Session deposit methods

Posted by: CheekClapper

Session deposit methods - 12/16/23 10:38 PM

With maybe half of dommes not accepting things like Amazon gift cards for session deposits, anyone have advice or experience using CashApp or Venmo, but not with a bank account? I saw on CashApp's site that you can go to some retailers to reload your cashapp, but never did it and got away from using it for session deposits just due to my work and not wanting a paper trail. I like when I can go into a store and buy an Amazon Giftcard with cash and send the code.

I do see that some Dommes use Wishtender, but if you search what is WishTender used for, it's only something I'd want to so with a prepaid card, so is that possible without having to register it to your name?

Anyone have any good methods to help keep things not easily connected financially and still able to make deposits for most Dommes?
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/17/23 12:51 AM

You do not have to link your bank account to your cashapp smile

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/17/23 08:06 AM

Originally Posted By DommeLynx

That would be great. I have seen some videos about possibly needing a Cash Card, which seems like they'd mail a debit card. Is it possible to add funds without this card? As in basically just scanning an in app barcode in store? Preferably at a self checkout.

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/17/23 09:34 PM

You can have an account without the card, so I ASSUME but not 100% theres a qr scan in the app you can use at stores. smile I'd call to ask
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/17/23 10:41 PM

Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question and I am in the same boat when it comes to making deposits as you are. It is very difficult if the Domme does not accept gift cards. I have used Venmo for stuff because with my bank the person being paid does not show up on the online banking info but I still am hesitant to use it often or for larger amounts. Cash App shows up as cash app and shows the payee so I won’t use that. I would guess every bank is different too. I’ve posted about this before. I’ve just accepted that in 2023 everything is viewable online somewhere so it’s much more difficult to hide stuff than it was in the past.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/18/23 11:41 PM

I'm surprised when a Domme's standard protocol is that she will accept deposits with gift cards. My Goddess, how does she do it??

I don't know if it occurred to you gentlemen but we cannot pay our bills with gift cards. And when you do something for a living, as opposed to between your classes in college or as a part-time gig to on the weekends to supplement your main gig, session tributes may be your Domme's total income.

I'd love, though, if I could send Amazon gift cards to my mortgage company and they'd be like, "Hey, thanks! You're covered for the next three months!"

When it comes to the concern with "paper trails", your ability to avoid this depend on what you mean by "trail".

I'm not giving advice to help you be a dick to your significant other, but if in some other hypothetical scenario you must keep this under wraps, you may not be able to avoid a "trail" at all. Gift cards leave a "trail". Money orders leave a "trail". Withdrawals from your bank account leave a "trail".

As much as I understand that people have privacy needs, and sometimes want to try to keep their transactions with me as "trail"-free as possible, I also do not want to be expected to shoulder the burden of someone's secret. This is not my interest or responsibility. I will always uphold your confidentiality but if you insist on paying a chunk of my wages with a gift card when I need compensation for my work to cover my electric bill then I'm afraid we're at am impasse.

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/19/23 12:04 AM

Is this new? How would we pay out in this case? Or do you need a bank account attached to pay out?

I was banned from Cash about 6 years ago so I figured that unless I opened a new bank account with a different name I would not be using this processor.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/19/23 04:29 AM

What do you think the possibilities that the prodom scene goes back to good ol' money orders and po boxes? Buffalo's mention of gift cards is also a good one. It is just a deposit and not the entire session fee. I'm long retired from sessions and know everyone wants to do things on their phone as quickly and easily as possible. But, the old fashion way worked just fine for decades.

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/19/23 05:27 AM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
What do you think the possibilities that the prodom scene goes back to good ol' money orders and po boxes?

Some of us have always done that. I offer money orders for people who don't want to pay anything electronically.

Quote:
Buffalo's mention of gift cards is also a good one. It is just a deposit and not the entire session fee.

I suppose a Domme felt all her pre-production was worth a lousy 10 bux then sure take a gift card. My deposits are 50%. That might mean like a $1,000 gift card. Hahahahahahah! No.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/19/23 03:24 PM

Seriously, how do you explain $500 in cash withdrawals to a suspicious person?

