Are sessions seasonal?

Posted by: Komodo

Are sessions seasonal? - 12/02/21 02:04 AM

I know, we have sessions around the year. But is there seasonality to it? For me, there is. I am much more likely to do it in summer than in winter, in good weather rather than in bad. However while I have good reasons for this, I do not think they are general, but my impression is that the tendency is universal. Am I right about this?

What about Holydays? Are sessions more or less likely at these times? For me less, but is this the rule? On one hand you have free time, on the other you are not at the office and you are supposed to be with family.

For me the day I am most likely to have a session is the day I can walk to the office.
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Are sessions seasonal? - 12/02/21 12:39 PM

For me seasons or holidays have nothing to do with when I session. My situation is I am married and have very little opportunity when I am free to session so when I get the opportunity I try to take it.
Posted by: furfan

Re: Are sessions seasonal? - 12/02/21 12:48 PM

Somewhat similar situation for me in that I am from a small city. When I travel to a major center and have time I session
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Are sessions seasonal? - 12/02/21 01:14 PM

When I was active in sessions, the only slow I noticed was when school was getting ready to start. There was a lull from late August to mid September.

Re: Are sessions seasonal? - 12/02/21 02:32 PM

It is what it is so I understand what you say. But days are smaller, snow makes travel more difficult, and maybe this applies more to the suburbs of the big cities, where most of the guys who work in the big cities come from.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Are sessions seasonal? - 12/02/21 02:38 PM

I can only speak for Myself, but I have had others agree with Me that fall is the busiest time of year. The time right around Christmas and the week between Christmas and New Years are usually slow but I usually take that time off Myself.

Re: Are sessions seasonal? - 12/02/21 08:21 PM

Thanks for your input. And for being the first who addresses the Holydays issue. I did notice similar patterns from the mistresses I follow.
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Are sessions seasonal? - 12/03/21 10:08 AM

In short, yes, sessions can be seasonal. Here is my experience.

In a recent thread on MF on Mistresses you could bring back one last time from retirement I mentioned Mistress Melora, now retired, who practiced out of her apartment on the East Side of Manhattan. I saw her several times a year from the mid-1990s until she retired in the early 2000s.

I always saw her on early or mid-weekend mornings, especially Thanksgiving weekend or on a Sunday in December, before Christmas and after all my shopping was done. My roleplay has been for years, "Me sub Tarzan, you Amazon Queen," and sessioning this time of year was more exhilarating, maybe true stress relief, since my "holiday duties" were completed. The sessions were presents to myself. That also happened once a year in winter for a few years. The night before, or a few hours before I would take the red-eye and leave a major convention I'd help sneak the Mistress into my room for a session. Again, stress relief and being minutes away from a Mistress I knew well.

In addition, with my particular roleplay / fetish the warm weather of spring until early fall gets me in the "jungle" mood, sometimes sessioning with little or no A/C on. I have taken chances with a couple of Mistresses I knew well where we took some chances and sessioned in public or quasi-public spaces. The hot weather got us in the right frame of mind. LOL!
Posted by: langerr

Re: Are sessions seasonal? - 12/03/21 12:26 PM

There's no seasonality to when I session, it's once or more a month throughout the year.

But I don't session around the holidays, from a week or so before Christmas until a week or more after New Years. That's family time for me, and it seems a lot of Dommes take days off around that time as well.