Mainstream Ds Movies

Posted by: Cheyenne

Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/19/21 04:15 AM

Another poster mentioned the movie, The Secretary. When it came out some years back, I bought the dvd but never made time to watch it. I revisited the trailer. It looks like a fun watch. I've got to see it. (No spoiler alerts for those you have, please.) It also looks as close to an actual Ds relationship that I have seen portrayed in a movie. Here is the trailer. Have you seen any movies that touch on this subject in a way that is realistic?

Posted by: ScoobyBelfast

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/19/21 05:06 AM

That trailer is hot as fuck! I'd like it better if the genders were reversed. But, yeah, I see a movie night coming up. What is the bar she has across her shoulders called?
Posted by: furfan

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/19/21 09:29 AM

Originally Posted By ScoobyBelfast
That trailer is hot as fuck! I'd like it better if the genders were reversed. But, yeah, I see a movie night coming up. What is the bar she has across her shoulders called?

A yoke....sort of the same family as fiddles

https://www.extremerestraints.com/bondag...ASAAEgLtsvD_BwE
Posted by: Mistress UV

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/19/21 03:24 PM

I have been in love with this movie since I saw it... before I even really knew what BDSM was! I must've been 14 or 15 when I first saw an extremely censored version of it on TV. I consider it a classic.
And yes... a gender reversed version of this would be even better!
Posted by: AspX

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/19/21 08:14 PM

Not a great depiction of a real D/s relationship but its completely non-judgemental of it. I have loved it since I first saw it & think you will enjoy it.
Posted by: The Thomas

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/19/21 08:41 PM

I saw Secretary and enjoyed it. However the protagonist is shown to have deep psychological problems and Spader's character has some serious flaws as well. This sort of implies that only psychologically damaged people are into BDSM.

I would like some day to see Polanski's Venus in Fur which is based on a play loosely inspired by Sacher-Masoch's (in)famous novella. I was tempted to see the play when it was on Broadway a few years ago but didn't. There is an Australian film called My Mistress that intrigues me as well.

Lastly I will bring up 9 1/2 Weeks. It is somewhat realistic (it is based on a woman's memoirs). I remembered that when I first saw it I had high expectations but was a bit disappointed by its BDSM element which could've been a little more overt. I found it to be a bit of a tease and not in a good way. Years later I watched it again. I still found it to be a tease but I was also disturbed by what seemed to be a vaguely antisexual tone to the last quarter of the film.
Posted by: nysubjack

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/19/21 11:11 PM

There is a 1977 Joseph Wambaugh film called The Choir Boys that has a profession Domme as a character in the plot. It's not an especially flattering depiction of professional domination or their clients, but it has some very interesting DS scenes. Spoiler alert, it doesn't end well for the Domme or the client, overall it deals with the psychological challenges of life as a police officer.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 03:01 AM

I finally watched it. It was good. I went in with high expectations. So, I wasn't blown away. But, definitely a good movie. The ending was perfect. I can't imagine watching it as a teenager. Now that would have blown my mind. My high school boyfriend and I were naughty enough. That would have definitely put us over the top. lol.

If there was a part two, how do you see it? The ending looked as if she had become a stay at home housewife. Maybe the tables get turned?

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 03:01 AM

Exactly. No judgements, as if it was a normal every day thing. I did enjoy it. I watched it last night on Amazon.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 03:09 AM

Originally Posted By The Thomas
I saw Secretary and enjoyed it. However the protagonist is shown to have deep psychological problems and Spader's character has some serious flaws as well. This sort of implies that only psychologically damaged people are into BDSM.

I was left wondering about that too. It was presented in a way that they looked to BDSM for healing. At least, that was my take on it. I'd guess that sums about about 1/4 of the people into kink. It would be fun to have a movie come that doesn't take that route. In fact, it is surprising that a series hasn't come out along those lines.

I would like some day to see Polanski's Venus in Fur which is based on a play loosely inspired by Sacher-Masoch's (in)famous novella. I was tempted to see the play when it was on Broadway a few years ago but didn't. There is an Australian film called My Mistress that intrigues me as well.

I've got to check this out. Thanks for the information.

