by Soapy
04/26/24 04:50 AM
Where the hell am I?
by Cheyenne
04/25/24 06:39 AM
X POST?
by Soapy
04/23/24 09:34 AM
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Domina_Felicity_Hart
04/22/24 06:56 PM
New Reviews
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
04/14/24 10:22 PM
Domina Sophie Agenoux of LA and San Francisco
by Domina M
04/14/24 04:23 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by KYboy
04/10/24 04:57 AM
Domina Sohpie Agenoux of Los Angels (SF and Paris too). INCREDIBLE
by EvedLeNashim
04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#10917 - 05/21/20 09:27 AM Re: Misogyny in a FemDom forum [Re: DominaAdmin]
junglebeast Online   content
Addict

Originally Posted By DominaAdmin
Our latest Troll has been banished. He is now threatening us with hate posts and repeated trolling attacks. Gee, what a nice guy.

I always thought that someone who would troll a board centering on Dominas was never a sub. More of a passive/aggressive type. Thanks for banishing the troll.

#10938 - 05/21/20 05:46 PM Re: Neglient Moderation: Welcome To Maxfisch.com Part II [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
Moderation is a good thing, and yes, we don't want this board to become like MF but it would be sad to see this board ban people due a differing opinion or for simply having bad manners.

I find it very interesting that some people are having a kind of panic moment and going full on black-and-white thinking where we either allow trolls to exist and thrive here or we're "over-moderating!" ... simply because I requested that we don't allow *misogyny* here. I think that shows how socially acceptable it is and how desensitized we are to misogyny.

Not wanting to read insulting comments about women is not just a matter of "differing opinion" or "bad manners". It's a very serious thing that has had devastating effects on both women AND men. Forgive me for not wanting to be subjected to it on a FemDom board.

As far as the more harmless differing opinions and bad manners? I react appropriately because I'm intelligent enough to know the difference between reasonable disagreements and the reasonable emotions that go with them and being a "Nazi" as I believe a couple people have insinuated.

I'm sure people think I just want to censor people. On the contrary, I'm all about freedom of speech. I'm also about people's understanding that some types of speech aren't acceptable in certain spaces, nor should people expect them to be without repercussions.

Quote:
Any other suggestions?

I think it's simple: Let's act like adults. Disagreements will happen. Emotions will happen. When it crosses the line into name-calling, slander, harassment, threats, targeted hate we give a warning, maybe two, depending on the type of offense. If the person continues, they're removed. I would suggest a time-out but this software doesn't have that capability.

The people who have a serious problem with this are likely those who are don't trust that they will be able to control themselves. Instead of blaming others and crying "over-moderation", try practicing responsible behavior.

No one here is interested in censoring your speech...unless you're creating a hostile and unwelcoming environment for other members.

#10974 - 05/23/20 12:32 PM Re: Misogyny in a FemDom forum [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Mme Veronica Offline
Regular

+1 on that.

I've asked that question up and down on MF since 2007, and there are inevitably two answers: 1) I'm not sexist, how dare you insinuate that! 2) Female domination has nothing to do with feminism.

Both pretty demoralizing responses. I've learned to stop asking it and accept that the cis hetero men who are interested in us either don't want to understand or don't care. It is puzzling. I think that many men have been raised to equate feminism with stereotypical man-hating lesbians (this is not true and an extremely antiquated view).

So yeah, why aren't more submissive men interested in feminism? Why isn't that the driving force behind their servitude? I've asked it over and over. It comes down to the fact that they worship power and beauty and do not associate that with equanimity, rights, or overcoming a history marginalization.

V

#10987 - 05/23/20 02:33 PM Re: Misogyny in a FemDom forum [Re: Mme Veronica]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

I think you are right.

From the little biopic accounts I've read over the years the clients and professionals come to the space from different directions.

The subs stumbled across a kink button that is extremely stimulating. The professionals got introduced to the kink, found it fitting well with a new narrative that works for them.

I don't think it is all gloom. You can always find an open minded person occasionally who is interested to hear about something outside of their world.

#10988 - 05/23/20 04:09 PM Re: Misogyny in a FemDom forum [Re: Soapy]
Mme Veronica Offline
Regular

I do have some clients who consider themselves feminists. They are more in tune with the complexity of their proclivities.

#11000 - 05/24/20 05:50 AM Re: Misogyny in a FemDom forum [Re: Mme Veronica]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Mme Veronica
+1 on that.

I've asked that question up and down on MF since 2007, and there are inevitably two answers: 1) I'm not sexist, how dare you insinuate that! 2) Female domination has nothing to do with feminism.

Both pretty demoralizing responses. I've learned to stop asking it and accept that the cis hetero men who are interested in us either don't want to understand or don't care. It is puzzling. I think that many men have been raised to equate feminism with stereotypical man-hating lesbians (this is not true and an extremely antiquated view).

So yeah, why aren't more submissive men interested in feminism? Why isn't that the driving force behind their servitude? I've asked it over and over. It comes down to the fact that they worship power and beauty and do not associate that with equanimity, rights, or overcoming a history marginalization.

V

I agree with what you're saying, but I personally don't think one has to identify as a feminist to be a FemDom or to support women as equal. I have an unfinished essay about my take on issues that exist with feminism. None of which have anything to do with women being equal. I mean, that's axiomatic.

I think when men don't understand how sociopolitical issues relate to FemDom (e.g. bodily autonomy, Me Too, etc) it can sometimes indicate that he is really fetishizing female Dominants and how we may serve his sexual needs than "this is a human being who I respect and whose welfare concerns me", which is more indicative of an actual submissive or slave.

Edited by Mistress Tissa (05/24/20 05:51 AM)

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Shout Box

Who's Online
313 registered (Poester, langerr, tosser, Domina M, TheDriver, international, Cheyenne, Soapy, Chi61, midlet, buffalo, Mistress Tissa, nysubjack, Eva Lordes, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Stern Miss Lea, 2Balls1Cock, Old_Timer_FL, WestAugust, Mistress Berlin NYC, CelesteTaylor, The Thomas, marstoy, painslut, HenryB, gfred1, palmer, broom, mbilbo, HellionCobRoller, Curiouser, shlem, badboy, DommeLynx, DominaAdmin, Chuck123, artiemus1, T-bone, zeta, cbtlover, Dominions, Gil, EvedLeNashim, Violetwand, denali, schrads, Bruce88, MsRoseWoods, furfan, Mistress UV, Moth to a Flame, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Bruxelles, Boucheron, Lady Bellatrix, Slv4u, Lady Velvet Steel, SeekingAdventure, domtsub, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, ztrade, LAN, Awillingstudent, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, Protons1, SlaveGunner, Felix, ingridguerci94, bane, ChicagoSlicker, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, sfotk1, servedeaj, need to serve, Chamberpot, Stephen M, jadreg13, Lpbri, Eastbabyhuey, Mistress Ayn, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, MayaMidnight, mikel, kefxb24, porkster, Bound ashtray Man, Ma$oboy, Madam Jess, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, chuck, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Komodo, mike04071, Normaldude, jlars555, isuffr4her, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Mistress Troy, Scs202323, Oliver Cromwell, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, Mistress Ruby Riots, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, pinkcaboose, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, MistressMaraM, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 32958 Guests and 103 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
April
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30

DTLA Dominas