04/09/24 05:52 PM
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#10095 - 03/31/20 02:27 AM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Soapy]
Mistress Tissa Online   content

Sage

Loc: Philadelphia
Originally Posted By Soapy
The beginning of the downfall of MF was tolerating shit posting. The prodommes and other interesting conversationalists got disgusted and left.

I think the beginning of the downfall of MF was that Captain Fisch abandoned ship. And whatever crew had any control of its course didn't seem to care enough to take care of it. Now, it's just an outdated Domme directory with some kids throwing mud and sullying the cultural value of the forum.

But, yes, I was one of the ones who got disgusted and left. Because, as you say:

Quote:
People have many alternative places to go.

Why should they scroll past juvenile postings when they can go to Twitter to have conversations with their clients and friends - minus the garbage?

#10096 - 03/31/20 06:17 AM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

By the time you got there MF was already long in ruins from what it once was. There were people in control with the start of tolerating the BS which caused people to slowly leave.

#10099 - 03/31/20 07:09 AM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Mistress Tissa]
Cheyenne Online   content

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa
Originally Posted By Cheyenne
I agree with your post. Well put. I would only add that a little levity here and there is a positive thing...as long as the intentions are good. As with everything else, it all comes down to intentions.

Thank you.

Levity is of course welcome, but I would hope we could know the difference between good-natured humor and a shitpost.

What I've seen on MF, over the years, is that the screen name reveals itself in time. There does appear to be a rise of trolling both here and on MF. At least we haven't seen some of the incredibly nasty attacks that take place over there. I hope whatever is causing this rise eases up.

#10103 - 03/31/20 08:17 AM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Cheyenne]
Mistressnumber1 Offline

Occasional

Cheyenne, I haven't seen any trolling on this board. I'm sure if you report it to admin they would deal with it.

This is what's going on over at Max. I posted this sometime back and it's still relevant.

Quote:
[/quote] In years past, I was an active contributor to this board. I stopped participating due to the vicious-libelous attacks posted here.

Several Dommes careers have been damaged some irreparably by passive aggressive men pretending to be submissive.

I have read obviously fraudulent reviews and Lobby posts designed to damage and hurt allowed to flourish. The worst part of this injustice is that the Dommes with influence on this board allow it to happen and in some cases relish in it.

Always remember a Dommes good reputation is Her lifeblood!

This board was not created to bash and malign! It was also not created to discuss illegal activities, read the rules if you don't believe me.

There are also several members who, in the guise of "helping" BDSM in general, delight in discussing topics that demean Women and Pro Domination as a whole.

Instead of being joyous that Professional Dommes exist, several of the men on this forum seem to hate us!

Without moderation, this board has become a monster. It is a veritable playground for wankers, trolls, bullies, toadies, and stalkers!In years past, I was an active contributor to this board. I stopped participating due to the vicious /libelous attacks posted here.

Several Dommes careers have been damaged some irreparably by passive aggressive men pretending to be submissive.

I have read obviously fraudulent reviews and Lobby posts designed to damage and hurt allowed to flourish. The worst part of this injustice is that the Dommes with influence on this board allow it to happen and in some cases relish in it.

Always remember a Dommes good reputation is Her lifeblood!

This board was not created to bash and malign! It was also not created to discuss illegal activities, read the rules if you don't believe me.

There are also several members who, in the guise of "helping" BDSM in general, delight in discussing topics that demean Women and Pro Domination as a whole.

Instead of being joyous that Professional Dommes exist, several of the men on this forum seem to hate us!

Without moderation, this board has become a monster. It is a veritable playground for wankers, trolls, bullies, toadies, and stalkers! [quote]

From what I understand, no new registrations are being accepted. Members who request Lost passwords are not receiving them.

Someone has admin power, and is using it to mess with their enemies.

#10107 - 03/31/20 10:00 AM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Mistressnumber1]
Soapy Online   happy
Addict

Originally Posted By Mistressnumber1

This just isn't true.

Years ago the site was abandoned by those who own it.

Occasionally someone with admin rights pops in, but only occasionally.

Years ago I contacted the web host ( no longer the same company ) to ask them to step in to clean out spammer bots. They agreed as it could hurt their other accounts and computers. They gave a few people some admin rights which they used to do site maintenance. All of those rights were taken away when the owners/admins eventually came back.

Sadly to this day there are still people on this site spreading rumor that there are people still active on MF using secret admin powers for personal vendettas.

It just isn't so.

No disrespect.

