by Dominions
04/27/24 08:14 AM
Femdom Church; 1980s
by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#138 - 10/27/15 01:27 AM How did you learn etiquette?
Mistress_Genesis Offline
Artisan

Loc: Arizona
How did you learn etiquette in approaching Pro-Dommes for sessions? I am regularly contacted by people whom appear clueless,as opposed to rude, but I still can't see them.

Sometimes, I will hear back from apologetic subs later, once they realize what they did.

I am interested to hear how people learned what's appropriate.

#139 - 10/27/15 01:43 AM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
Brooklyn Offline

I've always found that basic manners work just fine. Approach a Domme with respect and be polite and things will go well.

#142 - 10/27/15 08:53 AM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
Most "education" happens via the internet these days. The most prevalent indiscretions are asking for something inappropriate because they saw it in a clip. Ignorance from a newbie is one thing. They will normally commit their faux pas in their initial email communication. When I correct it they either apologize and we move on, or they don't. Disrespect from subs that have seen Dommes is another thing entirely. There are two area Dommes, that when I see their name listed as a reference, I know I have my work cut out for me. These subs are usually fine in email contact, but in session they are very likely to call Me honey (or some other endearment) or grope me. You can imagine how that goes over.

That is a case of the "sub" seeing Dommes as fantasy providers that are really under their control because they hired them. It's the Dommes fault for allowing this behavior to go uncorrected and be foisted onto other Dommes. I remember seeing a documentary about the evolution of BDSM and it showed a wealthy man visiting a brothel to be dominated by three prostitutes (this was in Victorian England). On his way out the door, he made the three women curtsey before he gave them what I assume was their tip. This is what these men remind me of. Thankfully I don't get them that often anymore, but when I do, I feel it is my duty to educate them.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#143 - 10/27/15 09:03 AM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
ztrade Online   content
Enthusiast

Well,

there is also the idea of writing on your contact area . . .

"If you are clueless when writing to me, we shall do 30 minute of caning without a safeword for our visit and then discuss good manners . . ."

#150 - 10/27/15 01:42 PM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
junglepet Offline
Artisan

That's a life lesson that is not just about dominas. I learned etiquette from my Mom and my aunts - be polite to women of all ages, especially older ladies. And when I had my first session in NYC I was 20 and my first domina was Mistress Belle De Jour. She had to be in her late 40s, probably 50, approaching my Mom and aunts ages. I was, and still, into role play so following her lead and being polite just fell into place for me. I realize I acted then like a servant even though it was a "shipwrecked sailor / jungle queen" scene or something like that. I've had sessions off and on since back then (the '70s) and now I act like a Mistress has hired me for entertainment so I get in the right frame of mind prior to and during the session. Belle was very exotic and sexy to this relatively innocent boy and I saw her a few times over the years, the last time after a long absence, in the early '90s. Older? Yes. But as erotic as hell. She recommended me to see Mistress Gloria (a niece?) and a couple of other ladies in the '80s. The most important person she recommended was Ava Taurel who I served several times in session when she worked with Belle and later on, '86, when she went independent. She was a handful and very erotic and imaginative. (Sorry for the long post.)

#157 - 10/27/15 07:12 PM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: Mistress Ayn]
dominion Offline

that is appalling!

in one of the sessions before i left, the mistress made me crawl all the way to the door kissing her shoe, and ground my face with her sole to the floor before kicking me out. that would be a so much more appropriate ending to a session.

#196 - 10/29/15 04:09 PM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: Mistress_Genesis]
do not go Offline

Loc: Western Europe
I was very polite and tried to make things easier for the Mistress, i.e. Show a Gentleman like behaviour all the time. Additionally I focused on the reaction of the Mistress, trying to identify if I made something wrong and to make it right the next time.

There is a detailed post on fetlife about etiquette when visiting a Pro-Domme follow this link if you are a fetlife member and interested.

do not go

#208 - 10/30/15 03:38 AM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: ztrade]
Mistress_Genesis Offline
Artisan

This is hilarious. I am literally laughing out loud. wink

Originally Posted By ztrade
Well,

there is also the idea of writing on your contact area . . .

