Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning

Posted by: FleeceJohnson

Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/25/23 07:44 AM

Doing just an hour session used to be possible with 95% of dommes out there. Then it became 90 minute sessions, which is reasonable and I think a good medium for session length. Then we started seeing two hour sessions become a requirement.

Lately... if you are not doing 4-6 hour or longer sessions, you are simply a very low priority client and they are letting you know via twitter that they are doing these long sessions often. Your one hour request is not worth a domme's time, so I wouldn't even bother asking for it. I'm honestly dissapointed with this new trend. As someone who drinks plenty of water and usually likes to urinate every hour to 90 minutes, I just don't want to have to take breaks during a long session. Not to mention, the bill adds up pretty quickly.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/25/23 04:15 PM

Originally Posted By FleeceJohnson

Lately... if you are not doing 4-6 hour or longer sessions, you are simply a very low priority client

Some of my favorite clients only do hour long sessions. Although I agree a lot of Dommes prefer longer sessions, there are still plenty of Dommes out there like myself that are feral beasts and love their hour long ones. Nothing is funner to me than someone taking their lunch break just to be my play toy.

Keep looking, I'm sure there's a Domme out there that enjoys shorter sessions too in your area.
Posted by: Chi61

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/25/23 04:26 PM

Genuinely curious what your interests are and if that is driving some of it? Thinking if it was a complex scene or activity, the Domme might require a longer time slot? I moved from hour sessions to only doing 90 minute and 2 hour sessions but that was driven by me as I kept finding an hour was too short. I’ve never had a Domme say they would only do a longer session. I play primarily in NY and FL, not sure if location could be a factor as well?
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/26/23 09:25 AM

Originally Posted By DommeLynx

Lately... if you are not doing 4-6 hour or longer sessions, you are simply a very low priority client

Some of my favorite clients only do hour long sessions. Although I agree a lot of Dommes prefer longer sessions, there are still plenty of Dommes out there like myself that are feral beasts and love their hour long ones. Nothing is funner to me than someone taking their lunch break just to be my play toy.

Keep looking, I'm sure there's a Domme out there that enjoys shorter sessions too in your area.

God, I used to do the "lunch break" thing when I was younger... and very horny. ("Stress relief" I think it is called. LOL!) What I moved to was after work hour sessions and later on early morning Saturday, especially Sunday sessions. It always seemed more illicit, more of a turn on, to drive to an independent Mistress' dungeon or apartment on a Sunday AM when the city is quiet and you'd sometimes see people going to church. (Well... everyone has their own ways to worship the Almighty. wink )
Posted by: Mistress UV

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/26/23 01:03 PM

I don't even offer 4+ hour sessions unless it includes a meal, and at that point I just prefer to do an overnight. Not sure where you're coming up with this info but I don't think that's accurate.
I know a few Dommes that have a 90 min minimum so they can get a base rate covered, but its not that common, at least in the cities I frequent. It sounds like you're complaining about a particular person. Keep looking! I promise the right one is out there.

Also, what Domme won't let you get up and pee during a session? Unless its part of some game you're playing, no one wants a grown man pissing on the floor of their Dungeon or hotel room.
Posted by: Smiley

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/26/23 10:19 PM

My go to is usually 2 hours but if I'm traveling and it's a once in a lifetime chance or close to being less than yearly I'll swing for either 3 or 4 hours. With that being said, I say do 2 hours, it'll give you more time to play and she won't be rushed to do things. If your list of things is excessive then go for as much time as you can afford.
Posted by: Poester

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/27/23 01:38 AM

My preferred session type takes about three hours and it's so "draining" I need to sleep for 24 hours afterwards.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/28/23 11:14 PM

Doing just an hour session used to be possible with 95% of dommes out there. Then it became 90 minute sessions, which is reasonable and I think a good medium for session length. Then we started seeing two hour sessions become a requirement.

