Fetbot
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15429 - 07/25/21 06:04 AM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: NameNotFound]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
There are lots of books that are supposedly like this but the problem is that too many are written by wannabes who dipped their toe into our world for a very short while & then found their true calling as media whores after they "retired" at age 23 from a house-style dungeon (where they inevitably started as a sub and were "trained" as a Domme).

The problem is that it is extremely difficult to be a great writer (even though everyone thinks they are). It is extremely difficult to be a great storyteller (which is both different than being a great writer & critical to the book you wish to read). It is also difficult to have an understanding of the totality of the scene, the self-awareness of how your approach leads to the niches where you fit within it (FemDom is always bigger than anything any single Domme can do or be), & an understanding of how your career integrates with all of the other aspects of your life.

So, to find all of these skills in a single person who also has the time, energy & motivation to write a book that will probably make them no money is a really tall task, imo. However, I can tell you that I know plenty of Women whose lives are more than interesting enough to fill volumes rather than just a single book, so you are not being too dramatic in your thoughts.

#15444 - 07/26/21 12:00 AM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: The Thomas]
Tristan Offline
Artisan

Oh... I dunno... I got the impression from the Beauty books that pretty much every character in the book didn't really care about the gender of another other character. So everyone was pansexual? I guess? Not even sure what the label for it is. I suppose "DontCareSexual" gets the point across, but I don't think its in use.

Its similar to what I've read about people alive in the Roman Empire. No one seemed to care what gender anyone was - they were more interested in what they were doing to the other person, and what was happening to themselves.

Admittedly, the Beauty books were a little... unnerving? for me? at first? But somehow I put the D/s activities in a different category than sex or physical attraction and I ended up really enjoying the Beauty books. Especially the pony stuff in the second book.

#15446 - 07/26/21 07:09 AM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: AspX]
Mistress Kiva Krimson Online   content

Artisan

Loc: Pensacola, FL
Originally Posted By AspX
There are lots of books that are supposedly like this but the problem is that too many are written by wannabes who dipped their toe into our world for a very short while & then found their true calling as media whores after they "retired" at age 23 from a house-style dungeon (where they inevitably started as a sub and were "trained" as a Domme).

The problem is that it is extremely difficult to be a great writer (even though everyone thinks they are). It is extremely difficult to be a great storyteller (which is both different than being a great writer & critical to the book you wish to read). It is also difficult to have an understanding of the totality of the scene, the self-awareness of how your approach leads to the niches where you fit within it (FemDom is always bigger than anything any single Domme can do or be), & an understanding of how your career integrates with all of the other aspects of your life.

So, to find all of these skills in a single person who also has the time, energy & motivation to write a book that will probably make them no money is a really tall task, imo. However, I can tell you that I know plenty of Women whose lives are more than interesting enough to fill volumes rather than just a single book, so you are not being too dramatic in your thoughts.

With over 24 years in the industry. I'm the woman to write the greatest tell all book about female domination ever written. There are a few problems though.

I can't find the time. I don't have the energy to write after a long day in the Dungeon. I hate tell all books.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

#15452 - 07/26/21 08:24 AM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: Mistress Kiva Krimson]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Originally Posted By Mistress Kiva Krimson

With over 24 years in the industry. I'm the woman to write the greatest tell all book about female domination ever written. There are a few problems though.

I can't find the time. I don't have the energy to write after a long day in the Dungeon. I hate tell all books.

I guess it just wasn't meant to be.

Mistress,

That is exactly what I mean. There are many, many amazing Women such as yourself who have incredible stories and insights. I have been fortunate to have spent lots of time with Dommes outside of the dungeon listening to them. They are almost always fascinating and range from exciting to funny to tragic & beyond.

But writing a book capturing all of it in a way that fairies a reader is an extremely time consuming task that takes a completely different skill set than just telling stories over a meal. Of course, if you find a good ghost writer it could take a lot of that burden away from you and your time. Just a thought.

#15458 - 07/27/21 12:30 AM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: Mistress Kiva Krimson]
Tristan Offline
Artisan

Ha!! Sometimes the stars just don't align.

#15462 - 07/27/21 08:41 PM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: Tristan]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By Tristan
Oh... I dunno... I got the impression from the Beauty books that pretty much every character in the book didn't really care about the gender of another other character. So everyone was pansexual? I guess? Not even sure what the label for it is. I suppose "DontCareSexual" gets the point across, but I don't think its in use.

Its similar to what I've read about people alive in the Roman Empire. No one seemed to care what gender anyone was - they were more interested in what they were doing to the other person, and what was happening to themselves.

Admittedly, the Beauty books were a little... unnerving? for me? at first? But somehow I put the D/s activities in a different category than sex or physical attraction and I ended up really enjoying the Beauty books. Especially the pony stuff in the second book.

I agree that Rice made all of the characters bisexual and then tried to flesh out all possible permutations. For anyone whose interest is strictly F/m these books will likely confuse and disappoint.

One of the women who recommended the books also thought the pony stuff was super hot. I merely found it OK.

#15479 - 07/30/21 12:28 PM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: The Thomas]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Thomas, I agree that Venus is Furs is still the pinnacle of the genre. The Sardax translation was a bit more fun to read though, in My opinion. The speech was less antiquated and clunky. Personally I have never read even a close second. If it's out there I hope someone here will direct us to it.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#15480 - 07/30/21 12:34 PM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: AspX]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Yes, yes and yes to all of this. I consider Myself a decent writer but honestly anything much longer than a blog post is out of My depth. A part of Me would love to share the stories that I tell over dinners and drinks with subs and other Dommes, but it's too great an effort as you have well pointed out.

I even found two accomplished (published) writers among My clients that have agreed to ghost write but still . . . maybe when I've retired and am missing the scene - but somehow I doubt it. By then I anticipate that I will have moved on to other things that give Me joy.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#15487 - 07/30/21 07:23 PM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: Mistress Ayn]
The Thomas Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
Thomas, I agree that Venus is Furs is still the pinnacle of the genre. The Sardax translation was a bit more fun to read though, in My opinion. The speech was less antiquated and clunky. Personally I have never read even a close second. If it's out there I hope someone here will direct us to it.

Once again you demonstrate excellent taste, Mistress.

#15502 - 08/01/21 03:04 AM Re: D/s BDSM Story [Re: Mistress Ayn]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
By then I anticipate that I will have moved on to other things that give Me joy.

Wait... What? i don't even want to contemplate such an occurrence... Please Mistress Ayn, leave me in my perfect little demented world where i believe You will be around forever.

Asp

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (TheDriver, Soapy, denali, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ChicagoSlicker, international, Mistress UV, nysubjack, Mistress Tissa, ztrade, The Thomas, Jupiter Lake, langerr, porkster, buffalo, mikel, furfan, Cheyenne, Boucheron, Chi61, DarkMuse, Ms_Gia_Peccato, MissMary, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, WestAugust, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, DominaAdmin, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Chuck123, Bruce88, Awillingstudent, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, cbtlover, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, Moth to a Flame, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 26897 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Sponsor a Domina