Max Fisch The Hang

Posted by: furfan

Max Fisch The Hang - 04/11/22 06:32 AM

MF has been down again this morning for the past couple of hours. Every time this happens I wonder if it will be for a few hours, a few days or forever......
Posted by: Lady Bellatrix

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/11/22 06:50 AM

Yes, I saw that too. And I wondered the same thing too...

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/11/22 07:11 AM

You have to wonder how many near death experiences it can come back from? grin
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/11/22 09:25 AM

Its domain renews in the month of July and last time it expired it was renewed for a number of years.

Some server likely just got overloaded and is waiting to be rebooted.
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/11/22 11:45 AM

Lol I just tried MF and was wondering the same thing. I figure it will come back like always but you never know.
Posted by: international

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/11/22 04:57 PM

Don't say you didn't know it...
The CIA has given us plenty of warning that Russian hackers will attack essential targets in the US!
Posted by: Mistress Kiva Krimson

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/12/22 03:11 AM

Let's hope this is the end! If it is, I will offer discounted sessions as a celebratory act.

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/12/22 05:21 AM

Man! You sure know how to hold a grudge. I know you had a bad experience on MF but not everyone had the same. I was active there back in the day when it was quite active and found it mostly interesting and informative with many quality dommes actively participating in discussions.

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/12/22 08:39 AM

Whoever offended you there will just migrate here.

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/12/22 09:16 AM

Originally Posted By furfan
Man! You sure know how to hold a grudge. I know you had a bad experience on MF but not everyone had the same. I was active there back in the day when it was quite active and found it mostly interesting and informative with many quality dommes actively participating in discussions.

I'm sure you would have a great time at a dog fight. Not having to do the fighting, makes spectating all the more fun!

I was attacked by a ruthless pack of bitches... I'm sure it was fun to watch my reputation being dragged through the mud.

Perhaps it's hard to understand, but this what I do for a living. Professional domination is how I put food on my table!

It seems you suffer from a total lack of empathy!

Shakespeare wrote "He jests at scars that never felt a wound." Was he an early Hang member also?

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/12/22 10:00 AM

All fair points.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/12/22 11:48 AM

We should throw a party at AD!

The Obligatory Whois Command Output - 04/12/22 12:17 PM

Quote:
$ whois maxfisch.com
Domain Name: MAXFISCH.COM
Registry Domain ID: 3134217_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.godaddy.com
Registrar URL: http://www.godaddy.com
Updated Date: 2021-07-24T02:20:00Z
Creation Date: 1998-07-27T04:00:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-07-26T04:00:00Z

Registrar: GoDaddy.com, LLC
Posted by: langerr

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/12/22 09:02 PM

It's back from the dust heap once more time.

How many lives can it have??????
Posted by: MissMary

Re: Speaking of Parties - 04/13/22 09:42 AM

Do you have them at the Atlantic Dungeon?

Re: Speaking of Parties - 04/13/22 10:39 AM

Hello Miss Mary. Usually not unless it's a small group. The last party we had there was for sissies only. When we have more inclusive parties (ie bigger) we have them at a larger venue.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/15/22 02:57 AM

I am afraid Shakespeare would not have been impressed by the dialogues on either of these two sites. To some extent I shared your experiences I had attacks or sparring sessions here and there. Especially since you are a professional you should realize that each of these forums have hundreds of readers, most of them silent, and while some could be attacking you or testing your patience, they don't necessarily represent the majority. As long as what you say is reasonable and coherent you should stay your ground and trust that many potential clients will sympathize. Many forums have a vocal minority which can be scary. What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/15/22 11:12 AM

The problem with MF - and it's been said a million times so I don't know why you all don't get it - is what little moderation there is there is biased. It's been heavily debated who controls the site, but if you say something negative against a certain few, the post gets taken down almost immediately. The rest of us just have to deal with it.

And for you guys that no one knows who you are, you can just change your user name (during the windows when they accept new registrants) and come back as someone else. We professionals can't do that and whatever is out there, true or not, stays there. Yes, what doesn't kill you may make you stronger, but I don't intend to jump in a pit of vipers to test the theory when I can simply walk away from it.

Komodo, no, you did not share Mistress Kiva's experience. You may have sparred on there but all that got hurt was your ego. It didn't effect your bottom line. And, yes, we all realize that there are a ton of lurkers that never participate. Those are some of the same people that use the search box and research your name before booking a session. All the more reason not to put yourself out there for a defamatory attack.

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/17/22 06:05 AM

Originally Posted By Mistress Ayn
The problem with MF - and it's been said a million times so I don't know why you all don't get it - is what little moderation there is there is biased. It's been heavily debated who controls the site, but if you say something negative against a certain few, the post gets taken down almost immediately. The rest of us just have to deal with it.