Lately... if you are not doing 4-6 hour or longer sessions, you are simply a very low priority client and they are letting you know via twitter that they are doing these long sessions often. Your one hour request is not worth a domme's time, so I wouldn't even bother asking for it. I'm honestly dissapointed with this new trend. As someone who drinks plenty of water and usually likes to urinate every hour to 90 minutes, I just don't want to have to take breaks during a long session. Not to mention, the bill adds up pretty quickly.

You sound like NoMasks/BootyWarrior/VaxxedToTheMaxx/whatever else.
Posted by: llf

used to be 1/2 hr sessions - 04/29/23 03:46 AM

I say to the Domme, OK let's see how much damage you can do in 30 minutes.

When Dommes extended the sessions past 1 hour, I get hypoglycemic. It is also hard for the Domme, kicking my ass for a whole hour.
Posted by: Spark

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 04/29/23 09:12 AM

I tend to go for 2 hours but my pace is a little slow I rarely can go intense for the full time.

I occasionally do 3-4hours (which can be a bit long so we build In breaks). That works for more style.

I think most of the dommes i see would go 90 minutes and some would go 60.
Posted by: Bladezeus

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/07/23 09:42 PM

Most Dommes I know will do 60-90 minutes, so not sure where or what you're referencing.
BUT, in fairness to the Mistresses that I see, not sure why on earth you'd want only 60 minutes, and I'm afraid my mind ventures to persons that may not be good for the Mistress and their reviews/safety.

Maybe that's not fair or accurate, but the Mistresses I frequent tear me up for 3 hours and leave me wanting more,

I'd say think about what you want, maybe Pro-Dommes really aren't what you seek?
Posted by: Lady Bellatrix

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/10/23 06:47 AM

I decided to stop doing anything less than 2 hours at the beginning of 2020. At that time, I found most of my sessions were 2 hours or longer anyways. And the ones coming in at any less than 2 hours usually came with a huge menu of activities they expected me to carry out in just one hour.

The preparation time and clean up after is the same for a 1 hour booking or a 5 hour booking. Plus I found 1 hour sessions too rushed. So now it's 2 hours minmimum and there's no going back for me now...

And with the fan club phenomenon, most days I earn more than what my one hour rate was. So it doesn't make sense for me to spend all the time communicating, preparing and cleaning up after for the same income.
Posted by: Paulie

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/10/23 09:20 AM

Hi

not only many Dommes require to have multi hour sessions, I have noticed another trend that are happening. Many Dommes are now requiring higher and outrages deposits amounts which some require 50% of your tribute as a deposit and then pay the other 50% of the tribute to them when you meet them. Some, would say a 25% deposit is required or 1,000.00 deposits. Now I do support and understand why deposits are needed but why charge so much. I remember paying a deposit of $50.00 which is reasonable and you can deduct that amount from your tribute payment.

I met one Mistress who charged me %75.00 for my first session with her. Then I received an email from her that she was in town and wouldl like to know if I wanted to meet with her and I responded yes. well, then brought up that I had to pay the $75.00 dollar deposit again. I asked her is this an ongoing thing every time I meet with her and she replied yes. To me that is a little too much. One time deposit I get but having to pay deposits each time I meet with her that is way bit to much for.

As I said I do support deposits it is to wean out those time wasters or to cover those who don't show up at all.

As for Multi hours..I prefer to meet with a mistress for two hours it gives me and her enough time to get know each other and have a blast of a session.

Cheers folks

Paulie

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/10/23 01:58 PM

Originally Posted By Lady Bellatrix
I decided to stop doing anything less than 2 hours at the beginning of 2020. At that time, I found most of my sessions were 2 hours or longer anyways. And the ones coming in at any less than 2 hours usually came with a huge menu of activities they expected me to carry out in just one hour.

I have a similar experience in that I don't often have someone booking under 2 hours, except one regular who books 90 minutes every month. One-hour sessions are getting rarer and rarer, though I still offer them. I just am pretty strict about what I'm willing to try to accomplish in the time the client is requesting.

Quote:
The preparation time and clean up after is the same for a 1 hour booking or a 5 hour booking. Plus I found 1 hour sessions too rushed.

