Locked Thread

Posted by: AspX

Locked Thread - 02/14/20 05:31 PM

DoninaAdmin just locked a thread in the lobby because it had seriously veered off-topic from the thread topic and was starting to be a little passionate/confrontational on a topic that was only tenously related to the thread topic.

It honestly shocked me to see that b/c I didn't recall locking a thread ever happening before (and after looking through every thread ever in the lobby, it seems I was correct) and I thought it was a valid discussion for this board (even if it should have been its own thread). Having said that, I definitely like the fact that we have that type of active moderation over here (as opposed to how things degenerate over at MF) and the cordial way we generally interact so a big shout-out to DominaAdmin.

PLUS... I get to feel all edgy & badass cause I started that thread to begin with.

Posted by: buffalo

Re: Locked Thread - 02/14/20 09:09 PM

I saw the locked thread and immediately knew why. I also thought good move by admin. This would never have happened on Max and i had been thinking that thread was going to get testy at best and nasty at worst. I’m not sure what the rules of the boards are here but it’s probably best not to discuss certain things and no point in creating a lot of animosity which is one of the things that hurt MF which I still read and post to.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Locked Thread - 02/15/20 03:56 AM

That is great. Do you remember the site "Fetish Gossip?" It ended up getting shut down because the owner threatened someone's child. It was horrible. It was a bunch of people spewing hate at each other. That is what MF is becoming without moderation. Really sad.
Posted by: subspace

Re: Locked Thread - 02/25/20 08:16 AM

I contributed to the hijack so I'll weigh in. I think closing the thread was a mistake. This site already doesn't have enough people posting to different topics and if something gains some traction the mods should allow some leeway. Depending on the software and it settings it may be possible to split threads.

The topic to which it had been hijacked is a legitimate one, even if one side is entirely wrong. ;-) And the some of the posts were heated, but not abusive and didn't show any real evidence of moving in that direction.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Locked Thread - 02/26/20 07:18 AM

I wasn't following the thread. So, I can't comment if it was over reactionary. I will say it was done with good intention. I'd like to this site get more traction too. I will be posting here more in off topic. In fact, I was thinking of bringing up legalized marijuana and, a suggestion that Sanders brought up last night. This is not to get into politics, but more of his suggestion on how the the licenses should be set up. Later today, I will put thought into that and put up a post here in off topic.