Register The Hang

Posted by: spike4848

Register The Hang - 12/19/23 04:50 PM

Does anyone know how to register? http://www.maxfisch.com/thehang/ I get to the second page where it says I accept the Board Rules, and can’t get any further?
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Register The Hang - 12/19/23 06:16 PM

You can't. The people who run it turned it off.

Re: Thank you! - 12/19/23 08:23 PM

Thank you! You saved me from trying for another few months and failing!
Posted by: ztrade

Re: Register The Hang - 12/19/23 09:11 PM

why would they do that?
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: Register The Hang - 12/19/23 11:04 PM

Their trying to shut it down...It's way past time!

Re: Register The Hang - 12/20/23 12:27 AM

Originally Posted By ztrade
why would they do that?

I don't know.

Taking a **GUESS** I would say that site is still up out of sentimental value to someone who doesn't have the time to pay attention to it. The person who does do the *minimal* maintenance on it probably sees new users as a nuisance ( existing users making new accounts for trolling ) and disabled new user registration. That or the minimal maintenance is so minimal new user registration broke and there is no one to fix it.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Register The Hang - 12/20/23 08:20 AM

That is interesting. Do you know, for certain, that it was turned off and not just broken?

Re: Register The Hang - 12/20/23 11:44 AM

I do not know.

I've reported it broken several times. No response.

Reporting hackers posting to the site without an account usually gets a response.
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Register The Hang - 12/20/23 04:02 PM

Originally Posted By MsRoseWoods
Their trying to shut it down...It's way past time!

I rejoined MF a few years ago, I forgot my old screen name and came up with a new one. I joined here, once again, around the same time. I urged MF regulars to come onto domina.ms especially when it was redesigned to LOOK like MF - with better tech, moderators, etc. Not that many did. A site like this, managed, is still valuable. But even domina.ms can't be the be-all and end-all like MF was in the late '90s and early 2000s because online has changed, social media took over and it is generational. MF seems to be more of a northeast or NYC focused site and there is loyalty there. Many of the Mistresses and subs who made it vibrant moved on. STILL... this TYPE of site, where hopefully all who are willing, can exchange ideas, experiences, etc. safely, is of great value.

And Happy Holidays to all!
Posted by: Dr. Pleasure

Re: Register The Hang - 12/21/23 04:09 PM

That’s weird because I was just banned from the site for posting something that violated their ToS, I guess. I’ve been a member since 1999 and have over 1000 posts. Sad.
Posted by: Awillingstudent

Re: Register The Hang - 12/22/23 08:12 AM

Back in the day Max (whoever that was) was always responsive whether to a DM or a post. Max was present and cared about the site. It felt like a real community. It’s nice to see many folks from back then over here. Though part of me misses Perverta laugh

Re: Register The Hang - 12/22/23 04:03 PM

That is a name I have not heard in a long time!

Re: Register The Hang - 12/23/23 08:20 AM

Perverta cracked me up. I've never understood why she got banned. Unless I missed something, the character seemed harmless enough and entertaining, even if unwittingly so. Was Perverta really a wealthy lifestyle dom living on an island with her husband or a bored submissive man living in a dingy apartment in NYC? Who knows. The harmless trolls did make MF a bit of fun.

Re: Register The Hang - 12/24/23 08:06 PM

What bothers me is "The Hang" is very active still. There were multiple posts just this month. Many of the posts I would love to reply to. Any many of the poster I would love to ask questions too.

Who are all these people that still have access to "The Hang?" How did they register in the first place when I can not? Thank everyone ... you have been answering this question I have had for a year.

Spike4848

Re: Register The Hang - 12/25/23 06:18 AM

Those posts are from accounts that registered decades ago.

Re: Register The Hang - 12/25/23 06:55 AM

OMG ... Sorry if I missed you mention this ... but I see you "Soapy" are posting on the Hang right now. You one of the famous poster !!!!

P.S. Are there any other website similar to "The Buzz" or "The Hang" out there?

Re: Register The Hang - 12/25/23 01:11 PM

It is odd. I don't have an explanation. If they wanted to kill the site, they could just take it down. None of it makes sense.

Re: Register The Hang - 12/25/23 01:17 PM

If I'm not mistaken, registration and administration on MF comes and goes. It is so random that it is odd.

Re: Register The Hang - 12/25/23 07:39 PM

I don't know.