#10130 - 03/31/20 04:58 PM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Mistressnumber1]

Pooh-Bah

It is worse than members not being granted new registrations. Moderators who have lost their passwords are not receiving emails to reset them. The administration is broken. It has become worse than the Jerry Springer show. Some of the ugly accusations are absolutely libelous. No one seems to care about that because it is a safe bet no one is going to the trouble to sue over it. There have been signs that private messages are being read and selective "Moderation" is quietly taking place. But, it is just an appearance. Who really knows what is happening over there.

#10131 - 03/31/20 05:12 PM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Soapy]

Pooh-Bah

Originally Posted By Soapy
Originally Posted By Mistressnumber1

This just isn't true.

Years ago the site was abandoned by those who own it.

Occasionally someone with admin rights pops in, but only occasionally.

Years ago I contacted the web host ( no longer the same company ) to ask them to step in to clean out spammer bots. They agreed as it could hurt their other accounts and computers. They gave a few people some admin rights which they used to do site maintenance. All of those rights were taken away when the owners/admins eventually came back.

Sadly to this day there are still people on this site spreading rumor that there are people still active on MF using secret admin powers for personal vendettas.

It just isn't so.

No disrespect.

You've been as helpful as you can be on MF. I've no doubt it is appreciated by many, not just myself. It did look dicey a few years ago when known and respected posters were getting banned over what seemed to be personal disagreements. All of the silly banning and unbanning was taking place when the rest of the site was falling apart. Now, some threads go unreadable while others, from years earlier, get bumped up. It is weird. Recently, as you know, there were unconscionable and personal attacks being made. It was like someone behind the scene was feeding selective information from private messages. The best lie has a small grain of truth. Where else would the posters, with strange vendettas, have gotten the pieced together slander they were throwing out? It was about as vindictive as anything I've ever seen. All the while, moderators who wanted to step in, had their hands tied. I believe that you have done what you can to help and with only good intentions. I just have to wonder if you are being told the truth.

#10143 - 04/01/20 02:32 AM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Cheyenne]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I think that Soapy is right. I think I know whom you suspect. I think that there were people who had admin capabilities in the past but lost them. There is here an obsession with MF which I find misplaced. As far as present contributions this site is ahead and this is unlikely to change. But MF is unique because of its legacy and place in history. It was the one and only forum at the time when forums mattered. Placing a story on MF was important. Being banned from it was a blow because there was nothing else. Nowadays forums are favored only by people of our age. By the time I joined MF its best days were already over. There is a certain parallel between MF and Club Dom. You know I am a big fan of it, but its best days were when you were directly involved with it. MF best days were even before that, but they both have a place in history and I would hate to see them disappear.

#10144 - 04/01/20 02:55 AM Re: Where are the mods? [Re: Mistress Ayn]
Komodo Online   content
Addict

I think Admin is doing a very good job. The best referees in a game are those you cannot even notice. If a referee is part of the game it distracts from it. Admin is discrete and shows very good judgment. Besides there is another reason why she should be the only one doing the job. The other moderators are public mistresses with business interests and images to protect. It does not make sense for them to create enemies. Turdburglar might be easy to deal with but in this day and age there are lots of forms of media for somebody to use so restricting the access here protects the forum but not the mistress. Not to mention that if the intruder is software savvy he could get around screen name or IP blocking.

#10145 - 04/01/20 04:44 AM Re: In Regard to Trolling [Re: Komodo]

Pooh-Bah

Soapy may well be right. I know how things have looked but anyone's suspicions is just speculation. I do know that Soapy always tries to help everyone with MF issues however he can.

In the early days there was a bit of mystery to the administration of MF. These days I feel that is gone. It has been replaced with disgust for the most part. There are a few of us that don't want to let go because we still have friends that post there. But, the garbage people can get by with saying about someone is out of hand. When there was a higher volume of quality posters, that didn't fly. Self policing took over.

In any case, I am of the generate of discussion forums. I'm happy that the buzz is here.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Shout Box

