Dommes all look alike

Posted by: LAN

Dommes all look alike - 01/21/24 05:29 AM

I was browsing 100s of Domme’s profiles on Tryst and couldn’t help noticing how similar all the Dommes look. Almost all the current Dommes are 20 somethings, very thin, full of tattoos and all wearing similar cheezy erotic clothing.
To me they all look the same. Is this what men really want in a Domme?
I stopped sessioning for that reason. I’m not into thin, tattooed 20 something. It’s turnoff.

There was much more variety in the past, age wise and size wise. I see almost no full-figured, big-busted Dommes on Tryst. Almost all are thin and flat-chested. Maybe this is what men want? What happens when the Dommes hit 30ish, gain weight? Do they retire? Or is this just men want, an endless revolving door of thin, tattooed 20 somethings? All I know is that there was more variety in the past.
Posted by: furfan

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/21/24 05:57 AM

I think perhaps you ate looking at a limited sample as it is drawn from just one source. If you look at established indy Dommes with professional level websites and their own studios/dungeons ( or access to a professional dungeon) you may find they are a more diverse group. Although, a certain level of conventional beauty does seem to be common. I think that's just the nature of the business.

As to erotic clothing, the quality of the fetwear is usually another sign of the Domme's status, experience and level of success.

The pricing differential has never been large enough for me to play with anyone other than Domme's who might be considered top tier. Clothing, gear, studio and website quality can all be a good indicator of that.
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/21/24 11:20 AM

I just disagree with this. There are many many established excellent Dommes out there. I could start rattling them off but there’s no point not knowing where you live or are looking to session. I’ve been lucky enough to session with a few but there are many more. I follow a bunch on Twitter. Feel free to DM for a suggestion or just make a post here asking for recommendations in the area you are looking to session. Believe me there is someone out there who fits what you are looking for within driving distance unless you live somewhere like Wyoming.
Posted by: Chi61

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/21/24 11:30 AM

Agree with Buffalo, with the exception of some rural areas/small towns, there are a myriad of amazing varied options out there. It’s a great time to be sessioning imho

But all I could think of when I read this was if we think all Dommes look alike, can you imagine the Domme’s perspective. Oh great here comes another 30-60 year old, overweight white guy with a receding hairline laugh
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/21/24 09:35 PM

I have to confess to my ignorance I don't even know what Tryst is. However I am surprised by the way you approach this. Why waste your time looking at 100 pictures of mistresses probably most out of your area?

What will looks tell you anyway? Two people looking the same will most of the time be very different in real life. I would suggest concentrating on some publication covering well your area and trying to get clips of persons you could actually meet. This is the way you can find out best what a session could be like, short of doing it. Of course once you find an interest this is only the start.
Posted by: MissMary

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/22/24 07:20 AM

It could be more of a generational thing. Tattoos and brightly colored hair is common with younger women across the board. Could it be that the platforms you are using to find a Domme is more frequented by younger women? It looks like you are getting good advise here. I hope you find the lady you are looking for.
Posted by: Mistress Kiva Krimson

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/24/24 03:27 AM

I would agree completely. I have been an active Professional since 1997. I don't believe there's ever been a time when the scene has been bombarded with more 18 to 25 year old newbies. Hirsutism, Green hair, and way too much ink, is the soup du jour.

Worse than the carbon copy look and ultra left wing politics, is their dire lack of training & mentorship! These newly weaned pups pretend to be experts. Some even offer classes and mentorship programs.

Caveat Emptor!
Posted by: Mistress UV

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/25/24 05:39 PM

I'm so lucky I have so many submissives that can get past My disgusting tattoos and unnatural hair colors and appreciate sessions with Me regardless of My poor looks!
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/26/24 06:49 AM

+1
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/27/24 02:12 AM

Originally Posted By LAN
I was browsing 100s of Domme’s profiles on Tryst and couldn’t help noticing how similar all the Dommes look. Almost all the current Dommes are 20 somethings, very thin, full of tattoos and all wearing similar cheezy erotic clothing.
To me they all look the same. Is this what men really want in a Domme?
I stopped sessioning for that reason. I’m not into thin, tattooed 20 something. It’s turnoff.

There was much more variety in the past, age wise and size wise. I see almost no full-figured, big-busted Dommes on Tryst. Almost all are thin and flat-chested. Maybe this is what men want? What happens when the Dommes hit 30ish, gain weight? Do they retire? Or is this just men want, an endless revolving door of thin, tattooed 20 somethings? All I know is that there was more variety in the past.

Forget that this isn't true, the reads like someone who is resentful...but not about women he wants to let the world know he doesn't find attractive.

What happened, LAN? Why did you really stop sessioning? Because it isn't because you can't find a voluptuous Domme with tig ol' biddies.

Unless you're really bad at the internet.

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/27/24 02:18 AM

Originally Posted By Chi61
all I could think of when I read this was if we think all Dommes look alike, can you imagine the Domme’s perspective. Oh great here comes another 30-60 year old, overweight white guy with a receding hairline laugh

No shite.

Really, I don't care about what clients look like. It doesn't have any bearing on our fun.

Some guys need to open their minds a bit.

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/27/24 02:28 AM

Originally Posted By Mistress Kiva Krimson
I would agree completely. I have been an active Professional since 1997. I don't believe there's ever been a time when the scene has been bombarded with more 18 to 25 year old newbies. Hirsutism, Green hair, and way too much ink, is the soup du jour.

Worse than the carbon copy look and ultra left wing politics, is their dire lack of training & mentorship! These newly weaned pups pretend to be experts. Some even offer classes and mentorship programs.

Caveat Emptor!

I do hate seeing Dommes badmouth other Dommes about things like their appearance. One day they will come for you, too.

Amateurs claiming to be professionals? (There is a difference.) Someone offering "life coaching" without any discernible idea about how to do this without harming someone? Very different. These are ethical matters.

Re: Dommes all look alike - 01/27/24 02:35 AM

Originally Posted By Mistress UV
I'm so lucky I have so many submissives that can get past My disgusting tattoos and unnatural hair colors and appreciate sessions with Me regardless of My poor looks!

LOL!

I know you're being sarcastic, which I appreciate, but I just want to counter some of the negativity here: You're gorgeous, Mistress!

People have been coloring their hair and inking their skin for thousands of years in cultures all over the world. This isn't new, folx. Don't like it? Move along.