"If you are clueless when writing to me, we shall do 30 minute of caning without a safeword for our visit and then discuss good manners . . ."

#209 - 10/30/15 04:07 AM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: do not go]
Mistress_Genesis Offline
Artisan

Excellent link. I have experienced pretty much everything on that list, at one time or another.

I run into things like guys saying, "I'm not a cop." Well, that usually means that either the person is a very bored cop calling everyone in the Adult section of a website, or he is expecting "extras" that I don't give, and he thinks that disclaimer will make sex happen.

It's possible that the person calling is young and saw a movie that led them to believe that's a good idea to say, but I'm not going to see someone who says that.

I also run into a lot of novices wanting to know what I'll do to them. I tell them that not only is asking this question bad manners, but every session is customized, and I consider things like their reactions and body language during the session, so I couldn't possibly answer on the phone.

I run into guys telling stories of how they saw a Domme for their specific fetishes, and she either would not do something she claimed she was into, or did not have the equipment to do it. I tell them that I will gladly show subs a couple pics of equipment (check the website), but I don't promise things on the phone, both as a legal consideration, and for etiquette. There may be a big reason why someone didn't do something to them. Maybe a guy wanting to be put in heavy leather bondage has seeping wounds where a leather cuff would cover. Or a guy wanting CD said he's about a 40 waist and Large t-shirt, but turns out to be 6ft2 and 500lbs, so the options are limited.

#210 - 10/30/15 04:09 AM Re: How did you learn etiquette? [Re: junglepet]
Mistress_Genesis Offline
Artisan

Sounds like you'd have a lot of good stories from over the years. Have you ever considered writing your memoirs?

Originally Posted By junglepet
That's a life lesson that is not just about dominas. I learned etiquette from my Mom and my aunts - be polite to women of all ages, especially older ladies. And when I had my first session in NYC I was 20 and my first domina was Mistress Belle De Jour. She had to be in her late 40s, probably 50, approaching my Mom and aunts ages. I was, and still, into role play so following her lead and being polite just fell into place for me. I realize I acted then like a servant even though it was a "shipwrecked sailor / jungle queen" scene or something like that. I've had sessions off and on since back then (the '70s) and now I act like a Mistress has hired me for entertainment so I get in the right frame of mind prior to and during the session. Belle was very exotic and sexy to this relatively innocent boy and I saw her a few times over the years, the last time after a long absence, in the early '90s. Older? Yes. But as erotic as hell. She recommended me to see Mistress Gloria (a niece?) and a couple of other ladies in the '80s. The most important person she recommended was Ava Taurel who I served several times in session when she worked with Belle and later on, '86, when she went independent. She was a handful and very erotic and imaginative. (Sorry for the long post.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
326 registered (Moth to a Flame, DominaAdmin, T-bone, Chi61, Soapy, Mistress Mickey, Chuck123, Michelle Lacy, langerr, Dominions, furfan, Eastbabyhuey, Cheyenne, Ma$oboy, HellionCobRoller, Boucheron, The Thomas, NYC Mistress Devi, nysubjack, TheDriver, kefxb24, middleboy992, WestAugust, Mistress An Li, MayaMidnight, CelesteTaylor, Stern Miss Lea, Bruce88, Curiouser, callybionic, EvedLeNashim, Domina M, buffalo, porkster, Bruxelles, artiemus1, tosser, international, denali, MsRoseWoods, Awillingstudent, Mistress Berlin NYC, Poester, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, broom, cbtlover, Ms_Gia_Peccato, DommeLynx, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, ztrade, spiderone23, marstoy, Mistress Tissa, midlet, Mistress UV, Old_Timer_FL, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, Lady Velvet Steel, Mistress Troy, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, palmer, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, painslut, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Scs202323, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 33867 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Mistress Isadora