CO-OPs

Posted by: Chuck123

CO-OPs - 06/28/21 10:24 AM

Are communal sales organizations AKA CO-OPs a model of Capitalism or Communism?

C123
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: CO-OPs - 06/28/21 04:42 PM

It is interesting that you bring this up. Just yesterday I mentioned a co op on my family facebook page. I've always thought of a co op as a land owner letting people help them farm in exchange for some of the produce. Right now someone is mowing in exchange for the hay. They get free hay and I get the land looked after. But, I could be using that term incorrectly. Whatever the arrangement, I don't see how it could be communism if it is a mutual agreement and beneficial to both parties. What do you think of a "Communal sales organization?" There is a tractor type supply store called a co op close to me. I'm curious now.
Posted by: MissMary

Re: CO-OPs - 06/29/21 06:26 AM

You may be thinking of share cropping.

Re: CO-OPs - 06/29/21 08:05 AM

I was not thinking of share cropping. I will have to ponder that one as while.

Are buyer's clubs like Sam's and Costco a model of Capitalism or Communism?

The questions are genuine but they are not really the point.

To be clear I am asking about essentially the open market and variations there of.

How about a farmer's market? Commie?

TM
Posted by: MissMary

Re: CO-OPs - 06/29/21 07:05 PM

I sell honey that I collect from my wild caught hives at a farmer's market in the warm months. Other vendors have home made goodies or garden raised vegetables. Nothing about it is communistic. I dunno know about the inner workings of Sam's Club or Costco.

Re: CO-OPs - 06/30/21 08:33 AM

If CO-OPS selling honey and home made goods is Capitalism,

Why is would a National CO-OP selling health insurance be considered Communistic?

I am not a fan of "My mind is made up, do not confuse me with the facts!"

C123
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: CO-OPs - 06/30/21 10:50 AM

Chuck, we really need to stay off politics here. That is where this conversation is leading.