And for you guys that no one knows who you are, you can just change your user name (during the windows when they accept new registrants) and come back as someone else. We professionals can't do that and whatever is out there, true or not, stays there. Yes, what doesn't kill you may make you stronger, but I don't intend to jump in a pit of vipers to test the theory when I can simply walk away from it.

Komodo, no, you did not share Mistress Kiva's experience. You may have sparred on there but all that got hurt was your ego. It didn't effect your bottom line. And, yes, we all realize that there are a ton of lurkers that never participate. Those are some of the same people that use the search box and research your name before booking a session. All the more reason not to put yourself out there for a defamatory attack.

Mistress Ayn, I couldn't agree more...

Komodo, I'm not sure when you joined MF. I joined in the 90's when "Max" was involved and moderation was very much part of the board. At that time MF was informative and a great resource to the community. After the departure of "Max" and the lack of moderation MF became the home of trolls, stalkers, & assholes.

I've personally witnessed outings, bashings, and rip jobs, done with no objection from the "big Dommes" on the board. However, as Mistress Ayn reports "if you say something negative against a certain few, the post gets taken down almost immediately. The rest of us just have to deal with it." One sweet day MF will die permanently. I for one, can't wait!
Posted by: kinkybootbeast

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/18/22 08:36 AM

I only half noticed, to be honest. I just assumed someone would reboot the server eventually. Max seems to have more lives than Lazarus. I still like the Hang for speaking with other subs like myself, but the site has really gone down a lot over the years, especially in regards to how Dommes are treated. The general atmosphere of disrespect goes a long way to explaining why it has largely become a sausage fest. The irony of a site devoted to Femdom being so disrespectful toward the very folks it's supposed to be venerating should be lost on no one. Nevertheless, I keep returning out of habit and occasionally to chat with old friends and acquaintances. One day I expect MF will go down and never come back up again, so I'm glad this board will be here to fill the void and pick up the slack when that happens. It's nice to frequent a board where Dommes actually participate. That's a large part of why I joined MF in the first place way back when.
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Max Fisch The Hang - 04/20/22 11:21 AM

Mistress Ayn & Mistress Kiva,
I think I said this before, but it is worth repeating: I can't believe many of the people over at MF who are legit, respectful, interested in real discussion and information exchange, just come over here. ESPECIALLY since this site was redesigned to look and perform like MF. I don't get it.

I rejoined MF under this name and domina.ms a few years ago to find out what was going on in today's scene when I was contemplating an active reentry into the scene. MF is a shell of what it once was with mostly subs there and a few Mistresses contributing. There are also few of the flame wars or attacks of the '98 to '00 period when I was originally on the site under a name I have long forgotten.

Mistress Kiva, oh yes when "Max" was involved and Mistresses had active pages on MF, the site was well moderated. I joined in '98 at the request of Empress Dominique of NJ, to comment and extoll Her virtues since she had a page there.

At some point the Empress gave me permission to serve Mistress Persephone, originally from L.A. I believe, when she visited to NYC. Naively I posted a review of my session with Persephone which was mostly positive, except for a couple of things that occurred that were disappointing to me. Well... the Empress ordered me to post an apology immediately because, mostly, it reflected badly on Her since I was Her property. And I was told to ask "Max" to take down the post. I did as I was told and the matter was settled in a day or two. (I then decided NOT to do anymore reviews.)

That situation was quaint versus what has occurred in the years since MF has had no moderators and, in the past several years, almost no active pages by Mistresses on the site.

Too much nostalgia. - 04/23/22 03:28 AM

I agree with what you wrote.

I'm still there, because I was there in the early days.

To me, nostalgia is like candy. A little bit brightens your day. More than that it makes you sick.

Sadly, many of the on-topic posts there are nostalgia for prodommes and sessions of the past.

Re: Too much nostalgia. - 04/23/22 05:23 AM

I think we all tend to look back with rose coloured glasses. That's what makes nostalgia so powerful. It's only the best parts of our lives remembered.

Re: Too much nostalgia. - 04/25/22 06:17 AM

Completely true.

It can also be depressing when you realize all that is talked about is the past.

Posted by: kinkybootbeast

Re: Too much nostalgia. - 04/27/22 05:31 AM

Very true. It seems like the majority of posts are either nostalgic or complaining about how awful the scene is now, which are different sides of the same coin. The pandemic hasn’t spared professional domination. The fall out has been profound. I think it’s still possible to have a great time doing this though and hope to continue playing for as long as I can.

Old Men Talking About Glory Days - 04/28/22 10:53 AM

Yep.

It is depressing living off of the "good old days".

I hope people there go back to having experiences in the present and talking about those experiences.

Probably doesn't help that some people chased the women away be being insulting and ignorant.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Old Men Talking About Glory Days - 04/29/22 01:08 PM

"Probably doesn't help that some people chased the women away be being insulting and ignorant."

+1