Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch?

Posted by: NameNotFound

Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/11/21 12:54 PM

From what I've gathered, it seemed like the place to be got femdom enthusiasts. I would like to join the party, even if its very late, but the registration process doesn't work.

When i click on 'register user' button it gives me forum rules in strange alien language. When i click proceed it just reloads the page without having any effect. I even tried using the site in Internet Explorer (ugh), but same thing happenes.

A Google search reveals that this has been an issue since 2015 or so. But then I have seen posts fro users registered as recent as 2020. Is there anything I can do?

A side note: I tried to find out more about the website and, according to:
https://who.is/whois/maxfisch.com
The domain is set in 2 weeks. Will the site even be online after that?
Posted by: Mistrix Violeta

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/11/21 01:16 PM

I had the same problem with MF last year when I tried to sign up. Tried over and over and it wouldn't create my account. Then one day I got magically accepted and my account was made. I don't know what's up with that site. eek
Posted by: furfan

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/11/21 02:32 PM

What appear to be absentee Admins. The site is getting buggy-er all the time. I keep expecting it to be gone everytime I click on the link in my book marks. Used to be great discussions there with multiple prominant Dommes active....pretty quiet these days.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/11/21 11:09 PM

Did it just happen on the first try, some random day, or did it happen after you kept trying repeatedly in one go?

If it was the second case, I can use a bot which keeps clicking register button repeatedly, until it finally works. If it was the first case, I don't think there's anything I can do.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/11/21 11:21 PM

Since the site is online, someone must be paying the hosting fee. It seems like whosoever is doing so just isn't interested in fixing things, or just doesn't know how to.

BTW, has anyone though of archiving the site? That way, even if it goes down (probably will) , at least the discussions that happened there over the years would still be around.
Posted by: AspX

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/12/21 02:37 AM

I have been a member there for longer than I can remember & I can tell you research will get you nothing. The site has almost died and gone off-line for days/weeks multiple times on the last few years.

There is an admin who basically just allows it to continue running on the servers it is currently on, which are glitchy. No one on the board knows why the site still operates considering it has been ignored for 5 years or so (the creation of the Buzz was a reaction to the expectation that MF was going to be shut down after an ownership change years ago) but its probably because it costs next to nothing; isn't a headache since they choose to not be involved; and like the archive of all the old interactions.

The domain actually did expire either last year or 2019 and it looked like that was the end, but then it was renewed about two weeks later. In that time The Buzz had a huge uptick in both members & posts (many of whom have stayed here).

As for getting an account, my guess is that your problem is that it is glitching when you are trying to create the account. Considering how long it takes for just clicking on posts sometimes, my guess is that its going to be a hit & miss proposition. Which is why you are better off just participating and growing this community since most of the MF regulars will end up here once it finally dies.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/13/21 05:10 AM

Originally Posted By AspX

You are better off just participating and growing this community since most of the MF regulars will end up here once it finally dies.

I didn't really plan participate there.

The main reason I wanted to make an account is because of the discussions happened on the site over the past year. I would love to read them but currently only the threads from past 30 or so days are accessible.

I couldn't find a way to search. The site isn't properly indexed any search engines, and changing time period of visible posts from the buttom doesn't work.

I thought if I was logged in, I might be able to search the topics of interest, or at least change the time period of posts. But I guess I'll just have to forget about that.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/13/21 11:30 AM

You are correct that there is a search function and the option to go back further if you are logged on... And there is a lot of great discussions and reviews if you can go back.

To be clear, I wasn't saying not to go to MF... I was just trying to explain that in it's current state it is extremely frustrating to deal with and nothing about that is going to change or get better.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/13/21 02:36 PM

To be clear, I wasn't saying not to go to MF... I was just trying to explain that in it's current state it is extremely frustrating to deal with and nothing about that is going to change or get better.

It's cool, I never took it as such. And yes you're right, I'll just be wasting my time, trying to do anything on that site.
Posted by: ScoobyBelfast

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/14/21 02:27 AM

I tried a few times too with no luck. They have some interesting topics from time to time. But I don't have the patience to have to work to get registered.
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 05:06 AM

Why would anyone care? Maxfisch might have been a useful resource in it's heyday. It's become a bottomless pit of unmoderated bile.
With no moderation, these type boards can quickly become the home of stalkers and trolls. Let's hope this time Maxfisch just fades away.
Posted by: bcd

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 05:27 AM

I was one of those very active ones on The Hang. I'm here now, but not enough time to post much. I've seen a few, but not many of the old timers. In fact I will do a post right after I read this thread about the passing of a friend there.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 05:27 AM

I've been a member of MF's "The Hang" since 2005. Maybe I wasn't on the right boards (mostly the lobby, reviews, health and a couple of Domme boards when they were active) but I have never seen or experienced the type of thing you are describing.

