#11545 - 08/10/20 01:34 PM Re: Save The Chicago Studio [Re: cbtlover]
John_Bolton Offline
Regular

Conducting sessions is the best thing you can do

#11546 - 08/10/20 05:51 PM Re: Save The Chicago Studio [Re: AspX]
buffalo Online   content
Enthusiast

Loc: USA
Thanks. I am probably overly paranoid about stuff like this but better safe then have to answer questions I don’t want to.

#11550 - 08/11/20 05:13 AM Newest Update [Re: AspX]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Loc: Detroit
https://twitter.com/chicagomistress/status/1292981030496935938

"Great progress to reaching the goal needed to keep Studio open and available through 2020 crisis. I am so blessed to all who have donated to this point. If we.l can do the final stretch the space will be save till next year."

My reading of this is that fulfillment of the 14k goal will fund The Studio through the end of 2020 rather than just for another month, which should get us through the most of the Covid crisis with this space intact.

As of this post, the donations sit at just over $9,400. To donate go here.

#11552 - 08/11/20 06:14 AM Re: Newest Update [Re: AspX]
John_Bolton Offline
Regular

Til the end of 2020 for COVID? Try til the end of 2021. I am going on record here...... COVID is weaponized to accomplish an agenda and is not going away at the end of 2020. We'll still be in cold and flu season. So all flu cases will be counted. Trust me.

Remember.... it was just two weeks to flatten the curve. Now it's just a two week delay to reopen schools. It's only two more weeks. Just another month. Just another two weeks. Just another two weeks.

Get the picture?

#11556 - 08/11/20 11:49 AM Re: Maybe the last chance... [Re: John_Bolton]
Mistress Ayn Online   content

Veteran

Loc: Atlanta, GA and Romania
All of this makes the assumption that it's the Dommes being unwilling to do sessions that is the problem. That is not the problem - at least not here. I can't speak for every city/Dungeon, but it's primarily that subs aren't traveling due to COVID. There are no conventions, work meetings are being done via Zoom and even locals are mostly working from home and are having to get very creative just to carve out an hour or two away from their families. It sounds like you are single and can travel or get away for a session easily. That is not true of most clients of pro Dommes.

The scenario you describe with multiple sessions isn't likely to happen anytime soon. I wish it would. Trust Me. You are correct about at least one thing - the old way of doing business is gone. I think individual Dommes that take their business seriously will do, and have done, just fine during this time. We are making up the shortfall with Skype session and other online options. The big wonderful shared spaces are what is in jeopardy and as Asp has pointed out, replacing them once gone is herculean task. I know how difficult it is to get all the pieces to fit with a successful commercial space.

Main website: www.mistressayn.com
Content site: www.aynrules.com
Follow Me on Twitter - @MistressAyn

#11574 - 08/12/20 03:31 AM Re: How Donation Will Appear On Credit Card Statement [Re: buffalo]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Originally Posted By buffalo
Thanks. I am probably overly paranoid about stuff like this but better safe then have to answer questions I don’t want to.

I totally get it... I am just as paranoid about stuff.. heee is the response I got from my inquiry:

- "GFM*GoFndMe* Help The"
- MERCHANT LOCATION*. Redwood City CA 94063
- MERCHANT CATEGORY. CHARITABLE AND SOCIAL SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS

#11575 - 08/12/20 04:28 AM Re: Newest Update [Re: John_Bolton]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Originally Posted By John_Bolton
Til the end of 2020 for COVID? Try til the end of 2021. I am going on record here...... COVID is weaponized to accomplish an agenda and is not going away at the end of 2020. We'll still be in cold and flu season. So all flu cases will be counted. Trust me.

Remember.... it was just two weeks to flatten the curve. Now it's just a two week delay to reopen schools. It's only two more weeks. Just another month. Just another two weeks. Just another two weeks.

Get the picture?

Blah... Blah... Political Opinion... Blah...

When the covid crisis actually ends is irrelevant to when the business returns to a pre-covid revenue level. The point here is that the fundraiser is not just to get to September but to take The Studio in Chicago to 2021. This update was prompted by Mistress Simone posting this information on Twitter, but was made more relevant by your own statements in this thread about how you wouldn't contribute because they would just come back and ask for more money next month. This has been refuted by her statement of what meeting the gosl woild mean for the facility.

From an opinion point of view, expectations are that one (if not more) vaccines will be approved and distribution will begin near the end of the year (even if "near" means the beginning of 2021). In addition, new treatments for the virus (which are also currently in testing) should also be approved for general use in the same general timeframe.

So, just like when people rushed to return to normal this spring/summer, I expect there will be a much greater comfort level with both attending events and sessoning for both Pros and clients. This will either allow for Dungeons to return to full self-sufficiency or for that revenue stream to be close enough that the owners who have to bear the costs can reasonably absorb those costs for a little bit.

It is ok for you to disagree with that assessment as you have already expressed that you will not contribute to supporting facilities such as this for any reason. That is your choice, and it is a valid one, but trolling the efforts or denigrating others because they wish to goes beyond just not contributing and it is just not appreciated.

