The Political Forum

Posted by: DominaAdmin

The Political Forum - 03/03/24 07:08 AM

We have had many requests to resurrect the deceased "Political Discussion Forum" now that the Hang is gone. We understand this is an election year and politics are on Members minds.

We are all for it, if everyone participating behaves!

Remember Domina.Ms is a Domme Board! While you might not agree with the Mistresses on the Board, you will treat them with respect.

Let's hear your opinion.
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 08:15 AM

I'm in all the way.
Posted by: Soapy

No Thank You. - 03/03/24 09:24 AM

The News & Politics forum was a disease on MaxFisch.com.

The Politics forum here on The Buzz was such a problem that even Cheyenne asked for it to be removed.

If you want more traffic buy the maxfisch.com domain when it expires in July. Set it up to redirect here.

Posted by: owned

Re: No Thank You. - 03/03/24 10:01 AM

I'm new here, but why politics? Traffic? Sounds more like a catalyst for subs and Dominas to insult each other and drive off the last few Mistresses who regularly appear on this site. I don't know about anyone else but I joined this site to learn more about the scene and ESCAPE stuff like politics.

No one ever changed anyone's mind about their political positions via social media or forums like this. If you want to learn more about the issues, the candidates, the corruption, etc. read/watch/visit stations and sites covering politics and form your own opinions. And if you want to try and sway public opinion, join a political party or lobbying group.

I will now get off my soap box and return to serving my Mistress, where I belong.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 10:03 AM

I'm all in. You will get the MF participants....probably. But, any trolls who come over with stated intentions of causing harm and harassment need to be taken out. Even MF took those trolls out.

Re: No Thank You. - 03/03/24 10:14 AM

The reason MF set it up was because it was overtaking the lobby. Sadly, politics comes into play with way too many conversations these days. There have been times that I've not commented on in the lobby or health section because it would open the door to political conversation. Allowing it but keeping the conversation in it's own section makes sense. But, it has to be moderated. Anyone trolling, harassing or having the stated intention of causing trouble, needs to be warned, suspended and, then, as a last resort removed from the forum.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 10:55 AM

Personally I think it's a bad idea. It only seemed to cause problems in the past. I never participated in the political forum, but the animosity would sometimes spill over into the lobby.

The only time I think it's appropriate to discuss politics here is when it directly affects the adult industry - like FOSTA/SESTA, the closing of backpage, things like that - and I am ok with that being discussed in the Lobby.

Thoughts?

Re: No Thank You. - 03/03/24 01:51 PM

I agree with most of that so I don't understand why you are replying with your opinion to me.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 01:52 PM

What will be different this time?

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 02:27 PM

If it were up to me, trolls from MF with the stated intention to bring harm to the site would not be permitted to run amok. They would be warned privately, suspended if it persisted and eventually banned if it came to it. Allowing this type of behavior the last go around chased off so many posters that I don't know if a political section would would be worth a round two. But, it was off to a great start with civil and interesting exchanges of all opinions until the MF troll twins started up. I was not free to moderate so it went to hell with even me giving up and feeling as if it wasn't fair to rest of the forum to have such a train wreck here.

It could be attempted again, with proper moderation. If someone doesn't want to join in, they can simply ignore it. I do think it is good for a spill over. Recently there was a conversation on trans doms that, just as one example, turned political in the lobby. Some topics are bound to. Than admin will come to a decision that he feels is right for this forum. DomSpeak.com still needs some tweaking, but it is functioning and has a political section. The only rule there is be reasonably civil. So far, everyone has been great. It doesn't take much not to be a jerk to other posters. There will be some sparring. On MF, Ted and I were always picking on each other. But, were quite friendly privately. He's actually popped up on DomSpeak. Any forum will get some sparring and lively debate. Malicious trolling is what will wreck a forum.

My two cents anyway.
Posted by: international

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 04:13 PM

Why would one expect civilized behavior in a political forum when the politicians who are most popular are those who are the least civilized?

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 04:34 PM

Lively debate and friendly fire is one thing. Name calling, stalking other posters, threats, ect. are not okay. I've seen that happen across the board and not just in political areas. Most ladies here can attest to the ugly side of MF in the lobby on prodom topics.

