Atlanta Dungeon
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#13535 - 02/27/21 05:41 PM Re: Sessions and language [Re: MayaMidnight]
CLN Offline

Loc: Norway
Wow - email by translation app. Sounds like you did both him and yourself a favour by turning him down.

#13536 - 02/27/21 05:47 PM Re: Sessions and language [Re: junglebeast]
CLN Offline

laugh

#13567 - 03/01/21 05:51 PM Re: Sessions and language [Re: CLN]
tabula Online   content
Artisan

Loc: New York
My first international session was a few years back in Prague, which is a fantastic city. Sessions are really affordable there and when I realized that I set up a 4-hour double with a couple of reputable Dommes that worked as a team. The email communication was very smooth and gave me the impression that they spoke English pretty well. When I arrived the space was amazing. It was a private apartment, but it was covered top-to-bottom in red leather, even the walls (probably not real). The walls were padded and the equipment was built in and super solid. It was very impressive. The Dommes were gorgeous, but I realized right away that one didn't understand English at all and the other Domme's English was pretty choppy. We had worked out all the details by email and they seem excited to dive in so I didn't worry too much about the language issues. In the end the session was one of my favorites, I found the limited communication exciting. I especially liked that they could conspire about what they were going to do to me in Czech and I had no idea until it happened.

But there was an interesting miscommunication. At one point during the session, one of the Dommes gets out a dog bowl and squats over it and I realize she is about to pee in it and she starts saying something about me having drinking it all up. Golden is not an interest of mine, and I realize that even though I listed golden as a limit in the emails we traded, it's slang and probably didn't translate into Czech correctly. Luckily I wasn't gagged at that moment and could communicate my confusion. But what was interesting is that they were super surprised that golden was a limit for me, given all the other activities they put me through. I guess it's common enough in Prague that even if you don't explicitly list an interest in golden, it can just be assumed that the average masochistic sub will be into it. I chalked it up to an unforeseen cultural difference. In the end, it was pretty funny, but I certainly learned my lesson about making sure all limits are fully understood.

I'd be curious to know other activities that are assumed as "no big deal" interests in one region, that would be seen as more edgy in other regions.

#13600 - 03/03/21 03:50 PM Re: Sessions and language [Re: tabula]
CLN Offline

I haven't noticed any regional differences in what is edgy, but I find it amusing reading about your session having experienced something pretty similar just a month back. I too have a limit on golden showers, but was almost treated to one by my Mistress, who happen to be Czech...

I was lying on the floor tied up tightly when she unfolded some plastic sheets and put them under my head. Then she asked if I was ready for some champagne. She does speak good English, so I could talk myself out of it, though it earned me a couple of extra lashes of her flogger.

I have sessioned with her regularly for two years, so we know each others pretty well, but she simply forgot GS was on my embarrassingly long list of limits. Not a particular favourite on her part either, she thought we hadn't done it before because she never bothered to introduce it.

#13616 - 03/04/21 01:25 PM Re: Sessions and language [Re: CLN]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
Originally Posted By CLN
My first post on the forum - Hello everyone!

Welcome... we are glad to have you

Originally Posted By CLN
I was thinking a little on language differences in sessions.
If you have sessioned with Dommes or subs having a different first language than your own, what are your thoughts and experiences?
Is an exotic accent a plus or a minus?
Did lower fluency in the session language for one or both parties impair the experience?
Any funny misunderstandings?

One of my Dommes is originally from the Ukraine and definitely has a thick accent even though she has lived in the US for a long time (at least a decade). We don't do roleplay so the accent is just a neutral thing for me but I can definitely see how it could be hot if we did a roleplay interrogation scene. She has also never slipped into either Ukrainian or Russian during our encounters.

Because our encounters spread out over days (up to a week) rather than just a simple Pro session for an hour or two, there always seems to be some kind of misunderstanding at some point during that time. Sometimes I think she just reads/hears what she wants to though rather than it being an actual language barrier. In some ways this has enhanced the experience because I have been pushed pasted limits just because I didn't want to ruin the plan she had based on the misunderstanding. In others, it has been infuriating because I am trying to explain something and she just doesn't get it.

Asp

#13620 - 03/04/21 07:43 PM Re: Sessions and language [Re: CLN]
tabula Online   content
Artisan

Loc: New York
So funny. I think we're on to something here.

#13628 - 03/05/21 01:56 PM Re: Sessions and language [Re: AspX]
CLN Offline

Interesting that the misunderstandings can have some positive effects too.

Your days/week-long encounters sounds exciting - are they commercial in nature or free play?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (international, porkster, Chuck123, Soapy, denali, langerr, Chi61, DominaAdmin, Mistress Tissa, TheDriver, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ChicagoSlicker, Mistress UV, nysubjack, ztrade, The Thomas, Jupiter Lake, buffalo, mikel, furfan, Cheyenne, Boucheron, DarkMuse, Ms_Gia_Peccato, MissMary, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, WestAugust, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Bruce88, Awillingstudent, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, cbtlover, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, Moth to a Flame, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 27005 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Lady Bellatrix