Save Atlanta Dungeon

Posted by: AspX

Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/02/21 01:14 AM

Save Atlanta Dungeon Fundly Page

As I have always feared, Atlanta Dungeon is the latest iconic play space to fall into financial trouble because of Covid. Mistress Ultra Violet and Mistress Ayn announced the issue last month and started a GoFundMe fundraiser, but GoFundMe messed with them and finally cancelled it before they allowed either of these Women to withdraw the funds (all money was returned to the donors). So, they are now trying to do it again using a different site named Fundly.

Atlanta Dungeon has been able to stay open throughout most of the pandemic with them only being caught up in things during the initial lockdowns. However, the bills have still been piling up based on the lack of sessions, events and touring Dommes driven by the general concerns related to Covid. I, as an example, haven't visited since last January (and yes... its killing me) instead of the 3 to 4 times a year I usually do.

Unfortunately, like a lot of businesses their landlord is cutting them no slack or working with them on temporary rent reductions to deal with the economic situation. They have been holding on and pushing through but they are now up against it even with the light at the end of the tunnel finally in sight. Luckily their needs are reasonable (only a total of $15k, with nearly $2500 being raised in the first 24 hours already) so please, if you can, help save this play space in the heart of Atlanta. If you are a sub anywhere near Atlanta, consider visiting and experiencing one of the amazing Dommes who are a part of this collective and leaving a extra tip to go towards saving this amazing facility and the group of Women who inhabit it.

Asp

Here is the appeal from Mistress Ultra Violet as posted on the Fundly site:

Due to the COVID-19 crisis, Our studio in Atlanta has suffered financially and we are now facing the possibility of losing our beloved home of over 8 years. We are now running out of time to keep the space that we've all worked so hard to build. This financial help is needed immediately. Funds will be used to pay back rent, future rent, utility bills, and advertising costs. If we are unable to keep our current space, the funds will also be used to downsize to a smaller location and to cover moving costs. The interruption in our daily lives this year has been difficult to say the least, but My hope is to make it through this crisis — to continue to work and grow and welcome new members of our community.

Thank you, MUV

Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/02/21 01:35 AM

I'm having a difficult time with the fundly page. Is there a way to mail a donation?
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/02/21 09:49 AM

Hello Cheyenne. Please let us know what issue you are having with Fundly. You can PM if you want. But in the meantime, you can email UV direct about making a donation off the platform. Her email is mistressultraviolet@yahoo.com.

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/02/21 09:53 AM

Thank you very much for posting this, asp. Our fingers are crossed that this fund will stay up. Private donations off platform have helped too and I want to thank everyone that has given so far.

If anyone wants to donate direct, please contact Mistress Ultra Violet at mistressultraviolet@yahoo.com.
Posted by: cbtlover

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/03/21 04:08 AM

+1
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/03/21 09:15 AM

It keeps telling my card's security code is incomplete but there is no option to type it anywhere. I could try it by re-entering my card number but will just reach out to MUV and see if I can zelle a donation. I hope so much The Atlanta Dungeon can hang onto their location. You've ridden out the toughest times in this mess. You've got to be almost over the hump.
Posted by: Northstar

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/04/21 04:50 AM

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will donate today.
Posted by: langerr

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/04/21 03:35 PM

I just used the site with no issues.

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/05/21 12:45 AM

Thank you, langerr. Much appreciated.

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/05/21 08:17 AM

The site is a bit funky. It's been 12 hours and I haven't gotten a confirmation email, and the donation totals have not updated. They did charge my credit card. That's not a problem as long as you got the funds.
Posted by: ScoobyBelfast

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/08/21 04:18 AM

The Atlanta Dungeon is on my wish list for this summer. I hope you survive this difficult time both for selfish reasons and because it sucks for you to be in this position through no fault of your own. Isn't there any help for you with small business aid? My best to you ladies. I will check out the page.

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/08/21 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By ScoobyBelfast
The Atlanta Dungeon is on my wish list for this summer. I hope you survive this difficult time both for selfish reasons and because it sucks for you to be in this position through no fault of your own. Isn't there any help for you with small business aid? My best to you ladies. I will check out the page.

The good news is that Mistresses Ayn, Ultra Violet and other AD Dommes will still be in business regardless of whether the current dungeon survives... But, I guarantee that the playspace itself will not be as diverse and well appointed (from an equipment/play possibility standpoint) as the current location if they cannot raise the funds.

As for small business help, all the covid packages specifically line-out any adult business help so no actual relief is available. So, taking out a loan means a debt load that spreads the bills out into the future versus dipping into personal bank accounts to pay for it now and brings severe personal financial risk to those trying to survive.

All these fundraisers are really things that HELP them stay in business rather than bailouts that actually alleviate all the debt they have (or will) incurred. Really, it shows the owners of the dungeons that the community cares and appreciates all of their efforts and sacrifice related to providing amazing spaces to play in... They never alleviate all (or even most) of the burden that they have to deal with from a pure business perspective. At least that is what I have seen in the several of these efforts that I have been involved with.

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/09/21 05:46 PM

Yes I noticed that lag too. From what I understand, MUV has been able to access funds. Thanks again for your donation! It's back to where we were with GFM shut the other campaign down.
Posted by: nycdogman

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/10/21 03:04 AM

Mistress Ayn. I just tried to donate to your dungeon. The entire fundly website is down. https://fundly.com/

How should I donate?

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/10/21 08:33 AM

It was down for me too when I checked earlier this AM but it's back working now.

https://fundly.com/save-our-atlanta-bdsm-studio

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/10/21 09:58 AM

Hello nycdogman. As langer said the site is functional now. I am assuming it was a momentary glitch. If you continue to have issues, DM Me and I can give you ways to donate direct. Mistress Ultra Violet and I appreciate your support.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/14/21 01:57 AM

Has anybody seen how a contribution looks on a credit card report?

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/14/21 04:40 PM

Appears on statement as:

SAVE OUR ATL... HTTPSFUNDLY.C GA 30324 US
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/14/21 04:57 PM

Thank you. I think I can live with it.

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/14/21 05:16 PM

It could vary somewhat by credit card company, but it will be something like that.
Posted by: cbtlover

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/21/21 08:56 AM

Well that at least is good news.

It looks as though the fundraiser has reached the halfway point. Let's not let it stop there! I for one, love The ladies of Atlanta Dungeon, and can't stand the thought of them losing their space.

Re: Save Atlanta Dungeon - 02/23/21 05:37 PM

UPDATE: A certain beloved client has offered tho following challenge: He will match all donations given in the next two weeks up to a maximum of $2K.

The fundraiser on Fundly was up to $8475 when this was announced (now $8975). With a potential $2K plus the challenger's $2K that would put us at $12475. That and the offsite donations would put us very close to our goal.

With the vaccines rolling out and what I perceive to be a slight uptick in in-person sessions, I think we can survive this thing. Thank you all for your donations and your help spreading the word on social media.

Atlanta Dungeon - SAVED!!! - 04/07/21 11:09 PM

Mistress Ayn formally announced and thanked everyone for saving AD on Her own website, but wanted to relay that message here for those that helped.

http://mistressayn.com/blog/thanks-for-all-the-support/

Re: Atlanta Dungeon - SAVED!!! - 04/08/21 12:29 PM

Thank you for posting this here, asp. And thank you for all your support - most of which no one will ever know except the Ladies of the Dungeon. you are truly appreciated.

A special thanks to all of the Domina.ms contributors that supported the cause, too.