The Hang

Posted by: furfan

The Hang - 01/23/24 05:35 AM

I see that Max Fisch has been down again for the past couple of days. Every time this happens I wonder if it is finally gone for good.

I know some here would be glad to see it go but I would still miss some of the collection of threads from years gone by.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: The Hang - 01/23/24 11:50 AM

The expiration date on the maxfisch.com domain name is
2025-07-25T23:00:00Z

Someone at the host is probably out sick or on vacation so the site isn't getting restarted/whatever.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: The Hang - 01/23/24 01:37 PM

Was down since the week end. Since I was away for over a year I don't have a feel about how routine or unusual this is.
Posted by: Mistress Kiva Krimson

Re: The Hang - 01/24/24 02:51 AM

I noticed it too. Is it normal for the entire sight to go down? I thought last time it was just the Hang.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: The Hang - 01/24/24 04:27 AM

Yes, it is normal. Happens at least 1-2 times a year.

The host the site uses isn't that great and whoever owns the site isn't around a lot to see that it is down and shoot off an email about it to the host.

Re: The Hang - 01/24/24 09:03 AM

Oh yeah, it happens from time to time. It's just that every time it does you can't help wondering...."is this it"
Posted by: buffalo

Re: The Hang - 01/24/24 07:02 PM

Yes I’m the same. I always think this is the end after a few days but it always comes back.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: The Hang - 01/25/24 12:23 AM

They say there is always a first time. But there is sometimes a last time too.
Posted by: kinkybootbeast

Re: The Hang - 01/26/24 09:57 AM

Originally Posted By furfan
I see that Max Fisch has been down again for the past couple of days. Every time this happens I wonder if it is finally gone for good.

I know some here would be glad to see it go but I would still miss some of the collection of threads from years gone by.

Me too. Every time it goes down I think; "could this be the last time?" It sounds like, when the domain name finally expires in July of 2025, that will be it. Lots of memories will be gone for good when The Hang finally goes down for the last time.

Re: The Hang - 01/27/24 07:57 AM

No sign of MF pulling a Lazarus and rising from the dead. I think this is day 8 or 9. I'm not sure if I remember it ever being down for this long?

Still checking but beginning to think this might be it. I wonder if this site will see a bump in traffic if that's the case? There are already a number of user names I have seen on both for some time but I wonder if more would come?
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: The Hang - 01/27/24 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By furfan
No sign of MF pulling a Lazarus and rising from the dead. I think this is day 8 or 9. I'm not sure if I remember it ever being down for this long?

Still checking but beginning to think this might be it. I wonder if this site will see a bump in traffic if that's the case? There are already a number of user names I have seen on both for some time but I wonder if more would come?

I seem to remember posts either here or on MF itself a few years ago that the owners of the site also owned eros.com. I only mention that because with that site eliminating BDSM and Fetish listings maybe eros finally pulled the plug on MF. Just a guess.

If kinkybootbeast is correct "when the domain name finally expires in July of 2025, that will be it," maybe it will return before its final demise.