Max Where Are You?

Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 09:46 AM

Is this the moment we've all been waiting for? Is the scourge of the BDSM community finally gone forever?

I'm singing Ding Dong! The Witch is dead. Which old Witch? The Wicked Witch!
Ding Dong! The Wicked Witch is dead.

Wake up you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed.
Wake up, the Wicked Witch is dead. She's gone where the goblins go,
Below, below, below. Yo-ho, let's open up and sing and ring the bells out.
Ding Dong' the merry-oh, sing it high, sing it low.
Let them know
The Wicked Witch is dead!

Let's celebrate together grin grin grin
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 10:40 AM

It always seems to come back, just when everyone thinks it won't. This time, however, could be different. Eros, which bought MF, some years back, has stopped all BDSM advertisements. So, this may be the magic moment you've been waiting for. I've gone years without logging into the site because of the toxicity. So, I understand why people hate it. I've just come to like some of the posters. I'd be sad to see it go forever for that reason.
Posted by: furfan

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 02:01 PM

I obviously had a very different experience on The Hang over the years. never got attacked or bullied and never felt like I did anything like that to anyone else. I did enjoy a lot of the discussions and people there and I will miss it if it is gone for good.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 02:14 PM

A few weeks ago I think a Cybill Troy imposter tried to scam me. I think that but I am not sure. I went to The Hang and wrote her a DM about it. This is something I cannot do here.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 02:24 PM

There are definite positives to MF. It is a trade off with any discussion forum. And, yes, if someone like Cybill Troy is doing something dicey...then it is an imposter. It happens often with big names.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 03:25 PM

You could write me a PM here, which is something you couldn't do there.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 03:47 PM

I'm sure from a submissive man's perspective it was a great board. Where else could you Slice & Dice - Bash & Crash a Domme with impunity?

What made matters worse, is you also had the nasty, mean, ol' Domme squad ready and willing to help them do it!

I was just a neonate when "Wolf" from MF attempted to destroy me... I ask you where was the love? Where was the since of community, and deep meaningful Sisterhood?

The place was a filthy stinking shithole. If I knew where it was buried, I'd piss on the grave!

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 05:36 PM

You couldn't write a PM on MF? I never noticed that being disabled but the site went through so many dysfunctional stages. In any case, in celebration of sending PM's, I just sent you one. :-)

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 05:40 PM

Wolf was a wanker from NYC that thought he had some type of power over people. An ankle biter would be a better term. It's lousy that you had to deal with him and all of the the other BS. If I had been aware it was going on, I would have helped you. Sorry I wasn't around at the time. No wonder you have hard feelings with the site. I would too.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 06:50 PM

Quite true, but I don't need to because we don't have secrets, so I answer you publicly. So yes this is one of the good things about having an account here. I was attacked too, on both sites, probably more there than here. Generally I prefer to focus on the positive side. Speaking of which my mistress had over 4000 posts there and I could find a lot about her early career before I knew her. She does not post any longer. So whether you like it or not MF was part of history. Its main advantage was being in the right place at the right time when forums were a popular form of communication.
Posted by: The Thomas

Wolf - 01/30/24 07:54 PM

is a registered user here (check the user list) that was a moderately frequent poster in the early years. He made several references to Max Fisch so I'm guessing it was the dame dude.
Posted by: Mistress UV

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/30/24 11:08 PM

I got a call once from a Domme that said he doxxed her in real life after getting in an argument on Max... Got her fired from her vanilla job among other things. I hope this space is a new beginning and he stays in the past on a dead board where he belongs.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/31/24 12:37 AM

I've been on MF since the very beginning. The founder of the site would never have done such a thing. He would have banned any poster who did. I've seen posters there, male and female, be horrible to people at times. There have been times I've taken very long breaks from the site and stepped down as a moderator over it. But, I can't believe what this Domme told you. I'm sorry someone doxxed her. That is horrible. But, she must have been confused or speculating on who it was.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 01/31/24 11:24 AM

