What do spankos get out of spanking?

Posted by: EGCG

What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/22/22 11:43 AM

Spanking isn't one of my fetishes, so I am curious as to what spankos get out of it.

I've seen some amazingly hot pictures of women in domestic discipline garb and dominatrix clothing spanking men. Spankos don't get to enjoy that visual feast. The top is behind them and the spanko is mostly likely laying on their stomach on a bed.

1. Is it enjoyment of the pain?

2. Is it a parent/authority figure fetish?

3. Is it the enjoyment of the D/s?

I'm not a masochist. I am a festishist into D/s and authority figure power play. I wonder if I could learn to tolerate and like the pain, the idea being that the pain would enhance my enjoyment of D/s. OTOH the pain could kill any arousal.

What about domestic discipline professionals who do not see themselves and dominatrixes, and who do not go beyond domestic spanking scenes.

Are they into it for the power exchange, but just don't have interest in going further into being dominatrixes?
Posted by: zxpTcEtc

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/22/22 03:43 PM

My only real interest is CP/impact play, I am a heavy pain player and most would call me a masochist. I'm rarely aroused during the scene, nor do I want to be, if I am it's because she's not playing hard enough. Power exchange is some of it, but the pain gives me a high, similar to a runners high or being drunk.... literally stumbling drunk. The high can be so intense I have to be helped down to the floor from the cross or bench and I can easily fall asleep. My Mistress gets her Domme high, but has commented several times she would like to feel what I feel just once.

Whether or not it would work for you? No one can answer that, only one way to find out.
Posted by: Spark

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/22/22 04:32 PM

Great question!

For me its not spanking specifically. its the pain and my ass is one of the safest places to hit repeatedly.

I am way more masochist, than sub. I tend to think of myself as a bottom although i am fine incorporating some femdom in a session. I dont have a domestic discipline fetish. I also dont want to think of pain as a punishment. I am turned on by it and enjoy both me and my partner having fun with beating me up.

For what its worth my pain tolerance is pretty high and on my vanilla life i enjoy a lot of hobbies that involve some level of pain. Hard workouts, ultra running etc. i think it us just how my brain is wired.

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/22/22 05:20 PM

It is mostly about the pain for you, why not do something cheaper and more culturally acceptable to get that pain?
Posted by: langerr

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/22/22 05:39 PM

Originally Posted By EGCG
It is mostly about the pain for you, why not do something cheaper and more culturally acceptable to get that pain?

Such as?
Posted by: The Thomas

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/22/22 07:50 PM

Spanking isn't one of my fetishes, so I am curious as to what spankos get out of it.

I've seen some amazingly hot pictures of women in domestic discipline garb and dominatrix clothing spanking men. Spankos don't get to enjoy that visual feast. The top is behind them and the spanko is mostly likely laying on their stomach on a bed.

I'm not a masochist. I am a festishist into D/s and authority figure power play. I wonder if I could learn to tolerate and like the pain, the idea being that the pain would enhance my enjoyment of D/s. OTOH the pain could kill any arousal.

What about domestic discipline professionals who do not see themselves and dominatrixes, and who do not go beyond domestic spanking scenes.

Are they into it for the power exchange, but just don't have interest in going further into being dominatrixes?

There are some who define fetish narrowly to apply only physical objects. They object when someone applies it to an activity. Just saying.

I have in the past defined myself as being 60% masochist and 40% submissive. I am not a pure spanko but there have been periods when I close to being one (including one when I was mostly the top) However what I am going to describe applies to my masochism in general and not just spanking.

Pain without human interaction holds no attraction for me. A punishment vibe transforms the experience (though alternatively being compelled by pain to something works) In my early days I did a lot of role play. As I developed I found that the emotional tones elicited by the role play could be more simply generated by skillful Dommes.
Posted by: zxpTcEtc

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/22/22 09:04 PM

It's not 'the pain' it's a specific pain applied in a specific manner that I'm drawn to. That specific pain is basically being smacked around by a woman, and it costs what it costs.

Slamming my hand in the door just isn't going to do it. LOL

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/23/22 01:00 AM

Good question!

I never really thought about it.

The stock answer in my head has always been high discipline karate classes or intense exercise.

Those aren't options for everyone.
Posted by: MissMary

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/23/22 02:34 AM

YES! Spanking or Spanker, the pain must be gradual, like seduction. Comfort and an ass rubbing in between, spanks is intoxicating for me, on either end of playing. It gets to a point where the pain and pleasure are one. I can't say that is totally different than traditional dungeon play. The pain is different between instruments, be it spanking or dungeon play. I love it all.
Posted by: MissMary

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/23/22 08:16 AM

Sexy is in the eyes of the beholder. The clicking of high heel shoes on the floor, either watching the spanker choose the instrument to be used or being order as she stands there in a pencil skirt with her arms folded across her chest instructing the spankee to retrieve her favorite paddle. There is plenty of delicious eye candy. Wardrobe can range from cheerleading outfits to latex nurse to vintage stockings. The sensual possibilities are endless for those, of course, who like domestic discipline.
Posted by: Curiouser

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/23/22 01:11 PM

I agree with this.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/23/22 01:31 PM

I'm not sure what EGCG had in mind, but I do know some people experience that same high from getting tattooed. But there is only so much skin . . . ;-)

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/23/22 01:33 PM

smile

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/23/22 01:35 PM

Could you refrain from using the word "tits" on this board? Most of Us find that to be derogatory and this is a DOMME board. If you must be so graphic, "breasts" is a much more respectful term.
Posted by: langerr

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/23/22 06:24 PM

No
Posted by: furfan

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/24/22 06:27 AM

Pain is always a bit of a conflict to me. The pain from spanking (cane, strap, paddle etc) is inexorably tied to the feelings of helplessness that comes from very real bondage.It is a way for gthe Domme to demonstrate her control. I don't think I could/would enjoy just bending over to be spanked but tie me down securely and the pain becomes wildly erotic.....adding things like hoods, gags,posture collars and layers of bondage makes it even better...... Put in the context of the kind of session with a trusted partner where there is only a very limited safeword and it goes off the charts.

I don't think I'm a masochist as such but in the context I've described it adds tremendously to a session.
Posted by: Ritesh Kumar

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/24/22 08:35 AM

That sounds like a great experience. I had different kinds of experience with spanking.

First kind when I was kneeling on the bed and my Domme spanked from behind. It didn't excite me that much.

Second kind where I was tied up in front of a mirror and my Domme did some light spanking. It was a very sensual experience.
Posted by: kinkybootbeast

Re: What do spankos get out of spanking? - 04/27/22 06:09 AM

I wouldn’t describe myself as a spanko because I have many other interests, but corporal was one of the first activities I tried and remains a favorite. Taking the pain for my Mistress and relaxing into it is still a unique and cathartic experience. There is definitely a psychological aspect (yes I do enjoy the D/s involved) but there is also the endorphin high. After a long break I tried corporal again and the endorphins felt like tokes off a joint when they kicked in. So you get the “ouch” followed by the “ahhhhh!!” grin