by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#15445 - 07/26/21 06:33 AM Working From Home
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Now that many companies and people have been introduced to this, has it effected you? I've noticed some companies have continued with, assumedly because it saves them money or makes for happier employees. I think it would drive me nuts. In the day when I worked in the corporate world, even a dress down day changed my mindset. I wanted to be in business attire and ready work mode. Kind of funny, when I was active in sessions, it was the same. Even when my head was everywhere else but in kink, as soon as I heard the sound of my boots zipping, BOOM, I was there. So, what about you?

#15448 - 07/26/21 07:35 AM Re: Working From Home [Re: Cheyenne]
ScoobyBelfast Online   content
Enthusiast

A little of both is works for me. I give the office staff two work from home days and three in the office. Everyone's happy.

#15453 - 07/26/21 08:46 AM Re: Working From Home [Re: Cheyenne]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
I have mostly done remote work for the last 15 years & it is so much better for me and my employers. They tend to get a lot more output from me as all the prep and drive time goes to actual work. Also, because my "office" is always with me, there is nothing to stop me jumping on the computer at 2am just because I am awake. Instead of 45 hours a week, they tend to get 60-80 without any resentment because I control that.

For my part, working fully remote (which is different from working from home a couple of times a week) has really enabled my D/s lifestyle. It has allowed me to travel all over the country visiting Dommes because I don't have to miss work to do so & can do it cheaply because of my schedule flexibility.

Basically, I fit work into the schedule of my life instead of trying to live my life during very strict off-work hours. That is a much more successful way for me to both live and work.

#15454 - 07/26/21 11:11 AM Re: Working From Home [Re: Cheyenne]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
The one thing that would appeal to me above all others as far as working from home is the absence of a commute. Driving in big city rush hour traffic is aggravating and time consuming.

#15455 - 07/26/21 01:37 PM Re: Working From Home [Re: Cheyenne]
NameNotFound Offline
Occasional

I'm not yet working but my brother has been working from home since last year. And he's freaking loving it!

He would often wake up at 9:50 AM when a meeting is about due to start at 10. The he would attend it, without even getting off his bed or changing the pajamas he slept in.
Mom would serve delicious home cooked breakfast/lunch/dinner to him right on his bed. (He mostly works lying on the bed). Often he would complete his assigned tasks before the due time, and would then take a nap or read a book or something. He's an introvert and actually like not having to deal with people everyday. His management has noticed a productivity boost in their entire team. And have awarded bonuses for it.

Our garden has a lot of fruit trees (strawberries (bushes) guavas mangoes and a lot more). They're delicious. He missed eating them since he left town about a decade ago. Now he's sick of eating them all the damn time!

Not only that, he saves about 3 hours he would otherwise have spent commuting. He now has the time to explore our beautiful city he couldn't as a child. He also now saves quite a lot in commute-to-work expenses and rent. He's living a life many people could only dream of and never wants to go back. His only issue is lack of privacy.

Me on the other hand? It's a bad time. As good as the above said things sound, I would rather be out of my parents home now. I was suppose to start college last year but got stuck instead :'). It was finally my chance to be alone, independent and away from my parents and my home! Probably missing out on what would otherwise be the best time of my life.

Edited by NameNotFound (07/26/21 02:54 PM)

#15459 - 07/27/21 02:23 AM Re: Working From Home [Re: Cheyenne]
MissMary Online   content
Regular

I work in real estate and mortgage. Much of my work is done from home and always has been. Living alone, it is easy for me to be productive. The only time I'm in business attire, it is for fetish role play. blush

#15463 - 07/27/21 10:41 PM Re: Working From Home [Re: Cheyenne]
Spark Online   content
Enthusiast

Like some others have said a mix is good for me.

Ive been at home since march 2020 and tried to take full advantage of it. Ive rented airbnbs pretty often just for the change of scenery. I eat better and workout more. Ive been able to do fetish sessions in between business calls.

But it can get a bit lonely. I actually worry about my mental health as i have had less social interaction. I think many fall into that category.

Getting back to a mix could be good.

#15467 - 07/29/21 04:23 AM Re: Working From Home [Re: Spark]
TedBCruisin Online   content
Enthusiast

My experience was similar. At first, it was somewhat nice. But, that wore off after a few months. It nice to be interacting, face to face, with my colleagues and clients again. I hope your situation gets back to where you are happier too. Most people are social creatures.

#15469 - 07/29/21 08:05 AM Re: Working From Home [Re: AspX]

Pooh-Bah

Your employers are in a sweet spot. :-) When I was doing on my tech work and editing from home, having an office connected to my bedroom resulted in a lot more getting done than if I had to leave the house.

#15470 - 07/29/21 08:07 AM Re: Working From Home [Re: buffalo]

Pooh-Bah

Traffic is something that I have always despised. I was lucky with the location of both my studio in Rhode Island and Ohio, back in the session days. Both commutes were quick and traffic free.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Cheyenne, Mistress Tissa 
Shout Box

Who's Online
307 registered (MsRoseWoods, Dominions, Chi61, Cheyenne, Chuck123, langerr, tosser, international, Domina M, DominaAdmin, furfan, Poester, Mistress UV, Soapy, nysubjack, artiemus1, broom, CelesteTaylor, marstoy, TheDriver, The Thomas, Mistress Tissa, Moth to a Flame, HellionCobRoller, EllaStrictland, Old_Timer_FL, palmer, Lady Paradise, HenryB, painslut, midlet, ElenaDeLuca, WestAugust, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Boucheron, cbtlover, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, Lady Velvet Steel, SeekingAdventure, domtsub, Robert1218, denali, Bruce88, sheba322000, Swinburne, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, buffalo, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, Felix, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, DommeLynx, Violetwand, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, zetaomicron, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32525 Guests and 103 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Mistress Isadora