Madam Mysteria
New Lobby Posts
Dungeon Rentals in Greater Los Angeles or Orange County CA?
by Jupiter Lake
Yesterday at 07:37 PM
New To The Forum
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 07:02 PM
Ballbusting -- how do they do it?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Best Domme Advertising Platform?
by Mistress UV
Yesterday at 04:31 PM
Facilities
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:44 AM
AtlantaDominatrix.co
m

by Victoria_Cayne
03/26/24 04:41 PM
The Agony and the Ecstasy
by furfan
03/25/24 06:23 AM
New York state of mind
by Curiouser
03/23/24 03:53 PM
Dommes Only Forum?
by DominaAdmin
03/20/24 08:18 PM
Political Forum Vote
by Soapy
03/20/24 07:04 AM
New Reviews
In Chastity For Mistress Victoria Cayne
by nysubjack
Yesterday at 09:31 PM
Not Quite Reviews but...A List Amazing Mistresses I've Served over the Yrs
by Mistress Tissa
Yesterday at 01:47 AM
Mistresses Ultra Violet & Carissa Montgomery
by Mistress UV
03/25/24 06:07 PM
NYC Smoke Ash Spit
by dsorbet
03/09/24 04:07 AM
Looking for reviews in NYC
by llf
02/28/24 09:36 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#10809 - 05/18/20 10:59 AM If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name?
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Cheyenne brought up this interesting question in another thread.

I didn't want the topic of that thread to be distracted from so I am posting her question here.

#10810 - 05/18/20 11:05 AM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Soapy]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

My answer is conditional.

I think the historical roots of wives & children taking a man's name are based on flawed thinking and oppression.

I also think doing the inverse to make a statement is still reinforcing that tradition and still rests on the same faulty thinking.

I do think there is practical value in a couple and their children all sharing the same last name.

Outside of practical issues I don't have a strong preference for any style of nomenclature.

I would take a woman's last name if doing so had a strong meaning for her and if I agreed with that meaning. I would do it out of my love for her.

#10811 - 05/18/20 11:12 AM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Soapy]
AssSniffer1999 Offline
Artisan

Loc: Connecticut
I'd rather do a hyphenated last name than changing my last name alltogether.

#10812 - 05/18/20 11:41 AM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Soapy]
future pet Offline
Artisan

I like my name. It's got long roots, good and bad. Full of reminders. I don't want to surrender it. That being said, I can't ask anyone else to do the same for me.

Could get complicated with kids names I guess.

#10819 - 05/18/20 12:31 PM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Soapy]
Swordfish Online   content
Regular

Loc: California
I would not take anyone else's last name, I can't imagine any conditions under which I'd consider it. Okay, if I were a fugitive from justice, maybe smile

This would be my second marriage, and I'm old enough that I don't have children, so I don't care one whit whether she changes her name or not. I'd be honored and appreciative if she did, but would not mind if she didn't.

I guess the question becomes more interesting if I pretend I were young enough to still have kids

#10822 - 05/18/20 01:45 PM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Soapy]
gimp Online   content
Regular

Loc: NJ, USA
If she ask me too sure. My last name is never pronounced the right way so if hers was easier spell or pronounce even better. I don’t think of a guy taking a woman’s name as a kinky thing as a few guys do for different reasons.

#10823 - 05/18/20 02:03 PM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Soapy]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

I would take a woman's last name if doing so had a strong meaning for her and if I agreed with that meaning. I would do it out of my love for her.

That is such a cool feeling on the subject. At the end of the day, if someone is going to be a life partner with someone, they need to care about each other's feelings while being secure about their relationship. As I mentioned in an earlier comment, my daughter is so grieving the loss of her father that she is considering taking his last name back. My son in law is completely cool about it. He'd probably change his too if it made his wife happy. As for me, I'm a traditional person. My late husband and I loved our kinky play but our home life was as vanilla as it gets. (Most of the time.) I wouldn't consider marrying a man if I wouldn't take his last name. Other people feel differently. So, I don't see the big deal over it. In a femdom novel....oh....this could be fun. It has inspired a new video for subbyhubby. I'm thinking about arranged marriages and husband auctions. lol.