Yes but at a certain point there were little to no moderators. The founder of the site was no where to be found. Wolf certainly tore plenty of posters apart, at least on the board, with no consequences or a moderator stepping in. Never was banned, trolled without bounds-- At least that I ever saw. I was also under fire from him, which was why she called to warn me. I can't say for sure that she was correct but the issues she had corresponded with the posts. From what I understand she'd had some LE intervention from all the stuff he was doing but she was in the UK and he was in NY using different IP addresses and there was little to nothing they could do about it.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/01/24 06:57 AM

I remember the days of no moderation and the toxicity well. As I mentioned to Ms. Rosewood, I left MF, for years over it. It was the owner doxxing someone that I can't imagine ever happening. He was often absent but a nice guy. Most posters there were cool. But, the ones that weren't...horribly vindictive. A large prodom event, by the name of Black Rose, had to be moved one year because a poster started calling LE and local officials. He was mad that some of the women would be doing professional sessions when he thought everything should be free. Crazy stuff. Still, I am fond of the site. Moderation is loose these days but it is still there. Just sporadic. Again, that is lousy that someone was spiteful and petty enough to out your friend. Like you, I've been attacked there too. Posters, like the self important "Wolf", have the benefit of being anonymous. The ladies in this business don't.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/01/24 02:17 PM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
I remember the days of no moderation and the toxicity well. As I mentioned to Ms. Rosewood, I left MF, for years over it. It was the owner doxxing someone that I can't imagine ever happening. He was often absent but a nice guy. Most posters there were cool. But, the ones that weren't...horribly vindictive. A large prodom event, by the name of Black Rose, had to be moved one year because a poster started calling LE and local officials. He was mad that some of the women would be doing professional sessions when he thought everything should be free. Crazy stuff. Still, I am fond of the site. Moderation is loose these days but it is still there. Just sporadic. Again, that is lousy that someone was spiteful and petty enough to out your friend. Like you, I've been attacked there too. Posters, like the self important "Wolf", have the benefit of being anonymous. The ladies in this business don't.

Yes I definitely was referring to wolf and not the owner when discussing that phone call. To lose your source of income and sense of safety, and not being able to fight it just over a disagreement on the internet is unbelievable.

One of the hardest things for people to understand is that we have our names, faces, and contact info out there and that we don't get to hide behind the keyboard. The amount of danger we put ourselves in for this business is a lot more than they realize. Complaining about rates, deposits, how we look, how we do business, and they assume a 10th of the risk we do. Just another reason I wasn't a fan of Max!

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/02/24 03:36 PM

It is the prodoms who are on the front lines. No doubt. But, I do believe that clients and prodoms, alike, should be comfortable in the way they conduct personal business. Everyone isn't a good fit. For every client that doesn't want his ID on file, there will be a prodom that doesn't require it. And, visa versa. We all have to be comfortable.

As for the anonymous male posters bashing prodoms, it happens everywhere. In recent years, there was a group of male posters that simultaneously targeted me on MF and here. It was relentless. One of them actually sent a letter to my home address, as if to let me know he had it. They got banned on MF but not here. In fairness to forum administrators, it is impossible to read every post. But, that was one of the few creepy experiences I've had on a prodom forum. No discussion forum is perfect. MF just had a higher volume at some point. In any case, it doesn't look as if it is coming back. This is probably the longest it has been down. Although I would be sad to lose contact with some of the posters there, I don't blame anyone for dancing on it's grave. I've felt the same way at times, watching both female and male posters getting attacked. Life is too short for that kind of negative energy.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/03/24 01:53 AM

I remember Wolf but he did not leave a big impression. I remember nomasks here better than I remembered him. I would have liked to do a little more research before answering, it does not look like this is possible so I will go with what I have.

If my memory of Wolf is correct I think he was the kind who would rather go for a half hour session in a domination house rather than being an international traveler or a jet setter. Again maybe I am confusing him.

So I doubt that he travelled to UK and got to know the English mistress personally. When somebody is obnoxious it is easy to imagine him or her being more powerful than he really is, and I think this might have happened to your English friend.

Imagine how difficult it is to find the real life identity of somebody you meet on a forum, and then find out where she works and figure out to whom to send information about her.

You would need a technical accomplice in the forum to get the IP, and an unscrupulous friend in the police to tie it to the person. If you compound this to doing that for a foreign country the difficulty increases exponentially.

