COVID-19 and immunity

Posted by: Mme Veronica

COVID-19 and immunity - 03/18/20 09:22 PM

For those interested in immune enhancement during the outbreak, I am offering phone and video consultations. I am an integrative health practitioner specializing in nutrition and alternative modalities. You can email me at mistressveronicanyc@gmail.com to discuss costs and availability. Sliding scale for Dommes.

Be Well,

Veronica
Posted by: Soapy

Re: COVID-19 and immunity - 03/18/20 09:34 PM

+1

Re: COVID-19 and immunity - 03/18/20 09:42 PM

cool cool
Posted by: Chuck123

Re: COVID-19 and immunity - 03/19/20 07:09 AM

General Question

Does having the virus regardless of severity give the patient immunity?
Is their one virus or several mutant virus.

C123
Posted by: Soapy

Can you spread Covid-19 after you get over it ? - 03/19/20 09:31 AM

Can you spread Covid-19 after you get over it ?

Re: Can you spread Covid-19 after you get over it ? - 03/19/20 01:52 PM

You have to get it again in order to spread it again. Which is quite easy to do, as it is airborne.

Re: COVID-19 and immunity - 03/19/20 01:57 PM

Unfortunately, the jury is still out on whether one would be immune after already having it. There is some promising research being done using the serum of people who have recovered to make a makeshift "vaccine" (although not a technical one).

The only thing we can say with any certainty is that you are more likely to get a severe case the more often you are exposed to the virus. So, if you are exposed to it 80 times, you are more likely to have a severe version. The quantity of viral particles is key, which makes it interesting. It is a "common cold" virus, so immunity is probably only for a few years at best.

It is one virus- the cold virus- that has mutated.

V
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: COVID-19 and immunity - 03/20/20 08:56 AM

Just curious, are you a medical doctor?

Re: COVID-19 and immunity - 03/22/20 07:51 PM

Yes, I am a doctor.
Posted by: Poester

Re: COVID-19 and immunity - 03/24/20 01:27 PM

There have been at least two definite strains identified.
SARS-CoV-2 L and S

On the origin and continuing evolution of SARS-CoV-2

Re: COVID-19 and immunity - 03/27/20 06:35 PM

Yes, I changed my response when I saw there was new information. Here is a chart that shows how the strains have been tracked in detail.

Study w chart

V
Posted by: future pet

Plasma donation post-infection? - 04/03/20 06:48 AM

I'd read that one's plasma could be beneficial to infected patients once one had gotten over covid19 (which most will do).

Any truth to that?

If true, wouldn't we want to be testing people (when possible) who had milder symptoms if they were willing to donate?

If that all sounds nuts, it's because we're all trying to become expert quickly in stuff we never had to think about much. Thanks in advance either way.
Posted by: Grune

Re: Plasma donation post-infection? - 04/03/20 11:17 AM

Yes they are testing natural antibodies made by the human immune system in the fight against the virus. I don't follow the relevance of the severity of the symptoms. They are looking for what your body did to fight the virus in order to jumpstart the immunity in sick persons. Ideally we'd test everyone, but testing is still in short supply. As rapid tests become more readily available hopefully we can start testing the asymptomatic to get a real grip on this.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Plasma donation post-infection? - 04/08/20 09:04 PM

I could be wrong about this but am pretty sure I had it in December,. When tests become readily available, I will get tested and do what I can to help. Just in my small corner of the world, about six of my friends had respiratory infections around the same time. It kicked us all in the butt. Only one of us ended up in the hospital. She was diagnosed with allergic bronchitis. Just my guess, as a none medical professional...but this virus has been with us longer than anyone has realized. It has gone misdiagnosed. There are probably people who have died from the virus, without it being recorded. There are probably people who have had it and recovered with about as much discomfort that strep throat would dish out.
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Plasma donation post-infection? - 04/09/20 01:13 PM

I totally agree with this. And I too wonder if I’ve had it for a couple reasons but have no way of finding out right now. I have read that successful development of a test for the antibodies is going to be one of the main factor in getting life back to normal. I give blood regularly and would be happy if my blood could help in fight against the virus.