The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021)

Posted by: junglebeast

The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/05/22 01:46 PM

I stumbled onto this video from Dom Com October 2021 where Mistress Tara Indiana hosted the Dominatrix Hall of Fame. (I think it is the first one.) This will mean more to those who have been around a long time, or have read about the '70s to the '90s. Maybe you know the Mistresses accepting the awards. The two that are most notable to me are Belle de Jour, my first in 1974, and Ava Taurel, who she introduced me to in the mid-1980s. I did exchange emails with Mistress Tara when she was researching this and had a couple of sessions in her NYC dungeon in the '90s, but not with her. I spoke with Mistress Stephanie Locke a couple of times over the years, a phone session once, but never served her. Too bad there were not any still pictures as part of the ceremony, and few of the honorees were either alive or there, but it was a good effort and revived memories.

The astounding thing I found out in the video was that Mistress Belle died at 100 years old in 2020. That means I was 20 when I first met her and she was 53. (She looked liked she was 40 or 43 then.) I had a long layoff from the scene after first meeting her until the mid-'80s, saw her a couple of times and she introduced me to Ava Taurel. The last time I saw Belle and convinced her to session with me I was 40 or so, she was in her early 70s (and looked like a hot woman in her early 50s). Amazing woman.

Here's the video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2kgdkFoIuY
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/07/22 05:48 PM

This may not be a popular opinion, but I found this cringy.

I understand that Tara Indiana is a respected Domme. I do not dispute this. However, when you have to induct yourself it kind of de-legitimizes the whole thing and makes it look tacky, in my view. Also, the way she was telling the other Dommes what to do -- "bring me X" -- amplified that tackiness for me. I personally would not have fetched paper for her -- especially so she could induct herself.

I mean, if Ms. Tara can proclaim herself authority to induct people, can we all not do the same?

Yes, I think I'll do that: I hereby induct myself into the Dominatrix Hall of Fame.

lol
Posted by: Spear Head

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/08/22 03:53 AM

Tara Indiana was not highly respected by her peers. At 78, I'm old enough to remember when all these so called respected mistresses started out. Self-aggrandizement, and self-promotion were these "ladies" true talent!

The hang is still swarming with them. Clinging desperately to their bygone days, and faded glory.

DomCon = con woman/?kän woman/nounINFORMAL
a woman who cheats or tricks someone by gaining their trust and persuading them to believe something that is not true.

Mistresses, save your money, stay as far away from DumbCon as you can get. The entire "con" is a shell game, you can't win.

Call me old and grumpy, but that's the way I see it.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/08/22 07:15 AM

Originally Posted By Spear Head

The hang is still swarming with them. Clinging desperately to their bygone days, and faded glory.

The Hang isn't swarming with anyone. It has been depopulated for many years and even moreso by women.

Welcome to The Buzz.
Posted by: Chi61

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/08/22 03:04 PM

Mistress Tissa,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your induction. smile

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/08/22 07:47 PM

Originally Posted By Spear Head
Tara Indiana was not highly respected by her peers. At 78, I'm old enough to remember when all these so called respected mistresses started out. Self-aggrandizement, and self-promotion were these "ladies" true talent!

DomCon = con woman/?kän woman/nounINFORMAL
a woman who cheats or tricks someone by gaining their trust and persuading them to believe something that is not true.

Mistresses, save your money, stay as far away from DumbCon as you can get. The entire "con" is a shell game, you can't win.

Call me old and grumpy, but that's the way I see it.

Well. Thanks for your views on that. lol

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/08/22 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By Chi61
Mistress Tissa,

Let me be the first to congratulate you on your induction. smile

LOL Thank you, Chi61. And thank you, Academy...and by Academy I mean myself

wink

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/08/22 09:36 PM

And am I seeing this right but does she misspell Belle Du Jour as "Bell"?

I mean, come on. You can't even spell her name correctly?

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/09/22 04:51 AM

Belle
https://bededucators.gloriabrame.com/belle-du-jour-a-tribute/
Posted by: Bdsdguy

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/11/22 12:54 AM

If anyone could misspell simple words and names, it's Tara.

Just go look at any of her posts on MF and see what I mean
Posted by: cbtlover

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/13/22 07:03 AM

I'd vote for you in a second! I'm planning a trip to Philadelphia this spring.

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/14/22 08:42 AM

Everyone needs spell check and a copy editor. I prove that point everytime I write and social media proves that 24/7.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/17/22 05:52 AM

"The hang is still swarming with them. Clinging desperately to their bygone days, and faded glory."

It sounds as if you had a bad experience that left you a little jaded. If that is the case, I am sorry it happened. But, what you are saying about older doms is just not true. It could be of some, but not most. Most prodoms who have strong work ethics, are highly skilled and keep themselves in good shape can comfortably retire fairly early in life. They will also have developed a list of loyal clients. If a lady stays active in the scene, it must be because she is enjoying herself.

Also, Soapy is correct. Maxfisch is not swarming with posters of any kind.

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/18/22 03:10 AM

Originally Posted By cbtlover
I'd vote for you in a second! I'm planning a trip to Philadelphia this spring.

Ha! Thank you, cbtlover! Hope to have an adventure with you this spring then!
Posted by: MissMary

Re: The Dominatrix Hall of Fame (2021) - 12/19/22 05:08 AM

That did sound like sour grapes. I switch. When it comes to bottoming, I prefer an older lady. She does have to be attractive. So, maybe I'm piggish there. But age? 20s or 30s when I'm topping. 40s or 50s when I'm subbing. There about anyway depending on the person.