Logging in

Posted by: Komodo

Logging in - 01/16/24 06:28 PM

This site is technically very good. However when trying to log in after a long while I had to fight MalwareBytes or its browser guard addition complaining about some algorithmic thing I cannot remember. I was surprised to see that.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Logging in - 01/27/24 01:56 AM

Originally Posted By Komodo
This site is technically very good. However when trying to log in after a long while I had to fight MalwareBytes or its browser guard addition complaining about some algorithmic thing I cannot remember. I was surprised to see that.

See the broken lock or little figure with the red line through it or whatever icon your browser has in front of the URL that makes it look like something is wrong? That means that this site doesn't have a SSL certificate This is the difference between HTTP and HTTPS. The S means the connection is encrypted, which is safer. Malwarebytes is just warning you that the site isn't secure and your -- all of our -- log in info could be compromised.
Posted by: furfan

Re: Logging in - 01/27/24 08:48 AM

In the same vein, how do you stay logged in? I click the box saying "keep me logged in" but if I navigate away from the site even for a minute of two and then return I'm always logged out. On other discussion sites I stay logged in even if I haven't visited for days.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Logging in - 01/27/24 04:35 PM

Originally Posted By furfan
In the same vein, how do you stay logged in? I click the box saying "keep me logged in" but if I navigate away from the site even for a minute of two and then return I'm always logged out. On other discussion sites I stay logged in even if I haven't visited for days.

It might be an issue with your cookies. Trying clearing them and then accept whatever the site is asking.

It could also be your anti-tracker plugin, if you have one.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Logging in - 01/28/24 05:20 AM

Thanks, it is real issue but not what I was trying to describe. I am in IT too, and I remember that in the early days here there was a mistress I was really impressed with dealing with technical administration. I am not sure whether in was MistressOne but I am almost sure that One was part of her name. Is she still around?