1763 Public Dungeon to Close October, 1st 2022

Posted by: cbtlover

1763 Public Dungeon to Close October, 1st 2022 - 07/06/22 09:16 AM

Atlanta's long running public Dungeon 1763, will close it's doors for good in October. I attended a party there in 2012, and was not impressed. Still, it sad to see another Dungeon bite the dust in these hard times.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: 1763 Public Dungeon to Close October, 1st 2022 - 07/06/22 10:48 AM

Another institution (Dungeon) bites the dust. My hat is off to them for keeping it open despite the pandemic. With that huge of a space and only being open one night a week, I am sure that was difficult.

It's My understanding that the building it's housed in has been sold. Another case of Atlanta real estate being out of control and forcing people out. Hopefully they will find a new home.

I haven't been there since it changed ownership several years ago. It was a bit downtrodden and sad the last time I was there, but I heard the new owners put some money into it and that it was nicer. I am still not comfortable with indoor gatherings so I doubt I will see it again before it closes. Sad.
Posted by: wllwrk4spankings

Re: 1763 Public Dungeon to Close October, 1st 2022 - 07/07/22 11:34 PM

I have fond memories of 1763...ditto for The Sanctuary of a Dark Angel.

Sorry to see it go.
Posted by: Mistress Kiva Krimson

Re: 1763 Public Dungeon to Close October, 1st 2022 - 07/08/22 03:05 PM

Originally Posted By cbtlover
Atlanta's long running public Dungeon 1763, will close it's doors for good in October. I attended a party there in 2012, and was not impressed. Still, it sad to see another Dungeon bite the dust in these hard times.

I was there for an after party at DomCon Atlanta. I never did a session there. I always use Atlanta Dungeon.