Sponsor a Domina
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
03/27/24 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
03/27/24 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
03/27/24 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
03/27/24 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
03/27/24 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#10983 - 05/23/20 02:14 PM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Miss Adah Vonn]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

I really like that idea!

Aside from hyphenated names getting unwieldy I like the symbolism of a couple choosing a new name together. As equals, taking on a new identity and a new life together. Sharing equally in the benefits and burdens of taking on a new name,showing the world you belong to each other.

#10984 - 05/23/20 02:16 PM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Mme Veronica]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Its not oppression if I wanted to do it. To get into that sort of relationship to begin with I would need to respect, admire, and think the world of that woman. If that was the case I would want to do things for her.

#11001 - 05/24/20 05:57 AM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Soapy]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Addict

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Soapy
My answer is conditional.

I think the historical roots of wives & children taking a man's name are based on flawed thinking and oppression.

I also think doing the inverse to make a statement is still reinforcing that tradition and still rests on the same faulty thinking.

I do think there is practical value in a couple and their children all sharing the same last name.

Outside of practical issues I don't have a strong preference for any style of nomenclature.

I would take a woman's last name if doing so had a strong meaning for her and if I agreed with that meaning. I would do it out of my love for her.

I agree with what you're saying here, Soapy.

I would not take anyone's name, man or otherwise. I would not expect him to do the same for me (though my last two partners indicated they would take my name if we married).

As a person who has a knee-jerk response to various traditions, I would rather see men take women's names. But tend to think that what's even more interesting is when a partnership results in a new name for them both. Whether it's hyphenated or a new name altogether. A potential genealogical headache, but fitting symbolically.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (05/24/20 05:58 AM)

#11004 - 05/24/20 08:42 AM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa
. But tend to think that what's even more interesting is when a partnership results in a new name for them both.

I hadn't heard of this idea before.

I really like it. It seems to have a lot of positive "team spirit", positivity, and a strong statement behind it.

#11005 - 05/24/20 08:59 AM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Mistress Tissa]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa
But tend to think that what's even more interesting is when a partnership results in a new name for them both. Whether it's hyphenated or a new name altogether. A potential genealogical headache, but fitting symbolically.

I'm open-minded about a lot of things but too damned traditional... yeah old. I don't know. I'm not sure how I would have reacted in "the Dark Ages" when my wife and I got married. In my experience a few longtime couples we know, friends and family, the wives have kept their maiden names professionally (in a couple of cases hyphenated it), but legally the name they use is their husbands. I once worked with a guy who was very forward thinking at the time (around 1980) and when he got married he hyphenated his name.

All of this is about respect, comfort and a bit of practicality (home loans, credit cards... legalities) mixed in.

#11093 - 06/02/20 05:02 AM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Cheyenne]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I think that this is more interesting as a hypothetical question than a real one. Usually a domme uses a different name in her trade, like Cheyenne. I think that some respondents are thinking of that name rather than the real name, like Porky Rogers. The same goes for subs, my real name is not Komodo. I think that most people want a separation between their play and their life, and they want privacy in their life.

Taking the name of the wife draws attention to both in a way that probably neither of them would want.

#11137 - 06/13/20 02:56 PM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Soapy]
BiSlaveBoy Offline
Occasional

I would take whatever she wanted......to be married to a Femdom is the dream! She could write my vows....she would own everything, would control everything, I would promise to honor and obey and grovellingly serve until death do us part....or she kicks me to the kerb.....for which I would be eternally grateful....my mistress's decisions are without question.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (Domina M, Ms_Gia_Peccato, langerr, artiemus1, Cheyenne, Soapy, international, denali, TheDriver, Slv4u, The Thomas, DominaAdmin, nysubjack, Moth to a Flame, Mistress Tissa, Lady Velvet Steel, Awillingstudent, WestAugust, porkster, Chi61, Mistress UV, marstoy, cbtlover, ChicagoSlicker, furfan, buffalo, Chuck123, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, ztrade, Jupiter Lake, mikel, Boucheron, DarkMuse, MissMary, MayaMidnight, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Bruce88, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, twerkfordommes, tosser, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, mass, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 27443 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Mistress Jada Sinn