When it was more active my experience with MF was positive with thoughtful discussion and regular participation from an interesting cross section of people......including some prominent and very well respected Domme's

I'm still on the Hang from time to time more out of habit than anything else but let's face it, discussion forums without lively activity aren't very appealing. I had hope for this place as an alternative but lack of participation and activity is an issue here as well. I recently put up duplicate posts regarding predicament play here and on MF. In 24 hours there were 3 responses and 88 views here....0 responses and 44 views on MF. Back in the day on MF the discussion would probably be multi pages in the 1st 24 hours.

Another example.... there are 7 Domboards here and 5 of them have been completely inactive for 4+ months. I guess other forms of social media have taken over as a way for Dommes to interact with potential subs and to get their names out there.

Sorry that your experience on MF was obviously different but it wasn't universal to all.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 06:16 AM

I've been personally attacked on Maxfisch. With the exception of Mistress Chloe, none of those prominent and very well respected Dommes, said a fucking word in my defense. For you to say that several Dommes and dungeons have not had their reputations damaged on Maxfisch is disingenuous.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 06:22 AM

I'm sorry if you had a bad experience on the site. But since I've found out about the site, I've only seen troll/hate posts on the politics section. But as a non US citizen, I don't care about it anyway since it's primarily about domestic U.S. politics.

I haven't found anything bad elsewhere. Again our experiences may vary, I only found out about the site this year.

I beg to differ, as I stated in another post the site probably has the largest collection of a wide range interesting topics, from the era it was relevant. Even if the site is no longer functional, it would be a shame for those posts to get lost.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 10:02 AM

Not sure when you had your bad experiences. Most of my activity on MF was early 2000's and it tapered off 5-6 years ago when the place started to become less active. It's only in the past year or so that I have started visiting and posting a bit again.

I'll just reiterate that your account of your experience on MF is very different than what I have experienced over the past 20 years and leave it at that.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 10:49 AM

I will probably regret sticking my nose in here but I think you are both right. MF when actually run by Max was a very different place & my early experiences on that board were amazing. Which is when furfan is talking about.

The experience, especially for Dommes, since it was sold the second time & then just mildly maintained but no longer moderated is extremely different. Which is the time period Miss Rose Woods is speaking about with both bitterness and truth.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 11:55 AM

Thank you AspX. Several of the Dommes who are members of this board are here for the very same reason I am. Responsible moderation is the key to a successful board. Especially when reputations are at stake. While I agree there was a time in the distant past when Maxfisch was a close knit group. There were still several witch burnings, completely sanctioned by the inner circle of Maxfisch.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/15/21 12:03 PM

I will probably regret sticking my nose in here but I think you are both right. MF when actually run by Max was a very different place & my early experiences on that board were amazing. Which is when furfan is talking about.

The experience, especially for Dommes, since it was sold the second time & then just mildly maintained but no longer moderated is extremely different. Which is the time period Miss Rose Woods is speaking about with both bitterness and truth.

Fair enough. I guess in retrospect I was referring to the time when Dommes like Troy Orleans, Janet Spenser, Mistress Servalan, Mistress Michelle Lacy,Domina Caitlin etc etc were still active there on a daily basis.
Posted by: Mistress Kiva Krimson

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/17/21 03:58 PM

Originally Posted By MsRoseWoods
I've been personally attacked on Maxfisch. With the exception of Mistress Chloe, none of those prominent and very well respected Dommes, said a fucking word in my defense. For you to say that several Dommes and dungeons have not had their reputations damaged on Maxfisch is disingenuous.