Lastly I will bring up 9 1/2 Weeks. It is somewhat realistic (it is based on a woman's memoirs). I remembered that when I first saw it I had high expectations but was a bit disappointed by its BDSM element which could've been a little more overt. I found it to be a bit of a tease and not in a good way. Years later I watched it again. I still found it to be a tease but I was also disturbed by what seemed to be a vaguely antisexual tone to the last quarter of the film.

It has been years since I've seen that movie. I so love Kim Basinger. I've got to see that again.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 03:11 AM

I'm intrigued now. I will have to check it out.
Posted by: MissMary

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 05:31 AM

Part Two! Did they get into cuckholding? Maybe Mr. Grey comes home to find his wife disciplining the housekeeper? A little bi? Is he a closet masochist? Still waters appear to run deep with Mr. Grey. Ms. Holloway could surprise too. Masochists can make the best tops. The possibilities are endless. I'm hosting a fetish party in October. My play group is big on themes. Maybe it will be up to the imagination for the couples to come dressed as what would have happened in the next chapter. They gave us a sequel to the lame 50 Shades of Grey. The Secretary is the movie that deserved one.
Posted by: Spark

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 02:57 PM

I always thought Lucy Liu in payback was a great dominatrix.

Movie came out in the late 90’s when i was a teenager and hadn't seen much femdom in videos before. It was one of the first time i had seen a dominatrix in action.

Intense scene and i still get excited thinking about it.
Posted by: MayaMidnight

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 08:20 PM

Lucy Liu really got typecast as a dominatrix! I can see it.

It's not a D/s movie by any means but that one scene in Charlie's Angels was formative. Check it out.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 10:19 PM

I cannot believe this movie is so old, seems like yesterday when I've got it. To my mind one of the best movies nobody heard about with a BDSM theme is After Fall, Winter. It is very good on its own, nevermind the main character being a mistress. It just looks like a love story, with the BDSM snippets realistic but not the main theme. Obviously I have it, but I jut checked now, it is still available on Amazon.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/20/21 11:37 PM

Thanks! I watched the trailer. This looks like a good watch. As funny as this will sound, I'm saving this one for when my mother comes to stay with me in August. She is as innocent and vanilla as a person can be. But she likes edgy shows now and then. The series about the Hollywood Sm sex cult is on the list too. Anything to save me from the garbage tv she usually watches. Being in the same room with the Bachlorette and Hallmark blaring makes taking a bull whipping looking easy.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/21/21 05:43 AM

Not a movie but the British series "Secret Diary of a Call Girl" had some episodes with BDSM themes. Both Gemma Chan and Billie Piper made for very hot Dommes! smile

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/21/21 08:07 AM

Another movie that comes to mind is "Exit to Eden". Not because it is worth watching (it is awful) but because it is an example of a missed opportunity. Ann Rice's book with it's BDSM resort in paradise setting and a Domme falling for an indentured slave was a great story and, as a bestselling book it had huge potential as a film.

It's just too bad the filmmakers had to give into the temptation to snicker about BDSM and turn it into a farce.
Posted by: Tristan

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/22/21 12:09 AM

Ya know... I think you are onto something here.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/22/21 12:14 AM

> 9 1/2 Weeks

The book was a lot better. Like the movie, she got involved with a stockbroker guy with some money. Unlike the movie, she went deep down the rabbit hole of being a completely naked (except sometimes she wore one of his dress shirts), subbie slave girl.

But she was sort of a "kept woman". She wasn't really permitted to do anything for herself - he did everything and controlled everything. She was just sort of this naked sexual plaything that was completely cared for.

It was an interesting book.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/22/21 12:19 AM

Huh. Never heard of it. I'll have to check that out.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/22/21 12:21 AM

Yeah, that movie was a total piece of shit.

But the book was amazing! Anne Rice is fantastic. I highly recommend watching it.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/22/21 12:53 AM

There's a movie called Hard Candy which starred Ellen Page... who castrates Patrick Wilson's character, Jeff...

Page plays a 14 year old Hayley Stark, who, it seems, is being targeted by a 34 year old Jeff. There's a thriller aspect to this movie, and a lot of non-consensual rapey stuff that Hayley pulls off (heh).

-- --

The Book of Revelation (2006). An Australian art film, centers on a male ballet dancer (so he's got a great bod). He's kidnapped by three women, held captive chained in a warehouse somewhere for like a month, and essentially raped by the women. I think they did it out of boredom, and because this guy had a rockin' bod. They wear masks the whole time and he's kept naked and chained.

