by Domina M
04/24/24 07:13 AM
Session Rates going down
by Mistress Tissa
04/23/24 08:46 PM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
Is my Kristi Noem fantasy healthy at all?
by Cheyenne
04/22/24 06:58 AM
Dune and Femdom
by broom
04/21/24 05:46 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#11486 - 08/05/20 07:55 AM Prices should be raised 10%
John_Bolton Offline
Regular

John_Bolton, I am seeing a tendency to involve political ideology in your posts. If this continues you will be restricted to the Off Topic & Politics forums.

Domina.ms Admin

To avoid pain and shock later, now might be a good time to raise prices by 10%. I say this because if you are earning a living from conducting sessions, you must keep up with the times. If you are charging $250 per session, go to $275. $275 to $300. I think most people would pay it without thinking much about it. It's better to go from $250 to $275 now so you can more easily go to $300 later and not have it seem like a shock to clients. Imagine if you had a landlord who kept his rent at $1000 every year and failed to maintain the dwelling because he didn't go up slowly over ten years. Then he can't exactly go to $1150 like all the other houses because it shocks the tenant and causes them to move out to a better maintained similar house and leaves the landlord forever stuck with a slumlord type place.

Better pay=better equipment and facility.

Gold, silver, and crypto assets are all skyrocketing because the dollar is losing value. If you search DXY, the US dollar chart, you'll see the dollar is at 92.8. Normal is 100. It's lost over 7% in value recently and continues to decline. Stocks, gold, silver, etc. keep rising because of the trillions being pumped into the economy from bailouts.

With 3 trillion being pumped in, that means there is now an extra 9000 for each US citizen. With no new assets or services to go along with that, the people who lose out are those who still make the same money per year because prices for things go up.

Edited by DominaAdmin (08/12/20 07:13 PM)

#11488 - 08/05/20 02:10 PM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: John_Bolton]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I've long been retired. But, I was charging $300. an hour about 15 years ago. Hard to believe rates haven't gone in up in that time.

#11490 - 08/05/20 06:07 PM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: Cheyenne]
John_Bolton Offline
Regular

Yeah I know. I think $300 per hour is the standard rate one would expect across the US for a reputable, independent, experienced domme. Some are still charging $250 and $275.

About the only thing that is still about the same price is a pizza. Most everything else in the US has gone up in price.

Standard Honda Accord in 2013: $22,000
2020: $27,000

Someone has to make the move and raise prices. If there are syndicated boards like this where dommes across the US collaborate and everyone gets along great, you would think they'd agree to raise prices to $325.

#11491 - 08/05/20 11:33 PM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: John_Bolton]

Pooh-Bah

An across the board agreement on prices among Doms will likely not happen. Whether it is price or conduct, what have you, everyone is going to do their own thing. If prices were to be raised, $25. is seems trivial. I'd say kick it up to $400. if it prices are to be raised at all. For some clients, price will be a factor and understandably so. For others not so much. I will say that if a dom is priced higher than most, she should have top notch everything. *Sigh* I'm loving my retired life but, the session days were a lot of fun.

#11493 - 08/06/20 07:37 AM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: Cheyenne]
John_Bolton Offline
Regular

I agree. I actually would be weary of someone offering sessions for below $250 these days. It would make me think they are not up to date on things in the community or don't value themselves that high, which takes away from the dominance.

$300 may be hard to push past mentally for some as famous stars like Mistress Tangent may only be charging $400 per hour, which would be incredible.

As many businesses close down, now is a great time to expand and advertise more than ever rather than retreat and contract as a business. No belt tightening.

#11496 - 08/06/20 08:32 AM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: John_Bolton]

Pooh-Bah

I'm not sure where you are located. The prodom scene in NYC and LA has always been it's own little world. Mistress Tangent. ClubDom loves her. She is so awesome. It reminds me to ask my production manager to reach out to her and see how she is. Maybe he already has. They are good friends. When it is cool for her to travel out, I'd love to have her back out to Florida. Awesome lady.

#11499 - 08/06/20 12:38 PM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: Cheyenne]
John_Bolton Offline
Regular

Within proximity of Kansas City. Not an ideal area of domme sessions and vacations are on hold due to violence in most cities and silly travel requirements that I don't feel like playing into.

#11502 - 08/06/20 09:38 PM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: John_Bolton]

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By John_Bolton
Within proximity of Kansas City. Not an ideal area of domme sessions and vacations are on hold due to violence in most cities and silly travel requirements that I don't feel like playing into.

If you get the itch, it currently isn't that difficult to fly into South Florida. Michelle Lacy is awesome. Along with Tangent, she is one of the most amazing Doms ClubDom has shot with.

#11583 - 08/12/20 02:18 PM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: John_Bolton]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

To avoid pain and shock later, now might be a good time to raise prices by 10%. I say this because if you are earning a living from conducting sessions, you must keep up with the times. If you are charging $250 per session, go to $275. $275 to $300. I think most people would pay it without thinking much about it. It's better to go from $250 to $275 now so you can more easily go to $300 later and not have it seem like a shock to clients. Imagine if you had a landlord who kept his rent at $1000 every year and failed to maintain the dwelling because he didn't go up slowly over ten years. Then he can't exactly go to $1150 like all the other houses because it shocks the tenant and causes them to move out to a better maintained similar house and leaves the landlord forever stuck with a slumlord type place.

