Lost Interest In Pro Sessions!

Posted by: MikeyRedShoes

Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 06/30/21 08:35 AM

I saw this topic on The Hang "RETIRING FROM PROFESSIONAL SESSIONS." http://www.maxfisch.com/thehang/ubbthreads.php/posts/1783725

I would like to hear the opinions of Buzz members.

Angry young social media "dommes" with their hairy underarms, legs, and crotch. Have damn near caused me to loose interest in BDSM. Why should I spend $400 an hour to be with a rage filled, virtue signaling, non-binary, social justice warrior?

When did women decide not to be proud about being female?

Whats with all this non-binary bullshit?

When did being a Twitter member make someone an expert on world politics?

Why do these social media "dommes" want to alienate middle class men?

When will the madness stop?

Should I just go to an antifa protest to find my next Mistress?

Is green a natural hair color?

What happened to classy, well educated, cultured, artistic, Mistresses?

Did they all retire and leave us poor subs with nothing but these hairy, social affirmation craving, Twitter shrews?

Have you lost all desire to session with your fantasy domme, after you read the hate filled horseshit she writes on social media?

Excessive "poorly illustrated" tattoos, a must for an aspiring domme?

These are the questions that burden my soul, and keep me up at night.
Posted by: Spark

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 06/30/21 06:00 PM

I look at this from a couple of angles.

First i an fully supportive of anyone who owns a business charging the amount that the market bears. If prices are up and wait times are up, the demand must be there. Thats capitalism.

I have raised my prices in my personal business. Stores, restaurants, car dealerships, home builders, tradesmen have also raised prices why would i expect a Prodom to not do the same. Again Thats capitalism.

I have no problem waiting for a session. My plumber, dentist, doctor, and accountant don’t take same day appointments. My dominatrix should be given the same courtesy.

I am burnt out on the way femdom is portrayed online. I am not referring to the way Dommes look. Im referring to the way both dommes and subs treat each other in a public forum often without consent. Ive made similar posts here in that regard. As a result i avoid online advertising. I communicate with my Domme via text message and we have a dynamic that works for us. I do think that the online portrayal has the potential to chase away some of us who have been doing this for a while and spend good money on it.

Just my .02
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 06/30/21 10:28 PM

I can safely say that there still are many talented, beautiful, sadistic Dommes who enjoy what they do around. I saw happened to see one a few days ago and see another regularly. This is your first post, at least under this name , not that it’s important. Are you just venting or are you looking for someone to see? If the latter give a general location and you will most likely get some recommendations.
Posted by: Mistress Kiva Krimson

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 06/30/21 11:14 PM

I have a suggestion for you. Try staying off Social Media. I've been a practicing Dominatrix for over 20 years. I have several friends that still session, and are highly regarded in the scene.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 06/30/21 11:29 PM

I too hate when women take control over their body and let their hair grow out or dye it a fun, vibrant color. They should spend the money and take time out of everyday to make sure they are unnatural just as I want them to be. Hair? On a woman? Pfft, I prefer my woman like young prepubescent girls, thank you.

Women should make their life decisions based on my preferences! That's real female dominance, not doing what they want and appealing to ME!

And don't forget having opinions... YIKES. Leave the brain in the kitchen.

I hear they can vote now too.

/s

Btw I'm a natural haired, no tattoos, no body hair (my preference), well-educated woman. If anyone here hates how Dommes are becoming more free to speak their mind and do with their body as they like, please don't book me either as you clearly aren't actually into real femdom. smile
Posted by: ScoobyBelfast

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 02:08 AM

I prefer no or few tattoos. Body hair would be a show stopper for me. It is nothing against women who prefer a different look. As I typically pay $400. an hour I am going to select a lady who is my type. I haven't had difficulty finding ladies who appeal to my tastes and are willing to see me and my girlfriend. My problem has been that there are so many it is hard to decide. We have the flexibility to schedule ahead and travel. We usually make a mini vacation out of it. I can see where finding a lady who is local and available on short notice would be a tough find. Are there cities where this is expected? I've heard a lot of good things about the NYC house situation. Is that up and going again?
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 04:03 AM

I am 100% about respecting the way that prodoms and everyone else are comfortable conducting their business. In this case, I know who the original poster is. He's a good guy and a quality client. When it comes to rates, they didn't budge for nearly two decades. I was charging $300. 20 years ago. Instead of gradually increasing over the years, the rates popped up all at once. It is understandable that clients are getting sticker shock.

