$495

Posted by: Soapy

$495 - 06/23/21 09:19 AM

I've found these inflation calculators to be a bit inconsistent.

However, they are useful for reading old novels or watching movies to put things into perspective when people go to great lengths for "ten thousand dollars!" ( a bounty in a cowboy movie, for example ).

So, I wanted to see what $350 in 2004 A.D. money would be in 2021 A.D. money.

Drum roll ....

$495

https://www.dollartimes.com/inflation

It does give one a useful perspective when having conversations about prices. The returns on mutual funds too.
Posted by: Spark

Re: $495he economy - 06/23/21 03:28 PM

Inflation has been quiet for the last 10 to 20 years maybe not for housing and healthcare.

But many areas of our life haven't seen major moves higher. Travel, food, and until recently gas prices.

Session prices haven't moved a whole lot from when i started 20 years ago and this calculator seems to confirm that. 350 in 2004 and 500 todays seems to be about right for a session price.

I tend to think our recent spike in prices has more to do with a supply chain imbalance and
once that sorts itself out things will normalize and inflation wont be an issue.

If it doesnt normalize, I dont know if higher wages will allow session prices to drift up or if inflation could eat into discretionary income. But it will be interesting to see

Economics and Findom. Two of my great loves.
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: $495he economy - 06/23/21 10:13 PM

Okay... I'll take you way back, way down in the alley. My first session(s) were $35 for 45 minutes when I was a 21 yr. old college kid with no money. Assume for a second that if was $45 per hour with inflation that would be $246 an hour in 2021 dollars, according to a search I just did. I had very few sessions in 1974, but my sessions were a tremendous bargain since they were with the legendary Belle de Jour and she used me once back then to train a Mistress (just paid Belle the $35... for her and stayed an hour mostly with her) and then used once as a "house slave" at her apartment.

As someone once wrote on a site about being dominated or wrestling female bodybuilders, the same is true in this case, "It is an expensive hobby."