My prep time isn't like yours. Prepping for for one-hour of play is definitely easier than four, for example. But I agree that one-hour sessions are almost always too rushed, unless the client just wants something like a spanking.

Quote:
And with the fan club phenomenon, most days I earn more than what my one hour rate was. So it doesn't make sense for me to spend all the time communicating, preparing and cleaning up after for the same income.

I don't currently have a set up like this but if I did I'm sure it would affect the way I work.

People have unrealistic expectations for us Dommes. They expect us to do too much in a short amount of time, put up with all the things we do while doing it, including take on all the responsibility and legal risk in doing this work -- and they want us to do it for $100 an hour. LOL

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/10/23 02:10 PM

Originally Posted By Paulie
I have noticed another trend that are happening. Many Dommes are now requiring higher and outrages deposits amounts which some require 50% of your tribute as a deposit and then pay the other 50% of the tribute to them when you meet them. Some, would say a 25% deposit is required or 1,000.00 deposits. Now I do support and understand why deposits are needed but why charge so much. I remember paying a deposit of $50.00 which is reasonable and you can deduct that amount from your tribute payment.

If you have to pay the tribute anyway what's the problem with a larger deposit?

I charge 50%. I make absolutely no apologies for this. Why? Everything I put into preparing for each of my clients is worth more than an insulting $50 if the client decides that he doesn't feel like showing up.

And you know what? In over 8 years I've never had a single no show, I have pages of 5-star reviews justifying my deposit protocol, and I haven't grown resentful from selling myself short and asking for only $50 to cover the four hours of prep I may have to do for your amazing scene because some guys are uncomfortable being asked to step up and show the same level of commitment to our scene as I do.

Sweetie, I'm a FemDom, not a servant.

Will some clients decline to session with me because they don't want to pay 50% of their tribute up front? Yep. But this is not anything I concern myself with. As cliche as it may sound, I honest-to-goodness believe it's their loss.

Quote:
As I said I do support deposits it is to wean out those time wasters or to cover those who don't show up at all.

...except you don't, when it comes down to it.

It sounds like you are one of those "but I'm not a time waster and I should be an exception!" types. Which, you realize, is what everyone believes about themselves.
Posted by: furfan

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/11/23 08:48 AM

Assuming the Domme has a good online presence and a solid reputation I have no issues with a deposit. I would imagine no shows can be the bane of a Domme's existence and represent a significant loss of income. Like lawyers, doctors and accountants, a Domme's time has zero value once the that time has past.

As to some Dommes requiring longer sessions, I never book less than 2-3 hour sessions so it's really not an issue that concerns me.
Posted by: EvedLeNashim

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/11/23 10:51 AM

Hi

I have noticed another trend that are happening. Many Dommes are now requiring higher and outrages deposits amounts which some require 50% of your tribute as a deposit and then pay the other 50% of the tribute to them when you meet them.

Some, would say a 25% deposit is required or 1,000.00 deposits. Now I do support and understand why deposits are needed but why charge so much. I remember paying a deposit of $50.00 which is reasonable and you can deduct that amount from your tribute payment.

One time deposit I get but having to pay deposits each time I meet with her that is way bit to much for.

I've been playing with the same incredible Domme for more than 4 years now. We have developed a deep and intimate trust. Yet, she still requires a 50% deposit for all sessions. I have absolutely no problem with it. Why should I? When I book its because I absolutely want/need to see her. I also understand that, while we have built a solid relationship, I am a client and she is running a business. This is her choice and her policy, so why should I think I'm so special that the rules don't apply to me? I'm going to pay the tribute anyway, so what's the difference doing half now and half later???

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/11/23 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

I have a similar experience in that I don't often have someone booking under 2 hours, except one regular who books 90 minutes every month. One-hour sessions are getting rarer and rarer, though I still offer them. I just am pretty strict about what I'm willing to try to accomplish in the time the client is requesting.

Quote:
The preparation time and clean up after is the same for a 1 hour booking or a 5 hour booking. Plus I found 1 hour sessions too rushed.