I don't have a horse in the race here. My opinion is that there should a spill over political section for when topics turn political in the lobby or health section. I also don't see it as a huge deal either way. Whatever the admin does on this subject, I will support. All I'd ask for is moderation that doesn't tolerate malicious trolls.
Posted by: langerr

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 05:45 PM

Only with strong moderation - cancel posting to threads that run amok, warning then deleting users who are abusive.

Both will happen.
Posted by: Ms_Gia_Peccato

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 08:08 PM

Honestly speaking, a politics board can create a really toxic environment that is unnecessary (IMO but everyone's mileage differs.)

I didn't post in the politics section on MF–just reading through it was like watching a severely degrading shit slinging fest. I personally would vote not to create one here, especially as people become more and more polarized to the point of being uncivil in their ability to tolerate a different opinion. It was also quite bitter to see the same men that swear to respect women, degrade women.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/03/24 11:34 PM

My initial response to this proposal was indifference but on further reflection am tilting negative. My concern is that the moderation on the Politics Forum is likely to become heavier and heavier. This is likely to spillover into the Lobby. I have nothing against moderation per se but there are several sites where it has gone down a slippery slope and become stifling overmoderation. I don't want that to happen here.
Posted by: Poester

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 03:00 AM

oh oh
Posted by: furfan

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 05:30 AM

As a non American I really wouldn't care and could obviously just avoid such a forum. However, I would worry a bit that rancor there might carry over to the rest of the site.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 08:40 AM

I don't read every post here, but it occurred to me that I haven't seen any trolls here since the Politics forum was removed.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 08:46 AM

I was under the impression that you moderated the Politics forum was here, saw that it was a disaster, and asked for it to be removed.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 08:54 AM

The moderators had limited rights. I had no ability to suspend or ban posters. Even when horrible things were being said, if I removed a post, it was a big deal and frowned on. I'm all for light moderation. It isn't okay to censor someone because you don't like their opinions or temperament. But, when posters show up, laugh about switching screen names to "Play a joke," insult everyone and gloat about the havoc they are causing something needs to be done. I wasn't able to do that. In all of the years that I was a moderator on MF, I never had to ban, suspend or even warn anyone. Yet, if memory serves, you said, on MF, that you had asked the admin here not to let me moderate and said I would be heavy on censorship. If this was the case, perhaps he was overly cautious in restricting me from responsible moderation. Please correct me if I am wrong on this. But, Soapy, I remember you saying this openly on MF. There was no basis for it. On any given topic, Femdom related, health, politics, ect., I'm all for open conversation....just not trolling with malicious intention.

In the end, I did want it taken down because the MF trolls were out of control and my hands were tied. It was actually going well until they showed up. It would have been better to have just suspended the trolls in the hope that they would reign in their malicious behaviors or leave the site. Removing the forum was not my first choice.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 10:30 AM

I agree, soaps. One of the reasons I pulled away for about a year (aside from moving) was I got really tired of that one guy that was constantly stirring the pot. He would be banned and just mask his IP and sign up again. And I loathed reading his thinly veiled misogynist posts in the lobby - and most of is posts were either political or derogatory to women. Maybe he went away because there was no political forum?

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 10:40 AM

If I'm thinking of the same poster, he was a resident troll on MF too. He'd troll anywhere. It wasn't a political motivation for him. He eventually got banned on both MF and here. Even the new screen names, that were obviously him, were shut down to the point that he finally gave up. Kind of sad that is how someone gets their jollies.
Posted by: international

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 11:03 AM

Hello Cheyenne

My comment "Why would one expect civilized behavior in a political forum when the politicians who most popular are those who are the least civilized?" was half jokingly.

I never understood why there was a political section in first place, why not one on cooking, cars, music... ? But I get the spill-over explanation, though I am not sure whether "toxicity" isn't just in the nature of the topic.

