Mastodon Social

Posted by: Soapy

Mastodon Social - 11/20/22 02:43 AM

Hey all,

Mastodon seems to be the top Twitter alternative.

Great control of your content and you can even edit your "tweets".

If you are interested in trying it out this article can make it easy:

How to Get Started on Mastodon

This site is far better for finding a server/instance to join Mastodon with. Many more servers/instances are listed here.

https://instances.social/

The lovely and deliciously frightening Ms Regan and Miranda Rider are already there.

Just drop in these search strings there to find their accounts:

@MsReganBlack@nerdculture.de

@mistressmirandarider@mastodon.world
Posted by: kinkybootbeast

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/20/22 09:49 AM

+1. Thanks for the info. I deleted my Twitter account when I heard Elon was buying the company. Rest in tweets, twits.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/20/22 02:07 PM

I started an account there with Switter in 2018 but it looks like it was deleted because I didn't manually migrate it to another server. An unfortunate oversight on my part.

New account: https://mastodon.world/@mistresstissa
Posted by: Ms Regan Black

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/20/22 08:16 PM

Just followed!

-MRB

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/20/22 11:36 PM

I don't see you! Are we doing this right? LOL

Did I just make myself look old?

ARE WE DOING THE INTERNETS RIGHT

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/21/22 04:53 AM

I followed you too.
Posted by: Ms Regan Black

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/21/22 12:02 PM

My understanding is the internet is a series of tubes!

I did have a little trouble connecting with you, but it finally worked. Maybe it's a glitch. Will send you a DM on there with my info.

-MRB

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/21/22 01:57 PM

Originally Posted By Ms Regan Black
My understanding is the internet is a series of tubes!

And I thought it was a superhighway !

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/21/22 03:07 PM

Hi Mistress Tissa:

I heard the Internet was just paper cups tied together with string.

I'm following you, Soapy and Miss Regan now.

I really like my Mastadon email address: https://kinky.business/@kinkybootbeast. Perfect! grin

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/21/22 07:17 PM

I see you kbb!

Originally Posted By kinkybootbeast
I really like my Mastadon email address: https://kinky.business/@kinkybootbeast. Perfect! grin

Not your email address, your web address. It's like the difference between the sealed mail that gets put in your mailbox and the address of your house on your street.

Re: There is a Kinky Mastodon Server - 11/21/22 07:19 PM

Originally Posted By Soapy

Not a good place for pros, unfortunately.

Their 7th rule:

"No offering commercial services. This place is for fun, not profit."

Because apparently profit is not fun.

Re: There is a Kinky Mastodon Server - 11/21/22 08:17 PM

Good catch.

Re: There is a Kinky Mastodon Server - 11/21/22 08:48 PM

A little ironic from a place calling itself kinkybusiness

Re: There is a Kinky Mastodon Server - 11/22/22 05:04 AM

I had the same thought.

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/22/22 05:19 AM

Thanks for straightening me out on that point, Ma'am. I jumped right in and started playing around, but am still wrapping my brain around how the software works conceptually.

Re: There is a Kinky Mastodon Server - 11/22/22 05:24 AM

Me too. I gravitated to that server for obvious reasons, but find it strange that they have a "kinky business" server on which kinky people can do no business.

Mastodon Server For Prodommes. - 11/22/22 11:09 AM

Me too. I gravitated to that server for obvious reasons, but find it strange that they have a "kinky business" server on which kinky people can do no business.

My guess is that they meant it in a cutesy way, like "Risky Business" or "Monkey Business".

Maybe a bold person should put up a server for prodommes. I think it could succeed for them like Twitter did. I had to make a special trip to Switter, whereas with Twitter I was there anyway for other reasons. The same could be true now that Mastodon is a thing.

Little reason for people to complain. Don't like it? Block that server. Poof!

Re: Mastodon Server For Prodommes. - 11/22/22 03:03 PM

My guess is that they meant it in a cutesy way, like "Risky Business" or "Monkey Business".

Maybe a bold person should put up a server for prodommes. I think it could succeed for them like Twitter did. I had to make a special trip to Switter, whereas with Twitter I was there anyway for other reasons. The same could be true now that Mastodon is a thing.

Little reason for people to complain. Don't like it? Block that server. Poof!

Yup. From what I understand, Mastodon users have complete control over their feeds so folks really can’t complain about seeing content they object to. You’re probably right about the kinky business. It’s the only thing that makes sense. I’d love to see Dommes get their own server! What a relief for them not to have to worry about those nebulous gray areas where it seems like admins can block or shadow ban accounts for whatever reason they see fit. I’m having fun exploring this software and I hope it catches on.

Re: Mastodon Social - 11/23/22 06:09 PM

Thanks for straightening me out on that point, Ma'am. I jumped right in and started playing around, but am still wrapping my brain around how the software works conceptually.

Yeah, I'm trying to get the feel of how the servers/instances work with each other; what you can or cannot do? I like the idea of server independence to keep things decentralized, though.

Re: Mastodon Server For Prodommes. - 11/23/22 06:12 PM

I think you're right.

Quote:
Maybe a bold person should put up a server for prodommes. I think it could succeed for them like Twitter did.

I would do it but would need to learn how establish and run a server. I would learn how to run a server if I didn't already have a full plate. Whoever does it needs to be prepared to deal with certain Powers That Be trying to harass and sabotage.