#11576 - 08/12/20 06:57 AM Re: Save The Chicago Studio [Re: AspX]
cbtlover Online   content
Regular

Loc: Tampa, Florida
Originally Posted By AspX
Hopefully, it is not too late to post this as I actually expected that somebody else had already done it. This is another iconic dungeon for our touring Dommes to use that is in real trouble because of rent costs accruing in an expensive city with no revenue coming in.

Go Fund Me

Please donate any amount if you can, even if you never get to experience this wonderful space in Chicago. Having these spaces across the US helps support Dommes touring across the US so it may just help bring the best to your doorstep.

As we all know, COVID-19 has forced many establishments and venues to temporarily close operations for the sake of social distancing. Those of us in this industry have the ability to pivot our means of income. The spaces we use don't have that luxury. With no rentals, parties or events there is no income at this time but the rent is still due.

Until it's safe for Mistress Simone to reopen The Chicago Studio we are asking our community for help. Your donations are needed right now to ensure the Studio stays strong through this pandemic. We are grateful for any amount you can afford to share.

100% of the money raised will be used for studio rent and bills.

About The Studio

The Chicago Studio has been in its current location for over a decade. Many talented Chicago-based Dominas and other S.W.s call this space home, while a plethora of visiting Mistresses feel welcomed to make it their Chicago touchstone. Mistress Simone has taken this expansive space and filled it with enough equipment, toys and furniture to satisfy even the most creative. This is no accident, she has poured her heart and soul into those walls to solidify the Studio's place as a fixture of the Chicago community.

The Chicago Studio has long been a safe space for freedom of expression. Hosting education weekends, events and community groups. Including but not limited to TNGC, Rough Group, CCF and Chicago ABDL.

Mistress Simone and her space have been there for so many in the past, now it's our turn to show support.

About The Studio’s fearless owner

Mistress Simone is a staple in the Chicago and national community with a career spanning nearly 30 years. Opening her first independent studio in 1995 making The Chicago Studio the longest-running, female-owned space in Chicago. Lifting up the community, both professional and lifestyle, has always been a top priority and is reflected in her space to this day.

As a member of the community, Mistress Simone has had the honor of being a titleholder on multiple occasions. She was the first Leather Woman to hold 2 international titles, the first female International Puppy Trainer, and the first Ms. Illinois Leather Woman. Simone has long served the community beginning by helping Chicago's Taboo Tabou store become a fetish retail destination. Then she went on to be the operating manager and key social director of the original Leather Rose.

Reaching well beyond the Chicago area she educated many by sharing her skills on platforms such as Kink Academy and contributing through writing. This includes “The Toybag Guide to Chastity ” by Greenery Press, as a chastity expert for Stockroom. Her current project, “The Femme Domme Mystique” podcast continues this legacy.

Perhaps you should ask other head Mistresses as to the finical condition of their respective Dungeons. Several Dommes and Dungeons are of the verge on bankruptcy.

#11578 - 08/12/20 07:31 AM Re: Save The Chicago Studio [Re: cbtlover]
AspX Online   content
Sage

Originally Posted By cbtlover

Perhaps you should ask other head Mistresses as to the finical condition of their respective Dungeons. Several Dommes and Dungeons are of the verge on bankruptcy.

I will post about and support any Domme with a public space who is asking for help. Although I have played with multiple Chicago based Dommes at The Studio, my only contact with Mistress Simone in my entire life was one 30 second conversation where I introduced myself when we were at The FemDom Ball in London last October.

Everything I am doing is for the general support of the community as a whole rather than "trying to get in good" with a Domme of mine. If you know of anyone else who is looking for help let me know or even better encourage them to come here and post themselves since I am sure that would actually get a better response.

#11580 - 08/12/20 10:12 AM Re: Save The Chicago Studio [Re: AspX]
John_Bolton Offline
Regular

John_Bolton, I am seeing a tendency to involve political ideology in your posts. If this continues you will be restricted to the Off Topic & Politics forums.

Domina.ms Admin

It is odd that a virus that can be disinfected so easily can't yet be cured. I would recommend all democrats take the vaccine first and I'll see how that goes.

Edited by DominaAdmin (08/12/20 07:16 PM)

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
291 registered (Lady Velvet Steel, Domina M, tosser, Dominions, Chuck123, palmer, international, Cheyenne, TheDriver, Soapy, furfan, Chi61, DominaAdmin, Kallcarrty, cbtlover, denali, midlet, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, nysubjack, cbot, jadreg13, EvedLeNashim, Browniepoints95, Protons1, langerr, broom, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, CelesteTaylor, marstoy, Lady Bellatrix, Jeffmill999, buffalo, mikel, kefxb24, Natasha Strange, Mistress Ayn, porkster, Bruce88, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Boucheron, ChicagoSlicker, sheba322000, WestAugust, artiemus1, MsRoseWoods, ztrade, The Thomas, llf, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, Slv4u, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, GrimmX, Eastbabyhuey, bondagelover, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, Violetwand, SlaveGunner, zetaomicron, Moth to a Flame, LAN, sfotk1, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, domtsub, gfred1, Stephen M, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, bane, strangefruit, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, T-bone, coockiemonsterworshp, Chamberpot, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, Curiouser, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, ingridguerci94, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, slvmaximus, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, need to serve, mass, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 30963 Guests and 98 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Madam Mysteria