Also: I absolutely love your contributions to this site. It is for this reason that I wouldn't want your energy to be drained on a political forum.
It almost requires a masochist to moderate such a swamp - and last time I watched one of your videos, you didn't come over as such smile
(Unfortunately I have missed out to session with you, so only videos)

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 11:09 AM

That was him - nomasks - but he had a ton of other handles.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 12:00 PM

Come for the political trolling, stay for the misogynistic attacks.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 12:08 PM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
The moderators had limited rights. I had no ability to suspend or ban posters. Even when horrible things were being said, if I removed a post, it was a big deal and frowned on.

Is DominaAdmin thinking of give the mods of the proposed second Political forum here more power?

Quote:

If memory serves, you said, on MF, that you had asked the admin here not to let me moderate and said I would be heavy on censorship.

I did write that. No insult to you, that is still my opinion. If DominaAdmin decides to create another Politics forum here I will not use it, though not for that reason alone.
Posted by: EvedLeNashim

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 03:32 PM

My personal opinion is it's terrible idea. We are inundated with news everywhere we turn. Some of us prefer to come here to escape that.

Just my two shekels worth.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/04/24 04:29 PM

I don't know what the admin's thoughts are on the subject. It is his forum to admin and, as a guest here, I will support whatever he does. I do find it unreasonable to put someone in a position of responsibility with no authority. But, I'm along for the ride here and support the forum, however it is.

What is the basis for you claiming that I would wrongfully censor people? In all of the years that I was a moderator on MF, never once did I censor or ban anyone. I was an admin on All Star Doms, never once did I censor or ban anyone. For you to try to prevent me from being a moderator here, was irrational. Certainly, you have the right to do whatever you want. But, I find it so bizarre. It would be nice to hear what you based your claims on.

As far as bringing back the political forum here goes, I'm indifferent on the subject. I do believe it would be good to have a spill over section. But, only if malicious trolls are no more or less permitted than they are in the lobby and other areas. The funny trolls and even the ones that are provocative, looking for a reaction, don't bother me. They are a benefit to the eco systme of discussion forums. But, someone with stated malicious intention? No.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 12:15 AM

We have read all the opinions. It's time for a vote. The votes will be counted in three days.
Posted by: buffalo

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 01:23 AM

I simply voted yes in the poll but I’ve been meaning to reply here. I rarely went on the political forum on max to read it and posted even less if at all. I just don’t have the energy or desire to read these debates or take part. I probably won’t take part here. But I think if people want to discuss politics in a separate political forum it’s fine. Go for it. No one is forcing anyone to read it or take part. I don’t see what the big deal is and it’s also a place to move stuff that’s borderline political and gets out of hand in the lobby. The last thing I’ll add is it needs to be moderated to keep things somewhat civil and people who become abusive blocked and I’d hope it will live or die on its own merits depending on whether it turns to shit.
Posted by: kinkybootbeast

Re: No Thank You. - 03/05/24 05:28 AM

Originally Posted By Soapy
The News & Politics forum was a disease on MaxFisch.com.

The Politics forum here on The Buzz was such a problem that even Cheyenne asked for it to be removed.

If you want more traffic buy the maxfisch.com domain when it expires in July. Set it up to redirect here.

I agree and second that. One of the great things about a board like this is the ability to speak with fellow kinksters on different sides of the political spectrum about the primary topic we are supposed to be discussing; kink. Not allowing politics to poison the discussion has the effect of uniting us as kinky folk and fellow countrymen instead of dividing us. Once we start having political arguments and everyone settles into their respective foxholes and starts supporting their political positions, the divisions take center stage and the unity goes right out the window. I agree that the politics and discussion section on Max was a complete disaster. Did it help keep politics out of the lobby? Perhaps. Nevertheless, I stayed away. Far away.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 06:46 AM

I'm torn about this. On one hand it might draw more badly needed traffic and while here people may contribute to more threads about Dommes and BDSM connected topics.

OTOH I feel American politics is so badly polarized and feelings are running so high I'd worry it might bring out the worst in some people to the detriment or this forum.

In the end I voted "no" but without huge conviction one way or the other. I guess I think it wouldn't do a lot of good for this place and might well do harm

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 07:10 AM

Well put, Buffalo. I'm somewhat indifferent on the subject. But, I voted yes, mainly because it would be helpful to have a spill over section where topics could be moved when they take a controversy turn.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 10:18 AM

I don't know what the admin's thoughts are on the subject. It is his forum to admin and, as a guest here, I will support whatever he does. I do find it unreasonable to put someone in a position of responsibility with no authority.