I knew an American mistress who had the same kind of unhappy experience as your friend. She also suspected a BDSM acquaintance she had disagreements with. Btw he was worse than Wolf. Eventually she found out that it was her boyfriend who did it.

If you come to think of it somebody from your vanilla life just has much easier access to the information needed for doxxing. In any case somebody you meet in real life not on the internet.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/05/24 05:52 PM

I never said he traveled to the UK, he just had to email and make phone calls. All of his harassment was remote.
It's not that difficult to find someone's real information when you advertise as a Domme, but I don't want to go into detail on how he found her info, I'd rather not give anyone ideas. If someone can find Cheyenne's home address then it's beyond possible. Let's not start to pull apart a woman's story who was victimized because YOU don't think it's plausible.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/06/24 12:34 PM

100% agree.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/08/24 06:35 PM

Mistress Ayn, I am happy to hear from you. Maybe I will continue this thread later but this time I just bring a heads up. When I read this thread now Malwarebytes warns of an attack. Since the last message comes from you there is a chance it might come from your signature.

Now that you are in Romania where I am from too, you are in a land of very good software developers. If any of your websites is local it might come from there.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/08/24 06:49 PM

Troy Orleans recently posted on Twitter that she had heard the plug was going to be pulled on MF but had been hoping it wasn't true. Domina M also posted that she thought that this was probably it. frown

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/08/24 08:03 PM

Too bad it wasn't announced at least a few weeks prior. There could have been a plan B in place for those who wanted to stay in touch. By the time DomSpeak is live, people would have gotten used to going without it. It is surprising that more MF posters haven't shown up here.
Posted by: owned

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/08/24 08:37 PM

Not surprising. MF people have dwindled off of the scene over the years. when domina.ms adopted MF's format you'd think the diehards there would come over, but they didn't.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/09/24 02:09 AM

Last time it was down, a handful of MF posters showed up. While this is just speculation, my guess is that topics are more prohibited here. Either that or they are waiting for it to come back. People can be creatures of habit. I miss some of the posters, even those I sparred with at times.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/09/24 04:45 AM

I frequented both here and MF in recent years. Several times I double posted a topic as a sort of traffic test. Even though both forms were quiet the MF post always seemed to get significantly more views and a livelier discussion.

I agree though, combining the traffic from the two forums would only help to boost interest and activity and make this place more alive.

On a related note, does anyone remember a site called All Star Dommes? It had a board like this and for a brief time was quite active with significant Domme participation.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/10/24 12:08 AM

The "so called" diehards from MF won't come here because this board is moderated! The gerontocracy that ruled MF can't get a foot hold here!

The truth is, it may have a great site at one time (when Max owned and moderated it) but it became a Mistress bashing, out of control, hot mess!

I am very glad it's down & gone! Some members are sad because all 20 million posts and reviews went with it... I'm not.

I invite all of MF's past members to join domina.ms with one caveat, leave all the "BS" with that dead site.

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/10/24 01:46 AM

Maybe this is too close for many people to see in perspective but I will quote two mistresses who already did. My mistress said "I had a love/hate relationship with that place but a sentimental attachment. RIP."

Domina M: "RIP MaxFisch (?) The 2000's would not have been the same. I am nostalgic for the days when I thought that place was toxic."

I think they both realized this is a part of our life and youth which went away and will not come back.

In reply to other posts I too used to double post when I thought the subject deserved it. Domina did invite MF members to join at the time it mattered because they could read it.

I think I was the only one having doubts about the concept of moderation. Probably most MF members did not care one way or the other, they were comfortable where they were.
Posted by: Ms Regan Black

Re: Max Where Are You? - 02/11/24 05:49 PM

Hahaha!

I did pop in there occasionally to see if the old timers were there, as I had met some cool people on MF back in the day, but for the most part, it had gotten to be just dudes wanting 17 year old naked chicks who charged $20 for a 6 hour FS session and women avoiding the place like the plague.

Was hoping the site would make it until 2/22/24, as that would have been 22 years since I joined. Yikes, that's a long time, considering what it became.

-MRB