As for same day sessions, again, it is up the ladies on how they want to run their businesses. For us old folks, same day sessions is how adult businesses ran back then. Even now, let's not forget the nature of this business. It isn't like planning a teeth cleaning. When an attorney gets out of court early and had a few hours on his hands. It's when a man just wakes up in that mood. For some a professional domination session is something to be planned out. For others, it is when the freaky mood strikes. With men, who knows how long that will last. I loved my same day session clients. It was wild and crazy impromptu theater. Maybe it was something in the air...because when one same day session booked, four others were behind it.

One of the cool things about FemDom is that there is something for everyone. Not one size fits all. I completely understand where this original poster was coming from. If someone is shelling out serious money on the hour, they need a good fit for what they are looking for. Hopefully, the lack of availability for that in his area will get back to normal as time goes on.

This is a personal business. It is different for all of us. But, I will say that being flexible with my client's time schedule doubled my pay check.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 08:08 AM

+1
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 08:30 AM

Pretty much what I would have written, but I didn't have to.

Thank you.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 09:36 AM

Scooby it's completely fine to have preferences. I wasn't aiming my rant towards people who have physical preferences, but towards men who hate women who have alternative styles or don't conform to THEIR standard/fantasy of what a woman should be. smile

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 03:31 PM

Throwing away money! After a brief correspondence with a domme I found on Eros guide. I was instructed to send her an interests list. I did as she instructed, the list didn't include any unusual activities or fetishes.

I received her one line response this morning. "Hi this all ı can do for 3000 1 h."

I don't think my cousin the neurosurgeon makes $3000 an hour.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 06:00 PM

In my experience you are right about same day sessions. I used to do a lot of same day sessions but now it seems like no one wants to do them even for established clients. This is disappointing to me because i don’t have alot of opportunity to session and when one pops up I’d like to be able to take it. I remember Dommes telling me I should call them even late at night if an opportunity and the desire came up. Why do you think the trend away from same day sessions has taken place over the years?

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 06:15 PM

I don't know why it has changed but it is a good question. When I had my studio in Ohio, I kept regular business hours and fully expected same day sessions. If the day had been slow, I'd just spend the night and be ready for 2am calls. I laughingly called it my after bar business when the phone rang. Interestingly enough, when I moved to Providence, Rhode Island, my studio was considered more of a designation spot that people planned for and traveled to. I had less hourly and a lot of extended. I tried same sessions in New England but it didn't work like it did in Ohio. I've got more questions than answers on the topic of the shift. I do wonder if short notice sessions still reign in bigger cities.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 08:49 PM

I don’t get it. It shouldn’t be this difficult to find someone unless you live somewhere where there are few or zero established Dommes. I just saw Michelle Lacy for the first (and sadly probably only time). I had to send a deposit but the session was easy to set up and she was great. I see someone as regularly as I can in my local area She’s great and her rates are reasonable. I can see if you live in areas away from a big city where it’s going to be harder but I think in the major metro areas there are professional quality Dommes who are not charging $1000 or even $500 an hour.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/01/21 08:52 PM

You’ve been in the scene for a long time. Your perspective is certainly valuable and interesting and if you have more questions then answers I’m not sure if anyone has an answer.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/02/21 02:13 AM

Like most of the times what you say is the voice of the reason in the language of diplomacy. But I have to say that there was something which resonated with me from the original message, a new militancy in twitter, about all sort of issues mostly unrelated to BDSM. I have seen likes for Russian invasion, clients attacking dommes, dommes attacking clients and dommes attacking dommes.

It is a sign of the times when people shoot each other over opinions about masks, when air travelers physically attack flight attendants, and when we don't have any patience for anybody not sharing our opinions.