Agreed.

I can come up with good reasons why full authority hasn't been given to the mods in the past. However, as you wrote, it does hamper the mods in moderating, not just with the old Domina.Ms Politics forum, but I have seen trolls run wild on other subboards here too due to the mods only having partial moderating power.

Quote:

What is the basis for you claiming that I would wrongfully censor people?

You are asking me a straightforward question. I'm going to give you a straightforward honest answer. Years of seeing your behavior in the "News And Politics" forum on MF and seeing your behavior on the old Domina.Ms Politics forum.

No insult or meanness meant. I'm only answering your question.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 10:35 AM

Soapy, by "behavior" do you mean Cheyenne's expressed opinions or her actual moderation/censorship on a forum? Some people have the ability to hold an opinion and not silence an opposing one. I have seen Cheyenne do that many, many times. I can't imagine that her moderation would be unfair.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 10:39 AM

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
Soapy, by "behavior" do you mean Cheyenne's expressed opinions or her actual moderation/censorship on a forum?

Both.

I don't want to generate a "pile on Cheyenne" subthread.

I'm just answering questions people are asking me.

Perhaps a PM conversation with everyone interested would be the way to go, if people are interested. Quite frankly, and without insult to anyone I am not interested. :-)
Posted by: Poester

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 11:35 AM

lol, the personal is political
This is a huge can of worms
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 12:41 PM

Like Soapy, I also have concerns about who would be in control of this board. If it's Cheyenne, she has a history of insulting people who posted to Max Fisch's political board. No shade. Just the facts, ma'am.
Posted by: langerr

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 01:53 PM

Adding a politics board to this site would be like building a new home with nice landscaping, then deciding after it's built and you've moved in, to adding an outhouse to the backyard.

Yeah, it's a seperate building, but the stench will still get in the house.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 02:41 PM

Soapy, you opinions and perspectives are yours to have. No one can tell you that your feelings are wrong. But, you made some pretty bold claims, including to third parties. You tried to restrict me from doing something that was meaningful to me. I'd really appreciate if you could, at least, be specific on what you based such bold claims on.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 03:07 PM

Tissa, you chased beloved JungleBeast off this forum and threatened to have him banned. You had Ratamac/KevinHaines banned. You've asked me to withhold my opinions and insulted me over my age. And YOU are going to declare that I, as a moderator here, have insulted or censored people?

As far as your bringing up mine and Ted's bantering on MF, we've been posting together and talking privately for over a decade. We like each other. Off forum, we discuss personal issues and enjoy knowing each other. He's said much worse to me than I have to him on the MF forum. It is odd that you took the time to dig through my posts on MF or consider my relationship with Ted any of your business. Ted and I are good with each other. Our conversations have nothing to do with this forum.

As far as me having a heavy hand on censoring, point to examples. In the entire time I was a moderator for MF, not once did I ban or censor anyone. In the entire time I was an admin for All Stars, not once, did I ban or censor anyone. Never once, did I ask a fellow moderator to withhold their opinion and then later scold them for not doing so, as you did. Talk about gaslighting, Tissa, take a look at yourself.

Right now, you and Soapy have made accusations. Back them up with specifics.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 07:44 PM

Tissa, you chased beloved JungleBeast off this forum and threatened to have him banned. You had Ratamac/KevinHaines banned. You've asked me to withhold my opinions and insulted me over my age. And YOU are going to declare that I, as a moderator here, have insulted or censored people?

Cheyenne, you and I both know you are incapable of having an honest discussion about this. You continue to distort the facts and use fallacies to distract people away from the actual topic of conversation. You have done this multiple times. It's the only way you can "win" the argument.

You're painting me in whatever color benefits your goal. According to you, I'm "chasing" people off the board, banning people, and asking you to do unreasonable things. No context has been given for any of this. You need to frame things in this way, which gullible people believe, in order to come out on top.

