The Walking Dead

Posted by: Soapy

The Walking Dead - 07/28/19 05:28 AM

From

https://screenrant.com/walking-dead-third-series-spinoff-working-title-plot-details/

* The eponymous comic book from which it came has ended
* A second spinoff has been created
* The new spinoff will center around two women protagonists who grew up in the post apocalyptic world.
Posted by: Oliver Cromwell

Re: The Walking Dead - 07/29/19 07:53 PM

I gave up on the shows this year when the zombies became sentient. Beyond that, I have two issues: the flesh is dead and rotting, right? So none of these zombies would have flesh on the bones after 12 months for sure. And gasoline goes bad in a matter of months. No way any vehicles would still run many years later. It was fine for the first few seasons, but it became fantastical. Then the zombies talked? Please,
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: The Walking Dead - 07/30/19 07:08 AM

They lost me with the cheap tricks, like Glen's dumpster scene. Right up until they left Alexandria, though, I loved the show. It was the first tv I watched since The Sopranos went off the air.

Last summer I watched the first season of Stranger Things and, pretty much liked it. A few days ago, I had a lot of flight time and, watched the first part of season 2. I will finish it eventually...but, it felt like the writing shifted to cater to the same audience who would see The Goonies.
Posted by: Northstar

Re: The Walking Dead - 07/30/19 03:19 PM

I agree about Stranger Things, but who doesn't love The Goonies!

Re: The Walking Dead - 08/01/19 04:49 AM

Originally Posted By Northstar
I agree about Stranger Things, but who doesn't love The Goonies!

:-)
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: The Walking Dead - 08/03/19 06:27 AM

Originally Posted By Oliver Cromwell
I gave up on the shows this year when the zombies became sentient. Beyond that, I have two issues: the flesh is dead and rotting, right? So none of these zombies would have flesh on the bones after 12 months for sure. And gasoline goes bad in a matter of months. No way any vehicles would still run many years later. It was fine for the first few seasons, but it became fantastical. Then the zombies talked? Please,

I'm not much of a Zombie girl. I barely made it through one season. The effects were cheesy and the plot was weak! I was always surprised by the strong following. I've got friends that would die and become the living dead, if the show was canceled

Re: The Walking Dead - 08/03/19 07:21 AM

Did you see the very first episode?
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: The Walking Dead - 08/03/19 08:29 PM

I was hit and miss with it. I don't remember it if I did! The only Zombie I ever liked is old school White Zombie!

Re: The Walking Dead - 08/04/19 08:25 AM

Old School White Zombie? As in Night of the Living Dead? I must admit, I like zombie flicks of a traditional nature as well.

The Walking Dead and, before it, 28 Days Later, were more about a societal breakdown than zombies. Some times when I am out walking my dogs or, biking, I look around at the neighbors I wave to every day and, wonder. How would it be if it all came down? ;-)