as if the pandemic has spurred them to session again. It's actually kind of weird.

During the early stages of the pandemic I saw a lot more younger clients and couples. This has evened out now. At first I saw mainly locals. Now the regional people (within driving distance) have returned. I am still not seeing as many fly in clients, but that is picking up too.

- Have there been changes in your social profile that will last? Not sure what you mean by this. I will continue doing distance training, which I did very little of pre-pandemic. I find that it makes for a nice variety and keeps things interesting in conjunction with in person sessions.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

Shout Box

Who's Online
243 registered (DominaAdmin, milagros317, Mistress Tissa, DommeLynx, jeanmarc, Cheyenne, Komodo, MF_Drummer, ztrade, Soapy, marstoy, Lady Bellatrix, furfan, The Thomas, nysubjack, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, buffalo, porkster, TheDriver, Julia Steele, langerr, broom, tophumiliatrix, MistressMaraM, Lady Velvet Steel, tosser, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Mistress Ayn, palmer, Chogal, Ms_Gia_Peccato, ChicagoSlicker, Madam Jess, Chuck123, Bruce88, Chi61, midlet, EvedLeNashim, Oliver Cromwell, fire, Curiouser, Boucheron, Slv4u, Mistress UV, Trample24, owned, kefxb24, Slave321, Bound ashtray Man, SCmainer, sellinggr, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, denali, MissMary, dsorbet, Smiley, artiemus1, Awillingstudent, Poester, Chamberpot, international, chuck, Mistress Troy, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, ScoobyBelfast, llf, fogo, T-bone, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, cbtlover, pod, Stephen M, mtsub69, pinkcaboose, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, Aztoilet, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, strangefruit, Domina M, MsRoseWoods, LAN, Fahrenheit451, tabula, whacked1, Paul Thompson, Victoria_Cayne, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, Mistress Kiva Krimson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TadShy, Sid, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, mass, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, Jupiter Lake, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, MayaMidnight, Nina, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, gfred1, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, Spark, domtsub, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, Moth to a Flame, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Scs202323, Felix, Dr. Pleasure, madman1_rug, Pam I, mikel, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, ElenaDeLuca, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, Mick681, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, need to serve, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, PASubMale, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 25551 Guests and 77 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Mistress Isadora