The truth is that junglebeast did not want to follow a rule that everyone else did a terrific job respecting. He could have EASILY done that but instead left of his own accord. That had absolutely nothing to do with me or how I or anyone else felt about him, but I know it fits your agenda to blame me for his actions than ask junglebeast why he repeatedly chose to ignore the rule.

Kevin/ratamac/etc has been harassing and defaming me for YEARS. Ask Mistress Michelle Lacy. It was one of the factors as to why I left Max. When he came here, creating new screen names because he thinks no one will know it him -- even after being given warnings -- he continued to harass me. Of course I asked for him to be banned. I know he's your lapdog but if he can't stop biting my ankles he can't play with the adults.

In the thread about why Dommes ask for ID so they can try not to get raped, I made a very mean joke about you being "100" when you refused to respect my 2 polite requests to stop nay-saying other Dommes and making them look bad, I noticed how quickly you fell to the ground and cried "She shot me! I'm dying!" but you didn't say a single word about what Kevin said to me which was actually insulting to me and not a joke. I couldn't live with myself if I was that hypocritical.

You? You are very effective at using appeals to emotion to convince everyone you're reasonable and cares about people getting along. I don't believe you do. I think you're more interested in male approval -- even if it means shitting on a woman to get it.

Quote:
In the entire time I was a moderator for MF, not once did I ban or censor anyone. In the entire time I was an admin for All Stars, not once, did I ban or censor anyone.

We're not talking about censorship and banning. Try to stay on topic, Cheyenne.

Quote:
Talk about gaslighting, Tissa, take a look at yourself.

If you're going to use a term at least understand what it means.

Gaslighting is a form of manipulation where you tell someone something in order to confuse and disorient them about reality. Nothing I am doing is remotely "gaslighting" but your repetitive distortions about what I did and why I did it IS. It's a covert way to try to distract everyone away from the truth and silence me, isn't it? Most people may fall for it but I don't. I'm far too smart for it, Cheyenne.

Quote:
Right now, you and Soapy have made accusations. Back them up with specifics.

My opinion -- or "accusations" as you say -- about why I don't think you'd be a good mod (the real topic here) was because of the way you insult people and how hypocritical it is for you to lambaste others for "insulting" you. Also, I believe you have issues with women and it doesn't belong in this forum. I posted this in great detail, including my citing several sources, in the Off-Topic forum. But within 5 or 10 minutes of my posting this you deleted it, remember? No reply. Just removed the evidence.

I can post it again, if you'd like.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 10:01 PM

"Cheyenne, you and I both know you are incapable of having an honest discussion about this."

Just leave it there with your hatefulness and lies. Anyone who read the thread before it was removed could see it for what the exchange actually was. I thought you'd be horribly embarrassed and, perhaps, were just having a bad day. But, here you go again. I'm not going to go tit for tat with your nonsensical rant. Your rage started because I sympathized with the male posters who didn't want to hand over their identification to prodoms they didn't know. I also said that everyone, prodoms and clients, should do business in a way they feel comfortable and safe with. It was a simple and somewhat neutral opinion. You've asked me, privately, not to share this view. When I eventually joined a conservation about it, you lost it. Then, I dared to disagree with you again over JungleBeast's stories of his NYC adventures in the 70's. Again, you lost it. I'm not going to attack you back. Have at it all day long attacking me, making up nonsense and going after anyone who rubs you the wrong way. That is the long and short of it, Tissa. It was right here and clear for everyone to see. I'm not going to get in a petty back and forth with you. Enjoy arguing with yourself.

For posters who miss JungleBeast or Ratamac/aka Kevin Hayes, they are both active on DomSpeak.com

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 10:15 PM

You are made vague accusations publicly. Let's just clear it up, publicly, and move on.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/05/24 11:34 PM

Just leave it there with your hatefulness and lies.

Quote:
I'm not going to go tit for tat with your nonsensical rant. Your rage

She wants everyone to think I'm unreasonable and crazy instead of addressing the points I made.

Quote:
I sympathized with the male posters who didn't want to hand over their identification to prodoms they didn't know.