Preach it Sister! I have been the victim of a monkey knife attack by one of those "prominent and very well respected Dommes." She tried her damnedest to ruin my career. When I read worshipful posts about the good ol'days at Max Fisch. It makes me physically ill.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/18/21 09:31 AM

I have to agree. I'm sorry that these two people had such bad experiences on the MF Boards...... but I have to say I have been there on and off since around 2000 or so (my current account is from 2005) and can't really recall this kind of thing. Was the harassment on a particular forum or done via PM? I spent 95+% of my time in the Lobby, Reviews and the Health forums. I stopped browsing there a lot after the Directory stopped being updated around 2015 so perhaps the bad stuff was after that date?
Posted by: ztrade

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/18/21 06:42 PM

m f seems to be down or not responding today or as of a few days ago!

I hate the idea of losing the archive of useful posts!

z

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/18/21 08:16 PM

Was it today that the domain registration was expiring?

I think that happened once before in recent years and it was gone for a week or two and then reappeared.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/18/21 09:58 PM

I've been a member of MF before the domain was even registered and it was operating as FemDom.com. What Ms Rose Woods and Mistress Kiva are describing has gone on from the beginning. It would usually get shut down pretty quickly by the other posters. It made the person launching the attack look like an idiot and, usually, because they were. Now that there is a much lower volume of posters, the occasional attack goes unnoticed. Even if the instigating poster doesn't get banned or the thread locked, the general consensus is that the people involved in the attack are losers.
Posted by: Mistress Kiva Krimson

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/18/21 11:11 PM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
I've been a member of MF before the domain was even registered and it was operating as FemDom.com. What Ms Rose Woods and Mistress Kiva are describing has gone on from the beginning. It would usually get shut down pretty quickly by the other posters. It made the person launching the attack look like an idiot and, usually, because they were. Now that there is a much lower volume of posters, the occasional attack goes unnoticed. Even if the instigating poster doesn't get banned or the thread locked, the general consensus is that the people involved in the attack are losers.

The general consensus of Max Fisch posters knowing attacks were done by losers is problematic. Potential clients who saw these posts on Google were not privy to such information. My reputation was damaged, and my life was threatened. Like Ms Rose Woods, I was not defended. I am glad to see Max Fisch is not responding. Maybe this time it's gone for good.

Moderators and members of Domina.ms have been savagely attacked on Max Fisch. Dismissing this fact as harmless is insulting! I am very close to disclosing the member names responsible for these shameless attacks.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 02:45 AM

Since it sounds like at this point you are more interested in reading than posting eventually this will work out. In the mean while it got you here where most of the posts in the last year are similar. Keep trying but not too hard, and leave days between tries. Ultimately it will work. It is worth doing because the legacy is fantastic, and the further you go back the better the content is.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 02:52 AM

I didn't mean to imply that attacks on MF are harmless. It is terrible that you and Ms Rose Woods had this happen to you. I wish I had seen it. I certainly would have defended you and worked to get it stopped. Back in the day when MF had higher volume, attacks like this usually didn't go undefended. I've been attacked on MF too. Sadly, a lot of women have. Every time it seems like lights out for good on MF, it comes back online. This time will probably be no different. Any time someone sees at an attack or ambush on MF, please send me a PM. I don't know that it will be effective but I will do whatever possible to help.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 03:45 AM

Tbh I would love to post here but being young and inexperienced, I just don't have many relevant things to say. I hope it will change one day.

I did give up on it. But I guess I'll try what you said!

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 03:46 AM

According to the link I posted originally, it expires 5 days from today.
But it is down for me too right now.
Posted by: nycdogman

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 07:00 AM

I too have been a longtime member of maxfisch. I lost interest after "Max" went missing. I became active again in 2012. When new ownership resulted in needed changes, and updates. I was also glad to see the return of administrative moderation. Sadly the new "Max" was short lived.

Unfortunately Courteousness and civility are no longer the norm. A board having the potential to harm must be moderated.

There has always been despicable behavior associated with sundry members of maxfisch. It's my opinion that a few old guard mistresses are responsible for the majority of it. These woman have been settling personal scores, petty grievances, and turf wars, on maxfisch since the beginning. They use sock puppet accounts, one time posters, and personal zombies, to do their dirty work.

I don't understand why you are so protective and supportive of maxfisch. I've witnessed you being dragged through the mud on countless occasions. Those political forum regulars did everything but take out a hit on you.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 08:20 AM

Originally Posted By nycdogman
I too have been a longtime member of maxfisch. I lost interest after "Max" went missing. I became active again in 2012. When new ownership resulted in needed changes, and updates. I was also glad to see the return of administrative moderation. Sadly the new "Max" was short lived.