-- --

Professor Marston And The Wonder Women (2017) is a non-fiction (but way embellished) movie about the dude who invented Wonder Woman and sold it to DC comics back in the 50's. Apparently he and his wife lived with a woman in a triad and I had no idea the Wonder Woman comics were that kinky. Especially for the 1950's.

-- --

Lexx - the old TV show from HBO or whatever is some sci fi wanking show. I've seen bits of it. Can't remember how much BDSM is in it.

-- --

Oh... and while we're on TV shows... How about HBO's Rome? A very historically accurate dramatization set in the 1st century BC, during Ancient Rome's transition from Republic to Empire. The series features a sprawling cast of characters, many based on real figures from historical records, but the lead protagonists are ultimately two soldiers named Lucius Vorenus and Titus Pullo, who find their lives intertwined with key historical events. Mainly, Julius Caesar's civil war and rise to become dictator.

Anyway, its a great show from the historical aspect. Oh and of course, sex slaves. Real, actual sex slaves.

Its funny to me, but the stuff we do at BDSM parties and whatnot is not new. Not at all. I'm convinced its somehow intertwined into humanity itself on some base level... at least for some of us.

Oh and Fun Fact: Latin was THE spoken language for 2,700 years or so AND YET there are NO words for strait, gay, or bisexual, because those distinctions were foreign to them. As far as we can tell, in ancient Rome, pretty much everyone was pansexual. Gender and sex were somewhat irrelevant. No one cared if you were a male Senator having sex with young boys. They ONLY cared about who was the Top and who was the bottom. Gods forbid a powerful Senator was found being fucked in the ass by a slave - his reputation would be ruined because he was caught being a bottom.

And don't kid yourself, Latin was just as sophisticated and nuanced as English is - they simply didn't think of/care to/give a damn about labeling any sort of gender preference when it came to sex.

-- --

AND how about Rome's dirty little cousin, Spartacus? It was like a lower budget ripoff of Rome about gladiators (LOTS of muscular male slaves with big cocks), lots of naked slave girls, lots of rich lords and ladies living a life of privilege routinely sexually serviced by the slaves. Oh and political intrigue. Oh and Lucy Lawless Xena warrior princess as one of the ladies and she's naked a lot and has little slave girls play with and rub her pussy when the mood strikes her.

Oh and I guess they actually tried to stick to the historical slave revolution that actually was started by Spartacus, but eh... it was done sort of half assed, and then the actor died from cancer (which was shocking he was in great shape and pretty buff) and I think that ended the show.

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/22/21 01:12 AM

Another Life is a sci fi series that is on Netflix staring Katee Sackhoff.

As a sci fi fan, I had some issues with some of the shit in the story... but the humans launch a ship in search of aliens that recently contacted them.

But what was interesting - the character Zayn Petrossian, the ships medical officer, is non-binary. The character wears skirts and makeup and things like that, but seems to have been born male.

What's even more interesting - NO ONE says shit about it ever. Nothing. More or less nothing. NO ONE cares. The character just does its job, and is friendly and all that, and no one says shit about it.

And I'm not saying they should. In contrast to characters from Secretary, that seemed to have some emotional issues and were dealing with them by embracing BDSM, the doc on this ship is regarded no differently than any other character on the show.

And the actor is also non-binary.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/22/21 03:50 AM

I liked Hard Candy, and lots of other Ellen Page movies. When I look at a movie, if it has something to spice it up all the better but I still want it to be a good movie. As such Rome was good, Spartacus not so much. Since you seem to have very diverse interests I suggest you look for Radley Metzger as a director with movies like The Image and as far as non fiction for the yam festival.
Posted by: TedBCruisin

Re: Mainstream Ds Movies - 07/23/21 09:58 AM

This an oldie. Eating Raoul is a dark comedy that spoofs ProDom. Basically, a married couple with no interest or understanding of BDSM is trying to raise money to quite their jobs and start a restaurant. They get the idea for the wife to get into doing sessions from the ProDom that lives their apartment building. If you don't mind twisted humor, this is a fun flick. Sense then, I haven't many mainstream films. Exit to Eden came along and scarred me for life. laugh