Who's Online
336 registered (Stern Miss Lea, CelesteTaylor, Domina M, Chamberpot, langerr, denali, Neena De Ville, Soapy, Cheyenne, Chuck123, WestAugust, Old_Timer_FL, isuffr4her, Awillingstudent, tosser, international, Moth to a Flame, Chi61, Queen Naomi, ChicagoSlicker, palmer, nysubjack, Komodo, Mistress Tissa, The Thomas, furfan, cbtlover, Mistress Berlin NYC, Lady Bellatrix, DominaAdmin, broom, Bentographer, HellionCobRoller, buffalo, Harish Kumar 12, Bruce88, Poester, Scs202323, Mistress UV, HouseofServitude, Boucheron, Michelle Lacy, Stephen M, igstone, Mistrix Violeta, chuck, TheDriver, Lady Velvet Steel, Luckyme_xyz, Mistress Troy, ztrade, need to serve, midlet, Slv4u, painslut, callybionic, artiemus1, Mistress Ayn, otkbrat, domtsub, servedeaj, Mistress An Li, weisen, NYC slut, DommeLynx, pinkcaboose, T-bone, Mistress Mickey, Dominions, Eastbabyhuey, Ma$oboy, NYC Mistress Devi, kefxb24, middleboy992, MayaMidnight, Curiouser, EvedLeNashim, porkster, Bruxelles, MsRoseWoods, Bill Coda, Dunkinsimth, Ms_Gia_Peccato, Mistress Ruby Riots, Eva Lordes, spiderone23, marstoy, ilyaserdyukov, billw, ingridguerci94, Bound ashtray Man, SeekingAdventure, Oliver Cromwell, AaronGrant, sfotk1, mike04071, Madam Jess, Protons1, AspX, HenryB, OverHerKnee, betadog, MistressMaraM, Domthissub, zrfwd, 2Balls1Cock, gfred1, mbilbo, shlem, badboy, zeta, Gil, Violetwand, schrads, EllaStrictland, Lady Paradise, ElenaDeLuca, Browniepoints95, Robert1218, sheba322000, Swinburne, LAN, Domina_Felicity_Hart, Jeffmill999, SlaveGunner, Felix, bane, cbot, GulfCoastal, strangefruit, Jogo, Mistress Aurianna, Alexandra Snow, Gaped_Crab, KinkyBoston, Natasha Strange, slvmaximus, bondagelover, llf, jadreg13, Lpbri, mass, Kallcarrty, jeanmarc, mikel, MsKittyLaReaux, GrimmX, SubbyAnt, KYboy, zetaomicron, Ganon110, felicia, sellinggr, Normaldude, jlars555, Mistress Kiva Krimson, coockiemonsterworshp, Framed, Jean A, Smiley, Nirolog, mtsub69, Stretch, Miss Grey, DominaM, kinkybootbeast, Ragman, achance, selfold52, Mistress Snow, Domina Lady Grace, Chogal, Mistress Emanuelle, Jupiter Lake, GoddessAvecti, all2easy, frank, Jaco, Liquid6, bdsmlover, xen2002, 1491John, maxadmin, socalkev, iluvfetish, slave47, loup1, DarkMuse, MissMary, Victoria_Cayne, Sid, Spark, Mick681, J Michelle, MF_Drummer, tabula, twerkfordommes, fire, Julia Steele, milagros317, TadShy, DivineRulerOroroSnow, ScoobyBelfast, PASubMale, Dr. Pleasure, tophumiliatrix, Aztoilet, Harryst1098, Trample24, owned, Slave321, SCmainer, dambiber, dsorbet, teliot, coderanger, Subaddict, Thedylangong, fogo, pod, Njjerry, DeanChase, Fahrenheit451, whacked1, Paul Thompson, ejohnslpss, Charlesw98, Lerker, TedBCruisin, subchuck, loserflower, sailor, MistressNight, gimp, Miss Nyxon, Serafina Imperia, Zag, jakzopan, VinylQueen, Fetishpatient, tylerr, Sublime2199, shitfaceloser, Lazarus91, KookieKrumble, Subnick, TIERRA DOLL, Nina, chucksub1, slave boy jaime, Dudex, GoddessCapri, Ms Regan Black, Scott, shanghaimistress, Domme, worm, JensTFace, TheHand, Bert65, Promoesport, Betty Cocker, AtlantaDungeon, ratamac, whatstime, ironboy, Phill, truesubtipp, madman1_rug, Pam I, Let’s go downtown, Sissybuttslave, mark5Bnyc, ohixe, Dominatrix Rin, Blt2Rob, jh3623964, Easygoesit, Jimmysam, Lynda, DeadEyeDick, Promethius, pnc71009, Tdi, Spear Head, MistressIsadora, BBsub, Xpirmentwme69, Frankfrank, sdskelly, bbwlover4ever, uno, harderplease, grex73, DanLee118787, Arnth, blackhammer32, CaptainFantasy, PNWSub, junglebeast, acquiesced, fetishfan4, sub_ted, Krisjones, Gs8483, ollikeem, chase, tgy, RobSub, hofn, joe, DiaperSissyBaby, Siger, ear, undercurrent, Marlin2000, quietman, CheekClapper, Toiletmouth4u, Sam240, buckeyerob1212, Swordfish, greta garters, buckeyerob, actionjackson647, Darkknight265, bubi, Ramukc, Bokslav, spike4848, Erock9090, Sorceressmorgana, SamBorn, guillermopelotas, Bladezeus, angel666), 34563 Guests and 105 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Atlanta Dungeon