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/19/23 06:52 PM

100% agreed. If the situation calls for a deposit, it should be nothing less than 50%. I didn't know that Visa gift cards had a limit on the amount.
Posted by: palmer

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/19/23 07:38 PM

You don't have to link Cash App to your bank account to send. You can manually deposit money at Walgreens, I believe. But to withdraw money into your account you obviously do need to link your account. What you can apparently do is transfer the money you receive to someone else with a link account and get the money from them. (Obviously, a hassle.)

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/20/23 12:15 AM

I didn't know that Visa gift cards had a limit on the amount.

I seem to recall that the cardboard they're usually inside has said something like $10 - $500, or thereabouts.

Even if a client wanted to send two for $500 I still wouldn't accept it. It seems, in my experience, that places that formerly took gift cards like those to pay bills no longer do. Probably an issue with too much fraud. So, it ends up being only slightly more useful than Amazon, for example.

The gift card is ultimately limiting. I have to spend my income in a particular way. I just would rather not deal with working around limitations. It's also more difficult to keep track of for tax purposes.

Now, if there was something I actually planned on buying and that place offered gift cards, then I might accept it. But this is very rare.

subs should never expect a Domme to bend over backwards. We do so much of that as it is. I'd still rather then mail me a money order. Overnight it if you must.

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/20/23 06:42 AM

It has been so many years since I've been active in sessions. A lot has changed. One thing that has stood the test of time is postal mail and money orders. It has always been my preference too. For a good client or someone with excellent references, I'd probably make an exception. But, you are right that it would get to be exasperating for that to be common practice.

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/20/23 12:33 PM

I did some checking. I believe you are correct. I think at certain stores you can bring up a bar code on your phone Cash App , give it along with the cash to the cashier and have it deposited into your app for a small fee. I am pretty excited about this option and am going to check it out.
Posted by: palmer

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/20/23 01:35 PM

I've done this and it does work.

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/20/23 10:51 PM

If your bank account isnt attached, you can't cash out. Instead of cashing out I just use the cashapp balance I get to pay for my ubers/food delivery/cleaners/coffee etc etc. Of course I completely understand other Dommes not wanting to deal with that since it can't pay rent.

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/20/23 10:52 PM

Glad to hear you found something.
Posted by: Spark

Re: Session deposit methods - 12/23/23 05:15 PM

Bitcoin or cryptocurrency could be a win for both parties here. Very easy to convert cash to crypto and send. Ive seen more Dommes start to offer this.
Posted by: Mistress UV

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/03/24 02:03 PM

I've always wondered about this-- how are you withdrawing enough cash for the session but not able to do an electronic payment?

Normal-job-having folks usually aren't paid in cash. I always imagine subs are squirreling it away one dollar at a time just like Johnny Cash song about stealing a whole car, but one piece at a time from the assembly line they work at.
Posted by: Mistress UV

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/03/24 02:55 PM

If the Domme can wait 3-5 days to snail mail a money order thats great, but most subs are so last minute with sessions that the snail mail won't work. Most requests I get are within 1 - 7 days. They also will say "yes mistress I sent it" without sending as a way to continue to email/waste time. I need a deposit to hold the time on My schedule, otherwise I could be booking someone else for that time slot--So it usually goes, you want to book a session? Send the deposit by the end of the day or move over for someone else who can!
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/04/24 02:32 AM

That must be agonizing, to have to slowly squirrel away $20 at a time. Especially for the type wants to session on impulse.

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/04/24 01:52 PM

This is the conundrum exactly. I could write a good short story on this. I can’t do anything electronically that will jump out and that includes large cash withdrawals or even frequent withdrawals. I pretty much squirrel away $20 $40 a week. Sometimes a friend pays me back in cash for money loaned, sometimes I win a few dollars on a lottery ticket , etc etc. It’s a slow process. My life has changed over the years so my opportunities to session have gone down so it kind of works out but it is overall frustrating because the desire to session is still very strong.

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/05/24 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By Soapy
Seriously, how do you explain $500 in cash withdrawals to a suspicious person?

Do you want my answer as a professional Domme or a lifestyle Domme?

Lifestyle? OK: you don't. You tell her "I'm kinky. Can you help? No? Do you mind if I go to a professional?" Problem solved!