As a society we forgot how to be civil. I just hope that this will pass too rather than becoming part of the new normal.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/02/21 05:33 AM

Originally Posted By DommeLynx
Scooby it's completely fine to have preferences. I wasn't aiming my rant towards people who have physical preferences, but towards men who hate women who have alternative styles or don't conform to THEIR standard/fantasy of what a woman should be. smile

DommeLynx I'm not sure you got the overall levity intended in my post. I was not attempting to denigrate women, or force them to conform to my standard/fantasy of what a woman should be.

I was simply pointing out that the overall quality of professional dommes seems to be going down. While session rates are going through the roof!

I'm also perplexed by all the venom spewing, and hatred expressed by so many dommes on social media. Maybe bad attitudes and inflated rates are the new standard in female domination.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/02/21 05:59 AM

LOL. It is a weird bump in the road for a lot of businesses right now. On a positive note, I'm really glad that you got to see Michelle Lacy and had such a great time. I told her about the review and she was touched. She said she had a blast with you too.
Posted by: TedBCruisin

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/03/21 03:23 PM

I've never had an problem selecting an attractive Mistress that checked all of my boxes and arranging a session with her. I go straight to the url and don't bother with social media.
Posted by: Northstar

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/05/21 08:51 AM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
I am 100% about respecting the way that prodoms and everyone else are comfortable conducting their business. In this case, I know who the original poster is. He's a good guy and a quality client. When it comes to rates, they didn't budge for nearly two decades. I was charging $300. 20 years ago. Instead of gradually increasing over the years, the rates popped up all at once. It is understandable that clients are getting sticker shock.

As for same day sessions, again, it is up the ladies on how they want to run their businesses. For us old folks, same day sessions is how adult businesses ran back then. Even now, let's not forget the nature of this business. It isn't like planning a teeth cleaning. When an attorney gets out of court early and had a few hours on his hands. It's when a man just wakes up in that mood. For some a professional domination session is something to be planned out. For others, it is when the freaky mood strikes. With men, who knows how long that will last. I loved my same day session clients. It was wild and crazy impromptu theater. Maybe it was something in the air...because when one same day session booked, four others were behind it.

One of the cool things about FemDom is that there is something for everyone. Not one size fits all. I completely understand where this original poster was coming from. If someone is shelling out serious money on the hour, they need a good fit for what they are looking for. Hopefully, the lack of availability for that in his area will get back to normal as time goes on.

This is a personal business. It is different for all of us. But, I will say that being flexible with my client's time schedule doubled my pay check.

You were a nationally renowned mistress with a fantastic dungeon. In a time where there weren't dommes on every street corner. Paying $50 dollars more for a session with you, over the usual $250, was a smart move. Dumpy regional dommes in spare bedrooms with laughable equipment charging $400-$700 an hour is crazy. I don't think it will drive up the prices. I believe it will cause a dramatic drop in sessions. These price gougers should remember masturbation is still free.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/05/21 01:16 PM

Actually, I raised my rates at a time when the competition was steep in Columbus. I was super busy and thought a price increase would slow things down and spread business around a bit. My studio in Ohio was nice but no better than the others that had popped up. The Rhode Island studio was spectacular but Ohio was just pretty good. (The standard rate had been $200, not $250.) I found that, at least back then, $100. wasn't a game changer. My business didn't slow down and the other ladies didn't get any more business than usual. Men are going to seek out someone who peaks their interest. Period.

A lady practicing professional domination sessions out of a "Dumpy Apartment" is not going to affect the way that established doms set their rates. We are a little smarter than to let anyone else influence our rates. If there is a market for bratty, "Two bedroom apartment" domination, at crazy high rates, they will get it. If not, they won't. Meanwhile, there are some really awesome doms who are skilled, classical in style, well known and have great play spaces or pack up an arsenal for travel sessions. Whatever Ocpainpuppy is experiencing in regard to limitations in sessions, I am guessing will pass. I certainly hope so.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/05/21 01:43 PM

Awww thanks. That’s good to hear.
Posted by: slvmaximus

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/06/21 05:26 AM

Your Providence space was amazing and people can still catch glimpses of it in your old club dom video clips. I have several of them, and love checking them out every once in a while.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/06/21 08:23 AM

I'm going to include your post on max. Your response here seems almost hostile! Do you play two different parts, one on the Hang & one the Buzz?

