Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why?

Posted by: Soapy

Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/25/21 07:35 AM

Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why?

I will not say "tin foil hats" - 11/25/21 07:53 AM

I will not say "tin foil hats", as I can't remember actual *tin* foil being sold since I was a child.

Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/25/21 08:51 AM

People tend to like familiarity. My guess is they stick with what they are accustomed to using. I will ask, upfront, that no one gets into politics on this thread.
Posted by: langerr

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/25/21 07:07 PM

I heard lots of complaints from Dommes about losing emails in the early days. I don't know if that's still the case, but memories like that linger.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/25/21 09:11 PM

I've used protonmail for about two years. I'm really into cybersecurity and wanted the best. Finally I had enough and switched email providers. I really REALLY did not want to switch because it was a hassle.

but Protomail is, by far, the WORST email provider I've ever had. About 30% of the time my email replies NEVER SENT. If you left the page too early after hitting "send", the emails wouldn't send or they'd send blank. Probably because their servers are in another country. I use email as my primary form of contact, so as you can guess it was very upsetting when I realized how often this was happening and how many people I "ghosted".

On top of emails just straight up not sending, or sending blank, when they did send they'd get put into spam. Many emails providers, like gmail and Outlook, will automatically put emails from protonmail in spam because many scam artists prefer using protonmail.

Posted by: The Thomas

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/26/21 02:31 PM

Originally Posted By DommeLynx
I've used protonmail for about two years. I'm really into cybersecurity and wanted the best. Finally I had enough and switched email providers. I really REALLY did not want to switch because it was a hassle.

but Protomail is, by far, the WORST email provider I've ever had. About 30% of the time my email replies NEVER SENT. If you left the page too early after hitting "send", the emails wouldn't send or they'd send blank. Probably because their servers are in another country. I use email as my primary form of contact, so as you can guess it was very upsetting when I realized how often this was happening and how many people I "ghosted".

On top of emails just straight up not sending, or sending blank, when they did send they'd get put into spam. Many emails providers, like gmail and Outlook, will automatically put emails from protonmail in spam because many scam artists prefer using protonmail.

A very informative response to a presumptuous question
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/27/21 03:54 AM

I have and use Protonmail.com. I've never had any problems with it. Protonmail.com is much better than gmail.com.

They also don't feed your confidential information to the feds, and sell it to big tech.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/27/21 01:14 PM

I used it in a a secondary account and had no problems, it looked better than I expected. There are some limitations for the free version, but not enough to bother me. On the other hand I did not try to deal with more advanced features like redirection, filtering so there I don't know.
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/27/21 03:22 PM

Originally Posted By Nomasks
Originally Posted By MsRoseWoods
I have and use Protonmail.com. I've never had any problems with it. Protonmail.com is much better than gmail.com.

They also don't feed your confidential information to the feds, and sell it to big tech.

Sure they don't.... smile and if you send your DNA to a genealogy site, they will never give your info to the feds either. Has never ever ever happened. Not once.

I don't tolerate mansplaining! Be respectful of the Ladies on this site or go back to the hang.

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 11/28/21 03:26 AM

Originally Posted By The Thomas

A very informative response to a presumptuous question

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/presumptuous

Quote:

overstepping due bounds (as of propriety or courtesy) : taking liberties

Asking a general question to no individual in particular about an email provider is not "overstepping due bounds".

Have a good weekend.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Prodommes who do NOT use protonmail. Why? - 12/02/21 02:34 PM

I was using secure, private, paid email long before protonmail became the in thing. I have also heard some Dommes complain about the functionality of protonmail, but that was in the beginning. Hopefully they have worked that out. I do agree that all Dommes should be using some form of secure email - however, it's only secure on one end. If the client uses gmail or the like there is no security regardless of what email the Dommes uses.