My prep time isn't like yours. Prepping for for one-hour of play is definitely easier than four, for example. But I agree that one-hour sessions are almost always too rushed, unless the client just wants something like a spanking.

Quote:

I don't currently have a set up like this but if I did I'm sure it would affect the way I work.

People have unrealistic expectations for us Dommes. They expect us to do too much in a short amount of time, put up with all the things we do while doing it, including take on all the responsibility and legal risk in doing this work -- and they want us to do it for $100 an hour. LOL

I concur with all of your statements. You are a wise lady laugh

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/11/23 11:34 AM

Hi

not only many Dommes require to have multi hour sessions, I have noticed another trend that are happening. Many Dommes are now requiring higher and outrages deposits amounts which some require 50% of your tribute as a deposit and then pay the other 50% of the tribute to them when you meet them. Some, would say a 25% deposit is required or 1,000.00 deposits. Now I do support and understand why deposits are needed but why charge so much. I remember paying a deposit of $50.00 which is reasonable and you can deduct that amount from your tribute payment.

I met one Mistress who charged me %75.00 for my first session with her. Then I received an email from her that she was in town and wouldl like to know if I wanted to meet with her and I responded yes. well, then brought up that I had to pay the $75.00 dollar deposit again. I asked her is this an ongoing thing every time I meet with her and she replied yes. To me that is a little too much. One time deposit I get but having to pay deposits each time I meet with her that is way bit to much for.

As for Multi hours..I prefer to meet with a mistress for two hours it gives me and her enough time to get know each other and have a blast of a session.

Cheers folks

Paulie

Back in 2015, I used to charge only £50 deposit per session. But one month, I had 5 cancellations. You might think, oh lucky her she just earned £250 for doing nothing. But the loss of income greatly outweigths the pittance for the cancellation.

Especially when on tour, this puts a major dent in profit margins and doesn't leave time to find someone else to fill the missed appointment.

Even at a 50% non refundable deposit, I still have at least one cancellation every month. All of them tend to be last minute.

As for asking a deposit from a client every time they session, I also do this from experience (ie loss of income). The amount of new clients I trusted after them paying a deposit the first time, then cancelling at the last minute the second time without one also warrants my requirement of paying a deposit every time.

At the end of the day, we're running a business here. We have certain proceedures in place for a reason.

I also detect a tone of resentment in your post. If you're really that butt hurt about folowing a woman's protocols, maybe Femdom isn't for you...

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/14/23 07:51 PM

Thank you, Lady Bellatrix. Though I would say I'm more of a badass bitch than a lady. wink

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/14/23 08:06 PM

At the end of the day, we're running a business here. We have certain proceedures in place for a reason.

This is the bottom line. The reality is that we're all running businesses. And when you're wise you do that in a way that best nurtures you and your ability to sustain your work.

Quote:
I also detect a tone of resentment in your post. If you're really that butt hurt about folowing a woman's protocols, maybe Femdom isn't for you

Your Average Man is very entitled. He's been socialized to believe he calls the shots. This would include our protocol.

What some don't realize is that balking at a deposit or screening you are telling us something about you. A $50 deposit is a tolerable loss if you decide that you are going to no-show -- and that is why you argue for it.

You have every right to be cheap or flaky but understand that you will self-select out of the consideration of the upper echelon of professional Dommes.

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/15/23 11:12 AM

Originally Posted By Mistress Tissa

Thank you, Lady Bellatrix. Though I would say I'm more of a badass bitch than a lady. wink

Well, I didn't want to make assumptions. But yes, I had also gathered that about you too!
Posted by: Oliver Cromwell

Re: Multi-hour sessions are now basically required if you want any chance of sessioning - 05/31/23 07:15 AM

I don’t mind deposits of any size. In 30 years of sessioning, I was ripped off only once—so that’s failure rate of about 1/3 of one percent. And I am not sure what you mean by 4-6 hour sessions. I usually do 1.5 to 2.5 hours and have never been turned down by top-tier dommes for that amount of time.