Wax play

Posted by: bdsmlover

Wax play - 11/27/22 07:46 AM

Hi Doms and subs, I am interested in trying wax play but worried about wax sticking to my body after the session. Need to go back to my personal life without any marks. Any tips to try this without leaving any marks?
Posted by: Chi61

Re: Wax play - 11/28/22 07:17 AM

I’ve only done it once so others here probably have much more experience with it but it was pretty easy to get off. Just take a shower and pry off the hardened bits. I didn’t have any marks after.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Wax play - 11/28/22 01:31 PM

A few pointers:
1. Make sure there is no hair where you want to have wax. It's a pain to get out of hair.
2. The lower the melt point on the wax the less likely you are to be marked. People with very sensitive skin can have red spots that last for a few hours to one day with the standard paraffin wax most of us use in session. Soy candles have a very low melt point and are more sensual than painful. you can request this for session and the Domme might accommodate.
3. Oil of any kind is very good at removing wax residue from the skin. Vitamin E, coconut oil, even mineral oil. Then just shower and you should be good as new.
Posted by: langerr

Re: Wax play - 11/28/22 01:45 PM

I've never gotten marks from wax play but I avoid it these days.
The wrong wax burning too close to the skin will do it, but an experienced Domme would know all about that.
Sure, you can get it off, but it's not worth the trouble to me.
Posted by: The Thomas

Re: Wax play - 11/28/22 11:41 PM

Originally Posted By Chi61
I’ve only done it once so others here probably have much more experience with it but it was pretty easy to get off. Just take a shower and pry off the hardened bits. I didn’t have any marks after.

Very good points
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Wax play - 12/02/22 10:09 PM

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
A few pointers:
1. Make sure there is no hair where you want to have wax. It's a pain to get out of hair.
2. The lower the melt point on the wax the less likely you are to be marked. People with very sensitive skin can have red spots that last for a few hours to one day with the standard paraffin wax most of us use in session. Soy candles have a very low melt point and are more sensual than painful. you can request this for session and the Domme might accommodate.
3. Oil of any kind is very good at removing wax residue from the skin. Vitamin E, coconut oil, even mineral oil. Then just shower and you should be good as new.

+1

I'd also add that you could experiment by trying it on yourself to see how your skin reacts. Use a colorless, fragrance free soy candle. Drop it on an area where the skin is tougher, like the upper thighs, or an inconspicuous spot, like the bottom of your foot. Don't drop it from right above the skin. Go up a couple of feet.

As far as having someone do it to you: the truth is that no one can promise a mark-free experience when hot wax is landing on your bare skin. It's always a matter of risk reduction.