"male approval" = men > women not wanting to be raped or murdered

Quote:
When I eventually joined a conservation about it, you lost it.... Have at it all day long attacking me, making up nonsense and going after anyone who rubs you the wrong way....I'm not going get in a nonsensical and petty back and forth with you.

When you can't actually have an intelligent discussion you have to resort to ad hominems and the like.

And this is why I vote NO for the political forum and NO for Cheyenne moderating it.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/06/24 01:12 AM

I've never advocated for anyone to change their protocols in accepting clients. Everyone, prodoms and clients alike, should do business in a way that they are comfortable with. If you do not agree with my opinion on the subject, so what? No one is asking you to change protocols that are, obviously, important to you.

As far as not going tit for tat on the nonsense you are throwing me...it is just getting so absurd. Kevin Hayes/Ratamac is not my "Lapdog." It is hard not to laugh at such a strange accusation. I'm not going to get into the weeds defending myself over such nonsense.

As for your accusations that I moderate from a place of bias, that is SO off base. Before political discussion on MF became so toxic, people learned from each other. There have been times that I've changed my mind on a subject due to self research before making a point or researching a point someone brought to my attention. Just when someone thinks they know everything, they stop learning. I keep an open mind. I've never, not once, shut anyone down for having a different opinion. Not you or Soapy can point to a time that I have...because it has NEVER happened.

As for a political forum here, I'm indifferent on the subject. If the admin wants to do it, I will participate in any way I can be helpful. If not, no big deal. I came to this forum because the admin asked for my support. Some years ago, I wouldn't have had time. Now I do and am here, solely, to help out. You are looking for arguments were there are none to be had.

There is squabbling and the Politics forum doesn't even exist yet! - 03/06/24 07:16 AM

So far there has only been a discussion about resurrecting the old Domina.Ms Politics forum and people are already squabbling.

Re: There is squabbling and the Politics forum doesn't even exist yet! - 03/06/24 07:25 AM

We actually agree on something, Soapy. My thoughts exactly. It does, however, seem to bring up a need for a spill over section of some sort. If you remember, the personal forum on MF came about when a former slave of an iconic Mistress was having a melt down. The original MF opened up a personal section and moved such posts to it. No one wants to see personal drama in the lobby. No one wants to be dragged into it. It's kind of like most of us have a catch all drawer in our kitchen for things we don't know what to do with...there should be a place for the drama to go to keep the main areas free of it. It may even replace locking threads when they get heated.
Posted by: buffalo

Re: The Political Forum - 03/06/24 12:18 PM

So from what I can see in the voting the NOs are going to win and I assume there won’t be a political forum which is fine with me because I wouldn’t take part or even read it anyway. What I don’t understand is why the posters who would like to discuss politics on a separate forum can’t have it? No one is forced to go on a site or forum they don’t want to read. As long as the political talk is kept out of the Lobby I don’t see any problem with giving the people who want to discuss politics their own separate area to do it. But whatever.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/06/24 12:25 PM

There was a Politics forum on Domina.ms once before.

It attracted trolls to come here.

Once here the trolls branched out to trolling in the Lobby, and trolling prodommes.

I don't read every post here, but after the Politics forum was removed I haven't noticed trolls around.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/06/24 12:42 PM

That isn't how it happened. There were exactly two trolls in the political forum. They were open about who they were, right down to their MF screen names. They did not branch out into the lobby. Their mission was to destroy the political forum, which they did. The trolls in the lobby were unrelated. But, all of that aside, if it is going to cause so much outrage...then, it shouldn't go back up, IMO. I'm surprised anyone asked the admin to bring it back.

There is a political section on DomSpeak.com, if anyone wants to talk politics, they are welcome. It isn't the focus of the discussion forum. It is tucked away in a nice little corner for anyone who wants it.
Posted by: owned

(NA) Re: The Political Forum - 03/06/24 05:19 PM

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa
Just leave it there with your hatefulness and lies.

Quote:
I'm not going to go tit for tat with your nonsensical rant. Your rage

She wants everyone to think I'm unreasonable and crazy instead of addressing the points I made.

Quote:
I sympathized with the male posters who didn't want to hand over their identification to prodoms they didn't know.