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/05/24 11:46 PM

It has been so many years since I've been active in sessions. A lot has changed. One thing that has stood the test of time is postal mail and money orders. It has always been my preference too.

Money orders are so easy! And if time is an issue overnight it! If someone is going to spend however much on a session what is $25 or $30 to get it to the Domme quickly? For those who are concerned with privacy, is that not worth it?

Quote:
For a good client or someone with excellent references, I'd probably make an exception. But, you are right that it would get to be exasperating for that to be common practice.

I understand that. I have made a few exceptions over time. As I said, if I was getting ready to buy something and the place offered e-gift cards I might offer that in lieu of the usual method, but isn't that still an issue with leaving a trail?

Gentlemen, I think you are just going to have to put your big boy pants on and figure this exhausting dance out.

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/05/24 11:47 PM

If your bank account isnt attached, you can't cash out. Instead of cashing out I just use the cashapp balance I get to pay for my ubers/food delivery/cleaners/coffee etc etc. Of course I completely understand other Dommes not wanting to deal with that since it can't pay rent.

This is good to know, thank you.

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/05/24 11:48 PM

Originally Posted By Spark
Bitcoin or cryptocurrency could be a win for both parties here. Very easy to convert cash to crypto and send. Ive seen more Dommes start to offer this.

Yeah, but isn't this volatile? Like paying someone with a precious metals stock?

One day her tribute is worth what she asked for the next minute she just lost $100?

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/05/24 11:49 PM

Originally Posted By Mistress UV
I always imagine subs are squirreling it away one dollar at a time just like Johnny Cash song about stealing a whole car, but one piece at a time from the assembly line they work at.

LOL!

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/06/24 01:22 AM

Good point While there can certainly be volatility in bitcoin or crypto over time , if a domme were immediately to convert my deposit to cash that volatility is minimal. A quick email or text exchange of “hey im sending your deposit to your bitcoin address it should be there in 10 minutes” she immediately sells the bitcoin converts to cash and its a completely anonymous transaction for both parties.

In that short of a time frame i believe the volatility cost is less than the time and expense of gas associated with driving cash deposit to the bank.

Re: bitcoin - 01/07/24 05:11 AM

Originally Posted By Spark
Good point While there can certainly be volatility in bitcoin or crypto over time , if a domme were immediately to convert my deposit to cash that volatility is minimal. A quick email or text exchange of “hey im sending your deposit to your bitcoin address it should be there in 10 minutes” she immediately sells the bitcoin converts to cash and its a completely anonymous transaction for both parties.

In that short of a time frame i believe the volatility cost is less than the time and expense of gas associated with driving cash deposit to the bank.

I looked into bitcoin earlier on in its existence. I remember it seemed confusing and shady, reminiscent of scams. Like I had to buy s gift card and wait for someone to accept it and give me bitcoin. I never tried this because it just seemed tedious and like there wasn't enough benefit for me.

If I were to accept a payment in bitcoin and want to immediately convert it to USD how does that work, exactly? Do I have to wait until someone buys my shares of bitcoin? What if no one does? Isn't it possible that the value of my bitcoin could drop in this timeframe? Once someone does, how do I withdraw it into actual cash?

I realize I could go look this up but since we're already having the conversation here, I might as well keep it going here. Maybe another Domme has the same questions.

If it's easier to point me (and others) to nice, easy to understand site for my answers, that works.
Posted by: Madam Jess

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/07/24 07:41 AM

I just accepted a money order for a deposit for the first time. He scheduled for two weeks out and was super polite so I gave it a shot. I would not have done that with someone super last minute or obviously a time waster. I waited to receive the money order until continuing to engage with him. He said he mailed it and I had it in two days. I can deposit from My phone and never leave My house.

I have been burned playing the electronic gift card game. I don't really like or support Amazon. It also takes up my time and energy to play the game of loading a card or whatever. I will not accept them for anything other than gifts.

Your relationship issues are not mine. Your banking issues are not mine. Figure it out.

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/08/24 12:46 PM

I think we're just trying to have a thoughtful discussion on alternative methods for deposit and not be told it's not someone's problem. It could be if your bank accounts get shut down. One method, and if you value anonymity, you may want to be careful with how you create and fund your wallet address initially, would be to use something that sends instantly like XRP and therefore doesn't have as much volatility if someone wanted to convert it. If a provider didn't want to convert it, it could simply be sent back at the start of a session and a cash amount paid on the spot for the deposit amount.

