Political Forum Vote

Posted by: DominaAdmin

Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 12:20 AM

Please reply with your vote on the Political Forum. A simple Yes or No is all that is required.
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 01:03 AM

Yes
Posted by: milagros317

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 04:05 AM

Yes.
Posted by: furfan

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 04:26 AM

No
Posted by: Chi61

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 06:08 AM

No
Posted by: langerr

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 06:36 AM

No
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 07:36 AM

No.
Posted by: Domina M

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 08:07 AM

No
Posted by: owned

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 08:39 AM

No
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 08:49 AM

No
Posted by: marstoy

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 09:37 AM

No
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 12:47 PM

No
Posted by: Ms_Gia_Peccato

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 01:40 PM

No.

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 02:57 PM

No
Posted by: Stephen M

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 03:31 PM

NO
Posted by: Slv4u

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 03:44 PM

Yes
Posted by: MF_Drummer

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 05:16 PM

HELL NO…..
Posted by: The Thomas

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 07:24 PM

No.
Posted by: Awillingstudent

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/05/24 08:54 PM

No
Posted by: EvedLeNashim

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/06/24 12:09 AM

No!!! As in, hell no!!!
Posted by: strangefruit

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/06/24 05:00 AM

No!
Posted by: Sid

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/06/24 07:09 AM

NO

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/09/24 01:11 AM

The No's have it by a nose.

We are considering a (Current Events Forum)
Which would encourage discussion of various "current interest" topics.

With proper Moderation it could touch on relevant current political issues without being nasty or negative.

What Say You?
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/09/24 03:34 AM

I say yes but tbh I don’t think the content will differ from what it would be if you called it a political forum. Moderation is key if you want to keep it from becoming a shit show but what should be moderated is name calling and abuse and not opinions no matter how nutty they might be.

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/09/24 04:18 AM

Same thing with a different name. Still no.

BTW - it was overwhelmingly no. No noses were in view.

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/09/24 04:56 AM

Sorry but nearly everything in your country seems to be viewed through the lens of politics. I think most current event topics would become red vs blue, it's Trump's fault/it's Biden's fault within very few posts.

Look at things in the news like Russia vs Ukraine, Trade with China, Storms, heat waves or electric cars (climate change), Any sort of crime or mass shooting becomes either a gun control or immigration debate (Red vs Blue again)

You get the idea. They used to say "politics is the art of compromise". These days in the US it seems to be a contest to totally destroy the other guy. frown
Posted by: Stephen M

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/09/24 05:44 AM

4 Yes and 18 No votes. That's a significant "nose".

Perhaps posting links here to political forums on Reddit and similar platforms will meet the needs of those seeking that type of dialogue.

Please leave politics out of it. Ha ha. - 03/09/24 07:07 AM

Please leave politics out of discussing the Politics Current Events forum. LOL

Since you have used the term "your country" now a few times, may I ask what nation you live in?

Happy Saturday.
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/09/24 07:12 AM

I don't care one way or another. "No's by a nose" is obviously a joke-Play on Words!

I appreciate the work that DominaAdmin is doing to make this board a success. It seems like some members don't!

This board exists as a service to the community. We the members need to post more and complain less!

I'm going to suggest that DominaAdmin start a new Forum called; "I'm a passive-aggressive ass wipe who hates myself & everyone Elese."

Same Thing, Different Name. - 03/09/24 07:19 AM

A Current Events forum would be the same thing as a Politics forum.

All of the same problems.

18 people voted "No" on and only 4 people voted "Yes".

You created a winner with the Dommes Only forum. That will give more prodommes a reason to come here. You've got a winner. Just give it time to work.

My vote for a Current Events forum is No.

Thanks for trying to improve this place.

Posted by: Chuck123

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/09/24 07:33 AM

The Nos that know!

If you stop politics from being negative the chances of being negative would be greatly reduced.

The response to the SOTU. Who left the door to the day care centre unlocked?

C123
Posted by: TheDriver

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/09/24 08:04 AM

Since I gave my reasons in the other thread....I should follow up with a Yes vote......probably too little too late.
Driver

Re: Please leave politics out of it. Ha ha. - 03/09/24 08:44 AM

Canada. I'm a conservative here so that would make me either a RINO or a moderate/mainstream democrat by today's standards in the US as far as I can tell! grin laugh

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/18/24 03:43 AM

The vote is over. Domina.ms Members overwhelmingly voted No. There will be no Politics Forum.

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/18/24 06:31 AM

+100!

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/18/24 10:11 PM

Domina.ms is seriously considering adding a Current Events Forum. It will be closely monitored. Politics will not be the main focus! This forum will be a place to discuss current events that are of interest to members. There will be no offensive behavior allowed, and no trolls.

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/19/24 09:04 AM

Please consider making a new thread for people to vote on a "Current Events" ( politics ) forum.
Posted by: palmer

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/19/24 09:41 AM

Agreed.

This insistence on creating a forum here for politics, whether that's a "Politics" forum or politics under a different name ("Current Affairs") is weird. As I expressed before, politics was part of what killed participation about BDSM at Max Fisch. I'm someone who posted a bunch over there and with its demise am considering whether even I want to post elsewhere. Having this place overrun with political feuds from largely anonymous people and the actual BDSM posts be a few among many would keep me away, and I think there are other people out there like me.

But, of course, the admins will do what they want.

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/19/24 10:09 AM

I am in complete agreement.

I think there is a real chance ( just not a fast one ) of a rebirth of a femdom community on Domina.ms. I think it can happen without a Current Events (Politics) forum and sticking to femdom as the only allowed topic.

The private prodommes-only forum was a wonderful idea from DominaAdmin, that I think is being underestimated for bringing more prodommes to this site ( over time ). There is a lot of utility in such a forum for the prodommes that I don't think exists elsewhere.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/19/24 10:48 AM

My vote would still be NO. Current events = politics. Different name. Same problem.

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/19/24 11:43 AM

Repeat of my prior post.

Same thing with a different name. Still no.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/19/24 03:58 PM

I agree. A few posters are okay with it but, mostly, indifferent. The ones who don't want it, really don't want it. It is doubtful that I would participate. It would feel like a smoker lighting up in a non smoking area.
Posted by: Ms_Gia_Peccato

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/19/24 06:46 PM

Something that might work is to have an area where news are shared in regards to things that affect Femdom in general such as the changing landscape of law etc,. but not other affairs that do not directly concern the community.

Current event can spill into politics like a cigarette can spark a fire at a gas station.

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/20/24 06:00 AM

There will be no Politics or Current Events Forum. DominaAdmin thanks all who participated in the discussion.

WE encourage everyone to POST. This Board cannot survive without ACTIVE participation from it's Members!

It appears that The Hang is gone forever. Domina.ms is saddened by this turn of events. MF and Domina.ms were Sister sites. From their creation in the 90s. Both sites worked together to benefit Professional Domination, and the community as a whole.

Domina.ms is in the process of a much needed rebuild. This will not effect The Buzz, but will allow Mistresses a great way to advertise.

Thank you for your Membership. Our best days are yet to come!

Re: Political Forum Vote - 03/20/24 07:04 AM

+1000