Advice on being whipped

Posted by: Spark

Advice on being whipped - 02/26/21 11:29 PM

I am having conversations with my domme about her whipping me.

I could use some advice. After 20 years of bdsm play i have never been whipped. She is newer and has never whipped someone. Its normally not my kink. But she is into it and id like to try it with her. My pain tolerance is pretty high.

I looked at the bdsm impact zone chart and i seems like the butt is a great area the lower back is a no go. Any other advice on where and where not to hit?

Any advice on what to use based on our experience. Im open to single tail, floggers, dragon tail, bull whips etc. i am probably looking for the easiest for her to control. Also want it to be somewhat painful without it totally destroying me.

Im also fine with some markings that take a while to heal. Id like to avoid skin being broken welts etc. Is this possible?

Finally, Is there a Good way for her to practice beforehand?
Posted by: knkyngslave

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/02/21 06:59 AM

I would say that the standard advice is use a shorter whip as it is easier to control; wraps can painful. If you are not mentally ready for the pain you may tap out. So, take your time.

If you have a flogger my suggestion is to begin with that. It is 'thuddy' and you might like that feeling for your maiden voyage.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/02/21 01:36 PM

She can practice on a pillow smile

As said earlier, shorter whips are easier.

I recommend wearing something to protect your head, like a thick hood, just in case. Even a hat would be better than nothing.

For a beginner, I would say stick to the butt area at first. Wrapping is a concern, maybe wear something to protect your genitals or put a pillow against your lap.

"Id like to avoid skin being broken welts etc. Is this possible?" Easily avoidable, but this depends on the whip you're using, and how much power is going behind it.

I'd also recommend avoiding inescapable bondage first time around. I've seen pros hit themselves with whips before on accident, you'll want to be able to help her if something like that happens, though rare.

Keep a trauma/first aid kit nearby smile I also keep smelling salts and water/juice/candy near as well.
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/02/21 02:48 PM

This thread is why this site, and sometimes MF, are invaluable. Spark asks a legit question about a specific kink. (This isn't my fetish, because when you may need smelling salts and a first aid kit, I'm out.) But I think knkyngslave and DommeLynx gave practical and sane advice. Kudos to Spark to ask the question, and knkynslave and DommeLynx for what looks to be great advice.

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/02/21 05:37 PM

knkyngslave, DommeLynx, and junglebeast.

Flogger, short whip, watch the wrap around, practice on a pillow and have the first aid out great stuff.

Im about a month out from this session. Ill post an update.

And yes i couldn't agree more with junglebeast these forums are invaluable and a lot of fun too

RIP my ass when this is all said and done 😂.
Posted by: ScoobyBelfast

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/03/21 03:18 AM

Great topic. I'd be interested to know how it goes for you. I have a high pain tolerance too. But certain things, like a smack to the face triggers anger, even if someone is just playing around. So far I've only been whipped with suede floggers. The kind that has been used on me are more sensual than what I'd expect from a single tail. Out of curiosity, is the dom you are seeing new? I'd expect a professional to have experience with most whips.

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/03/21 11:03 AM

Quote:
Out of curiosity, is the dom you are seeing new? I'd expect a professional to have experience with most whips.

Yes she is new. She doesn’t even completely consider herself a Domme. We started online. We mix kink with vanilla. Probably more Vanilla than kink. Its a professional transactional relationship. But it has a lot of lifestyle elements. She is actually more into the domination than i am. Ive done it all, but because its new for her makes it fun for me. Its a bit strange but it works.
Posted by: ScoobyBelfast

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/04/21 01:31 AM

Sounds a lot like me and my girlfriend. Our relationship isn't professional. But the mix between vanilla and kink is there. She turned me onto it. I never thought I'd be doing the things I am before she corrupted me. Now I can't stop thinking about it. It is more about her than anything though. I hope you both have a good time.
Posted by: ztrade

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/09/21 03:29 PM

You have some guys who faint?

Ha, ha!
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Advice on being whipped - 03/09/21 07:56 PM

Hello spark. You have already been given some great advice but I will throw in my 2 cents worth. I learned flogging out in the clubs just watching and mimicking. It's pretty easy. For the single tail I took lessons from a whip master and he wouldn't let me take aim at a person until I could hit specific spots on a dress form (the things seamstresses put clothes on to fit). They are difficult to control and there is a real danger of hitting an eye, ear or other sensitive bit.

Personally I find the butt area more difficult to hit accurately if the "victim" is standing. If that is position you are going for, I would stick with the back.

I wish this image was in English, but I think you will get the idea:
https://www.blackangelsl.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Onde-bater-500x600.jpg

Re: Advice on being whipped - 04/10/21 01:01 AM

Thank you all for the advice.

I thought i would post an update.

We went with what i would describe as a high quality moderate/lightweight cane. She was able to swing full force but it caused a lot of pain. I was surprised how much I took. a good 30 minutes at least. I was really into it.

Welts lasted for about 2-3 days. moderate bruising last an additional 48. 5-7 days in everything cleared up. I expected to be in pain for several days as well. But the pain was minimal shortly after we stopped or maybe my tolerance is high

Im also surprised how much i enjoyed it as I didnt think it would be my type of pain.

It did align really well with how i like ti submit. Im not a lay there and take it type of submissive. I like to egg my Domme on. So there was a lot of me saying “stop fucking around and hit me with it like you mean it”. She didn’t disappoint. Highly interactive. We had a lot of fun.