"male approval" = men > women not wanting to be raped or murdered

Quote:
When I eventually joined a conservation about it, you lost it.... Have at it all day long attacking me, making up nonsense and going after anyone who rubs you the wrong way....I'm not going get in a nonsensical and petty back and forth with you.

When you can't actually have an intelligent discussion you have to resort to ad hominems and the like.

And this is why I vote NO for the political forum and NO for Cheyenne moderating it.

Nah, no politics. No religion either. Many of us know our politics, will not be changed, and want to escape the 24 hr. news (some propaganda) cycle of crap and live our lives.

Just discussions about good old fashioned BDSM and kink from fellow customers, who fund the industry/business, and independents and businesses who provide their services and want to discuss the scene in detail is fine by me.
Posted by: llf

Re: The Political Forum - 03/08/24 10:47 AM

Political Forum? not in the present time in America.

Instead of a meaningful debate, we have professional wrestling full of silly ad hominems. Nice that things are so great in America, that we can engage in such emotional nonsense.

Biden State of the Union Speech was so full of cherry picked statistics, and hot air, I thought he would float away. I guess all politicians are that delusional. Good thing we have the balance of power to keep those nut jobs from getting to carried away.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/08/24 12:52 PM

I can't disagree. It is sad...like a science fiction novel. But, I won't go further than that as politics aren't discussed here. You should join DomSpeak.com. It is a work in progress. Politics is far from the focus but there is an area there for folks to talk in.
Posted by: The Thomas

Re: The Political Forum - 03/08/24 09:10 PM

I wish you luck with Domspeak.com I have faith you will be a responsible moderator and not get carried away like I have seen happen on other websites.
Posted by: TheDriver

Re: The Political Forum - 03/09/24 08:00 AM

I have no interest in discussing politics here, so I seldom read about politics on MF.

That being said, I think the political forum will do no harm to those of us disinterested.

When politics are discussed, much can be learned about a person.....not necessarily their political views, but the way they bring their opinion to the table. Are they fair and open minded or are they right and you wrong.

Back in the day I was a pretty good ballplayer, used to travel to a lot of tournaments...won a couple, lost more than I care to recall. Played against guys who lost their minds on the court, yet afterwards I would hear, "he's such a good guy off the court"....never bought it!

Like playing ball, I feel political jousting allows the real colors to show.

Any opportunity to see thru to the real person, especially if I were a dominatrix, would be helpful in my book.

I have no problem with a political forum, because I choose not to partake. For those of you against it....don't read it.

Finally, I do agree with the poster who asks for other forums as well...travel, dining and could I add sports.......I mean how about that Caitlin Clark and what she is doing to expose the greatness of women's sports.

The Driver
Posted by: coderanger

Re: The Political Forum - 03/13/24 05:24 PM

her "behavior"?

she spoke with respect when making posts, as if she was in the room with the people. The same cannot be said of the people, who brow-beat and gaslighted her purely for not caving in to voting for Hillary R Clinton. She was harassed beyond belief for voting for HIM, and defending it.

one of you, posted this beauty, below: "it basically said, anyone who votes for Trump is "stupid", and therefore must be Nazis.

Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Odd >>> Trump believes in the freedom to wear or not wear a mask, get the shot or not, carry a gun or not....odd to call someone a Nazi for NOT caving in to peer or government attempts to remove rights from the people.

formerly "scmme"

Re: The Political Forum - 03/13/24 11:32 PM

Careful, folx. We don't want this to turn into a political forum.

Welcome to Domina.ms - 03/14/24 07:49 AM

I see this is your first post.

Welcome to Domina.ms!

Re: The Political Forum - 03/14/24 10:12 AM

Hi Code Ranger, (Formally Scmme.) It is nice to see another familiar face here. DominaMS is a fun place to talk about scene related topics. Currently, they aren't accepting political discussions. For that, you might want to check out the site I just put up, DomSpeak.com. It is FemDom scene focused but has a political section. So far, F451, Ratamac and SubTed have shown up. There are posters that aren't from MF there too. I'm noticing more lifestyle folks than with most ProDom sites. DS will be a work in progress for a while but, it is worth checking out.

