Shout Box

Posted by: DominaAdmin

Shout Box - 03/11/21 04:31 AM

I have noticed the Shout Box is not being used with any degree of regularity. I would like to see that change. I am considering removing it from the layout, if inactivity continues. Your opinion?
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Shout Box - 03/11/21 09:40 AM

I wouldn't remove it unless it is causing a problem.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Shout Box - 03/11/21 09:47 AM

I am guilty of seldom posting on it or reading it but I will give it a shot. It would seem sort of weird to see it gone.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Shout Box - 03/11/21 01:19 PM

This may be a silly question, but what exactly the purpose for it aside announcing tours? I wrote out a post for the Shout Box a few weeks ago but didn't end up hitting the submit button, not knowing what it's purpose is. As far as the box itself, I enjoy reading other's announcements even though I don't comment on them.
Posted by: DominaAdmin

Re: Shout Box - 03/11/21 11:00 PM

I see many different subjects being "shouted out" to the community on The Hang.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Shout Box - 05/25/21 10:52 PM

I like it. It allows people know about a Domme or event without them having to go hunting through the forums.

Delete the Politics section instead - 06/01/21 06:33 PM

*Please* :-)
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Delete the Politics section instead - 06/01/21 07:14 PM

Originally Posted By Soapy
*Please* :-)

I completely agree. It serves no purpose.
Posted by: MayaMidnight

Re: Shout Box - 06/01/21 08:32 PM

I like it and find it useful.
Posted by: MissMary

Re: Delete the Politics section instead - 06/02/21 02:14 AM

Wouldn't it be easy enough not to read it instead of taking it away from people who enjoy it?

Re: Delete the Politics section instead - 06/02/21 06:34 AM

The Politics board attracts trolls to the site, with no interest in discussing prodommes. Those trolls then move into subboards that people do want to read.

The mod who runs it and who advocated that a Politics board be created in the first place thinks it should removed

http://domina.ms/~domroot/thebuzz/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=14553#Post14553

This is a board for the subject of profemdommes.

Politics is way off topic and there are plenty of other places on the Internet to talk politics.
Posted by: MissMary

Re: Delete the Politics section instead - 06/02/21 07:19 AM

I see most of the posters who are active in the political section, posting about profemdom in other areas. I read the link you posted. Some good must have come from it because the poster who came into the lobby stopped. I vote for keeping it up and not reading it if you don't like it.
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Delete the Politics section instead - 06/02/21 10:37 AM

I agree with keeping it. It does no harm and without it political posts will bleed into the lobby. I haven’t looked at it in months so I hardly notice it.
Posted by: tabula

Re: Shout Box - 06/02/21 08:40 PM

I appreciate the shout box and hope you keep it.
Posted by: Tristan

Re: Delete the Politics section instead - 06/04/21 02:18 AM

> I vote for keeping it up and not reading it if you don't like it.

I second that vote. Don't like it? Don't read it.

Why someone would demand something be taken away simply because *they* don't like it is beyond me. It stinks of censorship, and censoring speech is generally bad.