Madam Mysteria
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#15475 - 07/30/21 02:03 AM Interesting scam
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I am getting used with email scams, and they tend to become increasingly sophisticated, but a few days ago I got a new one which almost got me.

I received an email from a friend I have not talked to in 2 years. I still send him Christmas emails but do not get responses. We started a dialogue, he asked me if I had an Amazon account. He did not sound like my friend but he had the right display name, and what was more intriguing he was writing me from the correct address. He then asked me to send an Amazon gift ecard to a friend. I asked him to call me.

The final email and the most obvious giveaway came with the email of his so called friend, lucyhoney123. This was funny. Something like granny95 would have been more convincing.

This guy was not trying to scam me of some money but send a gift to his sweetheart SW with other’s people money. The moral of this fable? If you try to impress a SW use your own money. Otherwise she won’t think that you are smart but that you are unreliable.

#15476 - 07/30/21 06:34 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: Komodo]
RudolfW Offline
Artisan

Originally Posted By Komodo
I am getting used with email scams, and they tend to become increasingly sophisticated, but a few days ago I got a new one which almost got me.

I received an email from a friend I have not talked to in 2 years. I still send him Christmas emails but do not get responses. We started a dialogue, he asked me if I had an Amazon account. He did not sound like my friend but he had the right display name, and what was more intriguing he was writing me from the correct address. He then asked me to send an Amazon gift ecard to a friend. I asked him to call me.

The final email and the most obvious giveaway came with the email of his so called friend, lucyhoney123. This was funny. Something like granny95 would have been more convincing.

This guy was not trying to scam me of some money but send a gift to his sweetheart SW with other’s people money. The moral of this fable? If you try to impress a SW use your own money. Otherwise she won’t think that you are smart but that you are unreliable.

Unbelievable that I have content completely related to BDSM that gets moved to off topic and this is still in the lobby section. I need to speak to a moderator.

#15477 - 07/30/21 07:09 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: Komodo]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

The moderators are not on this site 24/7. This just came to my attention. It is being moved to the OT section.

#15478 - 07/30/21 07:20 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: Komodo]

Pooh-Bah

I've had that happen to me both with my email account and FB. I think it is called phishing. There are so many scams out there. More than likely no one is ever prosecuted. Most likely, many come from hackers overseas. My bank accounted was hacked into a few years back. They made off with about 3k. The bank put the money back into my account. But they didn't seem remotely interested in finding the hacks. Maybe they new it would be a losing cause. What does SW stand for?

#15489 - 07/31/21 04:15 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: Cheyenne]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

Hi Cheyenne. You have a lot of good will and respect from me, and this is not an important issue, but IMHO it is still an error.

A SW is a sex worker. I fought a losing battle for years that there is a difference between a mistress and a SW, since this is the way they prefer to describe themselves I gave up a while ago.

This was the whole point of the post and why I posted it. This is not just about a scam, but about a scam gift to a SW, substitute mistress if you want. Relevant to guys because they could have been the subject of the scam, and to the mistresses because sometimes you have to look in the mouth of the gift horse.

This was a minor post and I don't really care about it. I debated with myself whether to post it on MF where I posted the rest of comments for the day or here and I chose Domina to keep some equilibrium.

At the time when I posted it there were exactly 5 active threads in the previous week. This being the case is there really a need for so much attention whether the post fits perfectly?

I might be a little sensitive because I had in the pasts posts moved which unlike this one were relevant and fit perfectly.

My problem is that this site has some structural and some conceptual problems mostly about how to handle conflicts. You do it admirably in the politics section which I would not want to touch with a five foot pole, but you are the exception which confirms the rule.

#15490 - 07/31/21 04:37 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: Komodo]

Pooh-Bah

Please don't take offense that it was moved. The SW aspect would have been fine in either forum. In any case, it is no big deal. I'm glad for your participation here. To the subject, I was thinking there really wasn't a woman involved at all. It may have been a man behind the whole thing. Who knows. The scams are crazy and desperate. I can't imagine being a miserable enough person to be involved in the internet fraud that happens to day.

Out of curiosity, what is your take on the difference between sex workers and prodoms?

#15498 - 08/01/21 01:40 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: Komodo]
TedBCruisin Online   content
Enthusiast

There are so many scams out there. Adult interests are a commonly targeted one. I've noticed Mistresses photos on advertisements that are clearly not their own at least a dozen times. In one case it turned out to be a man using the ladies photos to solicit money.

#15503 - 08/01/21 03:15 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: Cheyenne]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By Cheyenne
Out of curiosity, what is your take on the difference between sex workers and prodoms?

Hey now... This comment is seriously off-topic of a lobby conversation that is really an off-topic subject so you are just asking for the moderator of this forum to lock this before we have a conversation.

JOKING

#15504 - 08/01/21 03:38 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: Cheyenne]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
I've had that happen to me both with my email account and FB. I think it is called phishing.

To be pedantic, you may have experienced phishing but this actually isn't. If anything, this is spear-phishing which focuses on a specific target rather than a random group of people.

However since it started with a hack and subsequent use of the hacked email account over several interactive emails, rather than just one targeted email that tries to get you to click on a link, I am not sure if it actually qualities as that either.

Not that it matters what you call it because it is definitely a monetary scam.

To the subject, I was thinking there really wasn't a woman involved at all. It may have been a man behind the whole thing.

HEY NOW... whatever happened to equal respect for women? Women are just as capable as men in all technical fields >:-p

Asp

p.s. this is the kind of ridiculousness you get from me while laying in bed wearing stockings, panties and a bra at 4:30am on a Saturday night because a Domme ordered me to "sleep" in this getup but not touch myself... Let this be a lesson to all the Dommes who claim chastity is good for a man's thinking...

#15505 - 08/01/21 04:00 AM Re: Interesting scam [Re: AspX]

Pooh-Bah

LOL. I certainly didn't mean that a woman wouldn't be capable of it. As another poster pointed out, it is not uncommon for a man to either impersonate a woman online. In this case, the girlfriend may have been made up. It was a crummy thing to do in any case. As the original poster pointed out, whoever was behind it wasn't very a very good crook.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cheyenne, Mistress Tissa 
Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (denali, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ChicagoSlicker, international, Mistress UV, nysubjack, Mistress Tissa, ztrade, TheDriver, The Thomas, Jupiter Lake, langerr, porkster, Soapy, buffalo, mikel, furfan, Cheyenne, Boucheron, Chi61, DarkMuse, Ms_Gia_Peccato, MissMary, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, WestAugust, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, DominaAdmin, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Chuck123, Bruce88, Awillingstudent, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, cbtlover, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, Moth to a Flame, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 26842 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Mistress  Lexine