Almost from the beginning the original MF went missing. The site has never had consistent administration. No one wants over censorship. But, I agree that it has been handled in an irresponsible manner over the years.

Unfortunately Courteousness and civility are no longer the norm. A board having the potential to harm must be moderated.

There has always been despicable behavior associated with sundry members of maxfisch. It's my opinion that a few old guard mistresses are responsible for the majority of it. These woman have been settling personal scores, petty grievances, and turf wars, on maxfisch since the beginning. They use sock puppet accounts, one time posters, and personal zombies, to do their dirty work.

There are plenty of sock puppet accounts. I don't doubt that for a minute. But, "Old guard mistresses" being mainly responsible, I'm not so sure about. There is one that has been speculated about. Eons ago the original MF did an audit. It was privately revealed that she had dozens of screen names. So, it wouldn't be surprising if she is still up to her old tricks. But, for the most part, I don't see the older ladies having the desire or time to launch attacks. Most have moved on from the business and those who haven't are too busy working their fannies off for silly drama. When I was an active session dom, I was the target of petty attacks by local doms who were unhappy that I was busy when they weren't. It wasn't fun. But, they got shut down pretty quickly from other posters. A few even went out of business. When MF had a higher volume of posters, the site was pretty good at self policing. It shouldn't have been that way. The admin who set it up should have been more responsible. I'm not defending that in anyway, shape or form. I'm just sharing my first hand experience.

I don't understand why you are so protective and supportive of maxfisch. I've witnessed you being dragged through the mud on countless occasions. Those political forum regulars did everything but take out a hit on you.

I'm not protective over the site. If it didn't come back up, I'd miss having contact with a few posters. But, overall, it wouldn't bother me if MF vanished for good. I've certainly been dragged through the mud over the years. Most successful doms have. My reviews were 100% glowing. But, you get the nonsense too. The political section is just a hobby in retirement. Ignoring the toxicity, I've actually learned a lot. The debates has pushed to me research, learn and understand where people with different views are coming from. It beats watching tv at 4am when it is too dark to jog and I've got to be quiet because everyone in the house is sleeping. With the exception of the unstable man who launched a delusional attack against my family and made up bizarre things about my late husband last year, I laugh off the goofball curmudgeons in the political section. Even with the completely weird attack last year, no one in their right mind would have believed a word of the psycho rant. The guy got banned but it is still up there for anyone to see. It is wrong. In no way am I defending or dismissing the harm crazy attacks can cause, especially with young doms. Even with Yelp and Google reviews about coffee shops or plumbers, it is easy to pick out the embittered nutjobs. Still, responsible admin would remove that garbage. [i]

[i]For the doms who are still active, it is horrible that people can attack them anonymously. My guess would be it comes from bitter "Competition," or a bitter unstable client. If MF comes back up, I will keep an eye for petty attacks. I feel bad that I missed the ones on Ms Rose Woods and Mistress Kiva. It may not have helped but I would have defended them and rallied to get the thread locked. Of course, it still doesn't make it right.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 09:28 AM

You may lock the thread, if you think it's appropriate.

I didn't know about the hostility that went there. I'm sorry for those who have experienced it. It's wrong without question. question. It wasn't my intention to spark a debate about it.

I just wanted to know if its possible to make an account. I just wanted to explore the site, most of which remains hidden from me. It's clear no one knows how to make one, not sure of its even possible or not. I don't think I'll find a solution here.

Edit: as luck would have it, MF is live again (for better or for worse). And registrations are working now.
Posted by: Soapy

Looks like you found a way to make the account - 07/19/21 03:47 PM

http://www.maxfisch.com/thehang/ubbthreads.php/users/35444/NameNotFound

Re: Looks like you found a way to make the account - 07/19/21 04:19 PM

Yes! It took a while but I finally figured it out.
Here's what needs to be done:
Step 1. Click register button.
Step 2. Accept board rules and click continue.
Step 3. Pray. (the most important step)
Step 4. Keep repeating till this works, neglecting other things in life. Priorities.

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 04:20 PM

Sometimes, threads get hijacked. I'm sorry if that bothered you. It is good to know that the registration on MF is working again and site is back up. Enjoy MF. I'm present there too. :-)

Re: Is there any way to make an account on Maxfisch? - 07/19/21 07:53 PM

It's back up now... Which means it's doing it's normal b.s. of limping along