Re: It's a lot more than inflation [Re: northstar]
Cheyenne Offline
Addict

Loc: US
You raise a good point. Not all doms are equally talented or have the same amount of equipment and quality of play space. I don't get onto Twitter or whatever it is the doms are using these days. So, I can't attest to who is charging what or why. But, I do believe the rates will self adjust. If ladies are charging more than what men are willing to pay, they won't have enough business to sustain. I will add that there is a bratty dom fetish. As much as some of us old school kinksters don't understand the appeal, it just may turn on as many potential clients on as it does off. Time will tell in all of this. In the meantime, I hope people find avenues to keep getting their freak on.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/06/21 09:31 AM

I apologize if my post here or anywhere came across as "Hostile." It is never my intention or feeling. I'm not sure where you are coming from with the comparisons of my posts here and on MF. It is the same topic but two different conversations. My bottom line on this has been consistent. Ocpainpuppy is known to be a quality client. I have sympathy for his frustration. I do believe the inflation table holds true but the sudden price jump, justifiably, is giving off sticker shock. I believe everything will self adjust in time, however so. I hope everyone finds what they are looking for. My guess on this subject is just that, a guess. Only time will tell. I'm not sure what you find hostile in my thoughts on this subject. I've glanced back over my posts here and MF. But, if I came across the wrong way, it certainly wasn't my intention. I've got zero reason or heart to feel "Hostile" on this subject. I just want everyone to be happy and find their own groove.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/06/21 10:32 AM

I don’t see any hostility in that Max post at all.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/06/21 06:30 PM

The hostile post was here, on the Buzz.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/06/21 06:32 PM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
I apologize if my post here or anywhere came across as "Hostile." It is never my intention or feeling. I'm not sure where you are coming from with the comparisons of my posts here and on MF. It is the same topic but two different conversations. My bottom line on this has been consistent. Ocpainpuppy is known to be a quality client. I have sympathy for his frustration. I do believe the inflation table holds true but the sudden price jump, justifiably, is giving off sticker shock. I believe everything will self adjust in time, however so. I hope everyone finds what they are looking for. My guess on this subject is just that, a guess. Only time will tell. I'm not sure what you find hostile in my thoughts on this subject. I've glanced back over my posts here and MF. But, if I came across the wrong way, it certainly wasn't my intention. I've got zero reason or heart to feel "Hostile" on this subject. I just want everyone to be happy and find their own groove.

Thank you, I probably took it the wrong way.

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/07/21 10:40 AM

I don’t see any hostility at all in that post.
Posted by: NaughtyNickB

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/11/21 08:32 PM

Originally Posted By MikeyRedShoes
Angry young social media "dommes"...

Originally Posted By MikeyRedShoes
When did being a Twitter member make someone an expert on world politics?

I think I see your problem. I would advise strongly against using social media to engage with anyone who you want to have any kind of personal connection with. Especially Twitter. Unfortunately, Twitter is an ideological battleground, not a social meet-up place.
Posted by: ryancbtbb

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/13/21 01:32 AM

Look on bright side..... They truly wanted to dominant you because they hate you.... Compared to servicing your every fetishes.

If you want real domination, this is closer because they would intentionally do it differently to their "own way" and not fully follow your script to your desire. Some get offended if you "top from bottom" - asking to be done a certain way. and will ruin your session in reaction.

But they also think you're scum if you're past a certain age.
Posted by: NameNotFound

Re: Lost Interest In Pro Sessions! - 07/13/21 05:44 AM

I once had a close friend who was an asshole in the true sense of the world. She was mostly nice to me though. I often fancied her not being so nice.
Flash forward, she did a complete 180 turn for some reason, being an complete asshole to me. How she treated me still haunts me till now.... Not in a good way.

I use to think I would love to get totally dominated/humiliated by someone without any control. Turns out I didn't. *

I think the majority of people who love the idea of being 'truly dominated' but would actually hate it if it became a reality.

* That being said, if given a chance, I would absolutely love to be beaten by someone with no regard for me, for however long they want, only for their fun.