Interesting Topics That Have Nothing To Do With Covid-19 Or The Election

Posted by: Soapy

Interesting Topics That Have Nothing To Do With Covid-19 Or The Election - 03/18/20 08:58 PM

It could be refreshing!

Ideas?
Posted by: Mme Veronica

Re: Interesting Topics That Have Nothing To Do With Covid-19 Or The Election - 03/18/20 09:09 PM

Nope! Novelty still hasn't worn off...

Re: Interesting Topics That Have Nothing To Do With Covid-19 Or The Election - 03/18/20 09:38 PM

Ha ha ha!

You do have a sharp wit! smile

I actually decided to take a break the other day by watching that movie "Outbreak" from the 90s with Dustin Hoffman and Rene Russo.

It was quite good and held up well.

Getting immersed in a story about a much faster and more threatening pandemic helped me relax somehow.

I think I may dig up Charleton Heston's "Omega Man" this weekend.

Re: Interesting Topics That Have Nothing To Do With Covid-19 Or The Election - 03/18/20 10:08 PM

Yeah I'm thinking about watching 28 Days Later or the original Dawn of the Dead even though I watched them over Halloween.

There is a great article in The Atlantic about how a slow-burn disease is actually worse than something that presents right away (as in 28 Days...).

V

Re: Interesting Topics That Have Nothing To Do With Covid-19 Or The Election - 03/19/20 06:19 AM

I don't know, I prefer boredom to people acting like shit during a panic.

I think 28 days is a good choice. Riveting enough to get you out of your head. When you come back to reality things being dull will not seem as bad as fast zombies chasing your ass down.

Re: Interesting Topics That Have Nothing To Do With Covid-19 Or The Election - 03/19/20 01:58 PM

I ended up watching Tootsie, which is also a good distraction smile And really feminist!

Re: Interesting Topics That Have Nothing To Do With Covid-19 Or The Election - 03/19/20 02:24 PM

Maybe I will give that a shot too.

I haven't seen it since the 80s, so I likely forgot most of it. It will be like a new movie.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Best and First Childhood Memories - 03/19/20 03:08 PM

My first one is being in a play pen in front of the tv. Everyone was watching some guy walking on walking on the moon. At four years old, I was bored out of mind over it having been on all day.

My best one is being just a bit older when a neighbor came over to give me an ear of corn out of her garden. I wasn't even in kindergarten yet but had been sneaking into her garden so she just started including me. What a day...it was sunny, the smell of freshly cut grass was coming through the windows and, suddenly, a grilled ear of homegrown corn! This lady is in her golden years now but still hanging in there. I really need to get to Ohio to see her and let her know how much all of the small things she did for me meant.

How about yours?
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Best and First Childhood Memories - 03/19/20 09:45 PM

No surprise here ha ha. My earliest memory is crawling around on the floor around and between my mothers beige nylon high heel shoe wearing legs and feet. I’m not sure how old I was. I’m thinking 2 or 3 but don’t really know. I think my earliest non fetish bdsm memory is the day we moved from an apartment into a house. I was unhappy I had to go with my uncle instead of with my parents. I think I was 3 or 4.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Best and First Childhood Memories - 03/20/20 02:56 AM

Nylons stockings. Oh, the good old days.