Again, nice to see you here. And, of course, thanks for the kind words.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/14/24 11:38 AM

I sort of noticed earlier on that just talking about the Political forum was recreating that atmosphere. :-)

Re: The Political Forum - 03/14/24 12:04 PM

I sort of noticed earlier on that just talking about the Political forum was recreating that atmosphere. :-)

No one seems to be on fire to have one here. The emotion is coming from posters who don't want one. I don't see the big deal here either way. If it goes up and you don't like it, don't participate. If it doesn't go up and you want one, there is another option.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/16/24 02:49 AM

Exactly. I know we all have our opinions and some people are passionate about them. That's fine, of course, but having a political forum is likely to bring an energy that will seep into other areas. Someone (you?) mentioned that there seemed to be more trolls lurking around when there was a political area. And I think you/that person was right.

Another person, I think it was TheDriver, had an astute insight that it could be used to vet people. This assumes that people wouldn't obfuscate themselves when expressing ugly ideas. Or that people who otherwise appear nice are actually hateful shitbags.

The only politics I'm interested in talking about here is the ones that directly relate to us professionals and our clients, and kink in general. That's fine for the Lobby, I think.
Posted by: palmer

Re: The Political Forum - 03/17/24 03:51 PM

A strong vote here against a Politics forum. Politics is what partially destroyed Max Fisch, in my opinion. Who wants to read the viewpoint of largely anonymous people, people whose background, class, work history, etc., are unknown on political events, especially when politics are all over the internet? Political discussion just brings in the toxic, troll-y behavior that would make this a place that at least someone like me doesn't want to visit.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/17/24 04:41 PM

A vote is being take here:

http://domina.ms/~domroot/thebuzz/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=20003#Post20003

Re: The Political Forum - 03/18/24 10:11 PM

Domina.ms is seriously considering adding a Current Events Forum. It will be closely monitored. Politics will not be the main focus! This forum will be a place to discuss current events that are of interest to members. There will be no offensive behavior allowed, and no trolls.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/18/24 11:15 PM

Originally Posted By DominaAdmin
Domina.ms is seriously considering adding a Current Events Forum. It will be closely monitored. Politics will not be the main focus! This forum will be a place to discuss current events that are of interest to members. There will be no offensive behavior allowed, and no trolls.

I'm confused because I thought we just discussed our concerns with this and voted on it.

How would this forum be different?

Re: The Political Forum - 03/19/24 03:54 AM

Although the no votes far outweighed the yes votes. I have been contacted by several members who would like the opportunity to discuss current events.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/19/24 04:43 AM

I'm on several forums dedicated to various hobby's like cars, boating, skiing etc. While most if not all have removed their political forums they all have an "Off Topic Forum". Post topics range all over and include things like wine, food, travel, home renos, good deals found online, exercise, fashion, movies/TV, music etc.

Same thing, Different Name - 03/19/24 09:01 AM

A Current Events forum would end up being a Political forum.

The "News & Politics" forum on maxfisch.com was originally named "Personal Issues". It was for discussing femdom subjects not related to professional femdom (The Lobby).

Quote:

There will be no offensive behavior allowed, and no trolls.

That was the case with the first Political forum Domina.Ms had. It didn't stop the nonsense.

I really do not see anyone moderating a political forum fairly.

Re: The Political Forum - 03/19/24 09:02 AM

Although the no votes far outweighed the yes votes. I have been contacted by several members who would like the opportunity to discuss current events.

So their votes count more than all of the people here who posted "No" votes for a Political/Current Events forum?

Re: The Political Forum - 03/20/24 06:00 AM

There will be no Politics or Current Events Forum. DominaAdmin thanks all who participated in the discussion.

WE encourage everyone to POST. This Board cannot survive without ACTIVE participation from it's Members!

It appears that The Hang is gone forever. Domina.ms is saddened by this turn of events. MF and Domina.ms were Sister sites. From their creation in the 90s. Both sites worked together to benefit Professional Domination, and the community as a whole.

Domina.ms is in the process of a much needed rebuild. This will not effect The Buzz, but will allow Mistresses a great way to advertise.

Thank you for your Membership. Our best days are yet to come!