Gold, silver, and crypto assets are all skyrocketing because the dollar is losing value. If you search DXY, the US dollar chart, you'll see the dollar is at 92.8. Normal is 100. It's lost over 7% in value recently and continues to decline. Stocks, gold, silver, etc. keep rising because of the trillions being pumped into the economy from bailouts.

With 3 trillion being pumped in, that means there is now an extra 9000 for each US citizen. With no new assets or services to go along with that, the people who lose out are those who still make the same money per year because prices for things go up.

John, for all the subs who’ve read this post, may interject with a large dose of sarcasm, “Thanks for ALL the help!”

I’m going to avoid all the macroeconomics in your post to suggest some experiences I’ve dealt with in recessions over the past few decades. First of all, few of us clearly understand national or international economic trends and forces such as inflation, deflation, etc., etc. What people DO understand are layoffs, salary cuts, bonus cuts, foreclosures, unpaid bills, etc.

I’m guessing, but for most subs, having sessions is a hobby, a luxury really, to indulge when things are normal or better than normal for us economically. When a downturn like this happens consumers cut back on “entertainment,” for us, sessions. Even if we are supposedly “devoted” or “addicted” to our Mistresses, anyone with some discipline or common sense will cut back.

That happened in two recessions I remember, the 2008-09 “Great Recession” and one during the 1980s. Dominas that I knew got hit hard. There was no way to increase prices, in fact they were lucky of regulars (like me) visited. I heard stories that some subs called around for “deals.”

Between subs getting hit with a recession and fears of infection due to the pandemic, and Dominas being impacted by fewer sessions, in practical terms I doubt prices will go up anytime soon. I am certainly not wishing ill will on any Dominas make more $$$ but given the dumpster fire year 2020 is, that is just my opinion.

#11584 - 08/12/20 05:55 PM Re: Prices should be raised 10% [Re: junglebeast]
John_Bolton Offline
Regular

Originally Posted By junglebeast

John, for all the subs who’ve read this post, may interject with a large dose of sarcasm, “Thanks for ALL the help!”

I’m going to avoid all the macroeconomics in your post to suggest some experiences I’ve dealt with in recessions over the past few decades. First of all, few of us clearly understand national or international economic trends and forces such as inflation, deflation, etc., etc. What people DO understand are layoffs, salary cuts, bonus cuts, foreclosures, unpaid bills, etc.

I’m guessing, but for most subs, having sessions is a hobby, a luxury really, to indulge when things are normal or better than normal for us economically. When a downturn like this happens consumers cut back on “entertainment,” for us, sessions. Even if we are supposedly “devoted” or “addicted” to our Mistresses, anyone with some discipline or common sense will cut back.

That happened in two recessions I remember, the 2008-09 “Great Recession” and one during the 1980s. Dominas that I knew got hit hard. There was no way to increase prices, in fact they were lucky of regulars (like me) visited. I heard stories that some subs called around for “deals.”

Between subs getting hit with a recession and fears of infection due to the pandemic, and Dominas being impacted by fewer sessions, in practical terms I doubt prices will go up anytime soon. I am certainly not wishing ill will on any Dominas make more $$$ but given the dumpster fire year 2020 is, that is just my opinion.

Man, you definitely got the dumpster fire 2020 correct. What a shitty year. I think there will be a niche group of dommes who can still be successful. These will be the dommes who disregard the economic downturn and extract money from subs by telling them they are worthless and need to go out and earn money to send to her. Some do this well. I am not a fan of these women or get any sexual arousal for sending them money (never have sent any), but they realize there are men who will sell their car airbags on Ebay to send them money and they encourage that behavior.

Despite there being an economic downturn, some people may be doing better than ever. I look at things like this..... the government just pumped three trillion dollars into the economy. So there are more dollars than before circulating and still the same number of people. It means I need to go get them and use them quickly at places that fail to raise their prices. Heck... some places even lower their prices.

To be accurate, some people who have lost their jobs are sitting at home watching Netflix. Then there are people like me who still have their jobs and want to point out how pathetic people who watch Netflix are, so in our spare time, we'll get on the phone and call across the country to buy things and then sell them again to earn some pretty good money. It's out there for who really wants it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
305 registered (SeekingAdventure, broom, Old_Timer_FL, Soapy, marstoy, palmer, Cheyenne, WestAugust, Chi61, HenryB, langerr, CelesteTaylor, domtsub, TheDriver, Boucheron, Robert1218, international, denali, Domina M, Chuck123, tosser, Bruce88, painslut, artiemus1, sheba322000, Swinburne, midlet, Lady Velvet Steel, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, nysubjack, buffalo, Domina_Felicity_Hart, The Thomas, cbtlover, HellionCobRoller, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, DominaAdmin, Felix, furfan, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, DommeLynx, Mistress Tissa, Violetwand, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, Slv4u, Lady Bellatrix, bondagelover, Moth to a Flame, llf, sfotk1, Curiouser, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, T-bone, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, Dominions, Ms_Gia_Peccato, jeanmarc, Browniepoints95, MayaMidnight, Mistress UV, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, MsRoseWoods, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, mbilbo, KYboy, chuck, Mistress Berlin NYC, zetaomicron, schrads, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, gfred1, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Miss Grey, shlem, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32208 Guests and 102 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

Sponsor a Domina