#10824 - 05/18/20 02:20 PM Re: If You Married A Femdom Would You Take Her Last Name? [Re: Cheyenne]
RudolfWhitmer Offline
Warning Potential Troll!
Regular

I think it's almost just implied with marriage in almost all cases that a woman is gonna take the last name. I think it only becomes an issue if the man brings it up. Personally, I think if a man had to make sure or double check if there would be a name change, it would open the door for cheating because he appears insecure. Men are supposed to be proud of their name.

I think the question is easy for anyone who is truly submissive to say yes, I would take the femdom's name, but for me, as someone who just enjoys seeing a woman with a strap on and her tits out, I wouldn't. I have to wonder if a truly dominant female would even marry a submissive male.

#10825 - 05/18/20 02:29 PM Eh? [Re: RudolfWhitmer]
future pet Offline
Artisan

Quote:
I think if a man had to make sure or double check if there would be a name change, it would open the door for cheating because he appears insecure.

Not following. Are you saying if a woman doesn't want to change her name that would prompt cheating? And that a man is less secure if he doesn't need to endorsement of a woman changing her name to his?

#10827 - 05/18/20 03:02 PM Re: Eh? [Re: RudolfWhitmer]
future pet Offline
Artisan

It's not 5%. It's more like 20% and an additional 10% hyphenated.

But you're saying the locus of the woman's honor to her commitments is the man's need for proprietary control. If he doesn't have that, he doesn't deserve loyalty and shouldn't be surprised if he doesn't get it.

That's rather dark. Fortunately, I doubt there's more behind it than opinion. Much like the 5%.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
252 registered (Cheyenne, Chi61, ChicagoSlicker, denali, Ms_Gia_Peccato, furfan, buffalo, international, langerr, porkster, Chuck123, Soapy, DominaAdmin, Mistress Tissa, TheDriver, Lady Bellatrix, Mistress Troy, Mistress UV, nysubjack, ztrade, The Thomas, Jupiter Lake, mikel, Boucheron, DarkMuse, MissMary, MayaMidnight, marstoy, Browniepoints95, Mistress Berlin NYC, WestAugust, Victoria_Cayne, Nirolog, Sid, Spark, Madam Jess, domtsub, Mick681, Bruce88, Awillingstudent, Chamberpot, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, sellinggr, T-bone, Bound ashtray Man, cbtlover, twerkfordommes, tosser, artiemus1, Ragman, midlet, fire, pinkcaboose, palmer, jeanmarc, chuck, gfred1, strangefruit, mtsub69, Eastbabyhuey, EvedLeNashim, socalkev, Slv4u, broom, slave47, Curiouser, Mistress Kiva Krimson, Julia Steele, Moth to a Flame, milagros317, MistressMaraM, Poester, TadShy, LAN, DivineRulerOroroSnow, Mistress Ayn, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Scs202323, ElenaDeLuca, Chogal, need to serve, DommeLynx, Domina M, mass, Lady Velvet Steel, Stephen M, Komodo, Smiley, Aztoilet, kefxb24, kinkybootbeast, Harryst1098, Oliver Cromwell, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, sfotk1, dambiber, bdsmlover, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, schrads, llf, fogo, ingridguerci94, Lady Paradise, pod, Njjerry, HellionCobRoller, DeanChase, SlaveGunner, MsRoseWoods, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, slvmaximus, frank, mbilbo, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Violetwand, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, MsKittyLaReaux, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, zrfwd, KookieKrumble, Subnick, bane, jlars555, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, Ma$oboy, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, Bill Coda, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, DominaM, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, Felix, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Luckyme_xyz, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, Dominions, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, AaronGrant, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Mistress Aurianna, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666, AspX), 27061 Guests and 88 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
March
S M T W T F S
1 2
3 4 5 6 7 8 9
10 11 12 13 14 15 16
17 18 19 20 21 22 23
24 25 26 27 28 29 30

DTLA Dominas