Originally Posted By Madam Jess
I just accepted a money order for a deposit for the first time. He scheduled for two weeks out and was super polite so I gave it a shot. I would not have done that with someone super last minute or obviously a time waster. I waited to receive the money order until continuing to engage with him. He said he mailed it and I had it in two days. I can deposit from My phone and never leave My house.

I have been burned playing the electronic gift card game. I don't really like or support Amazon. It also takes up my time and energy to play the game of loading a card or whatever. I will not accept them for anything other than gifts.

Your relationship issues are not mine. Your banking issues are not mine. Figure it out.
Posted by: nysubjack

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/08/24 09:52 PM

Cheek,

Thanks for starting an interesting and informative thread with 4 pages of great conversation. I don't have any difficulty in making deposits but for those that are looking for more info and alternatives, this was a helpful thread. We can only hope there is more of this kind of conversation here.

Re: Session deposit methods - 01/27/24 01:47 AM

Originally Posted By CheekClapper
I think we're just trying to have a thoughtful discussion on alternative methods for deposit and not be told it's not someone's problem.

Clients typically want anonymity AND convenience. The problem is that this is actually impossible. You can have one or the other. And even with anonymity, truly anonymous is very difficult.

We Dommes can get tired of being asked to bend over backwards and do somersaults and cartwheels to accommodate men who are lying about their lives, which is almost always the reason why they want us to also be gymnasts for them. It's just not our responsibility to have to manage this.

I have suggested alternatives to electronic transactions in the past and clients usually complain. They don't want to be bothered to mail anything. OK, so you don't want electronic and you don't want to mail a money order. Then what is your proposed solution? One that doesn't involve my taking a hit or increasing my risk? The questions are hypothetical, but you can answer if you'd like.

Re: bitcoin - 01/28/24 11:45 AM

Quote:
looked into bitcoin earlier on in its existence. I remember it seemed confusing and shady, reminiscent of scams. Like I had to buy s gift card and wait for someone to accept it and give me bitcoin. I never tried this because it just seemed tedious and like there wasn't enough benefit for me.

Quote:
If I were to accept a payment in bitcoin and want to immediately convert it to USD how does that work, exactly? Do I have to wait until someone buys my shares of bitcoin? What if no one does? Isn't it possible that the value of my bitcoin could drop in this timeframe? Once someone does, how do I withdraw it into actual cash?

Its actually very straightforward and not much different than setting up an online savings account. You need to open a bitcoin wallet which basically functions as an online aavings account and link that wallet to your bank accounts. A quick google search will give you a few options of best wallets. There are many options. Once you have a wallet you will get an address. Think if this as a routing number if someone wants to send you bitcoin you provide your address. The transfer process generally takes a few seconds to ~10 minutes but leans closer to the shorter end. Once you have bitcoin its immediately convertible to cash. With a small fee (generally less than 1%. So when a Domme accepts bitcoin , i can ask for her address send her the money, she converts it to dollars and transfer to her bank account. Session fees are handled quickly (less than 5 minutes) and relatively anonymously for all parties involved. Their are a few well established Dommes that use this approach. Ive found it to be fantastic
Posted by: Subaddict

Re: bitcoin - 02/06/24 04:15 PM

Agreed, I use BitCoin and it is great once you get used to it. I wish there were retail websites where I could buy my mistress gifts with BitCoin, though.
Posted by: langerr

Re: bitcoin - 02/06/24 04:39 PM

Do you and the Domme have to use the same kind of bitcoin?
Posted by: Subaddict

Re: bitcoin - 02/06/24 09:30 PM

I am not sure. I think that depends on the platform and exchange. I think, in any case, that if you were using 2 different crypto currencies, the possible added exchange rate fees and price uncertainty would overtake the benefit of doing it. I am no expert and I have only traded Bitcoin, so I'll leave the particulars to more tech savvy users. But if you are looking for the simplest, reliable way to pay without it being traced back to you, even if someone has your smartphone with no password protection, then a wallet-to-wallet bitcoin transfer using CashApp or something else as simple to use is your best option.