New York in the dark

Posted by: Komodo

New York in the dark - 12/03/20 06:51 PM

The (feeble) response here to the Parthenon post compared to the Hang where somebody reposted the thread confirmed something I already suspected, MF is much more NY centric than the Buzz.

For me this was the most significant dungeon I used and this is unlikely to change in the future. I have not been to a domination house in the last 20 years, and this is not likely to change either. Parthenon was the premier place to meet indies in NY, and I am not sure what else is left there.

Does anybody know of other similar places still open in the city?
Posted by: langerr

Re: New York in the dark - 12/03/20 06:55 PM

MF just also be more Berlin centric since the closing of Studio Avalon got mentioned there with several replies. There's nothing here.
Posted by: palmer

Re: New York in the dark - 12/04/20 12:38 PM

I posted the Avalon post over at Max Fisch and then commented on the Parthenon post over there. I'm here too, but not as active. This board I always saw as an offshoot/copycat board that sprung up when it seemed that Max Fisch would go under. When it didn't, I think some people stayed there. I know there are some people who are over here who aren't at Max Fisch, but it never felt that this board build up much of a head of steam on its own.

I actually assumed you, Komodo, were the same person as Comodus, who posted this news at Max Fisch.

As for NY, I don't think there's much that you wouldn't know about in terms of public-facing places. There's Pandora's, Donatella Den and, if it's still operating, Fetish Fortress. They are all houses. I don't think there's another large, active collective/space for independents like Parthenon. It was unique in that way. There are some people who have smaller play spaces and maybe they share or rent them out. I don't know. But of the ones who are public about it, Mistress Troy Orleans has a space, as does Mistress Troy. And there is the La Maison du Rouge space of Lucy Sweetkill and Dia Dynasty. Mistress Natalie has a space. I think there are probably a few others that are more private/below-the-radar. One of them, which apparently is now closed, I visited earlier this year. I was surprised to learn of it as it was the private space of a domme who had been mostly retired, I thought.
Posted by: langerr

Re: New York in the dark - 12/04/20 12:45 PM

The Fetish Fortress is open and operating
Posted by: Komodo

Re: New York in the dark - 12/04/20 02:38 PM

Thank you for the reply. The way I became Comodus was when the computer I used as Komodo at MF died and the MF administration was not able to let me recover the account using the email.

There is a lot of double representation on these two boards but there are differences too, especially on the dommes side. We are at a point where structural changes happen, and the traditional ways for BDSM partners to find each other also took a hit. I think it pays now to let go of perceived rivalries and make the most of the remaining resources left, like these two forums.

I would add to your list private places used by mistress Chloe and mistress Veronica, but it has been a while, and I am not sure they still exist, especially the second.
Posted by: palmer

Re: New York in the dark - 12/04/20 04:12 PM

Agreed regarding making the most of all the resources that exist. And, yes, Mistress Chloe's place -- I should have remembered that.
Posted by: TadShy

Re: New York in the dark - 12/07/20 11:31 PM

Yeah MF is way more NY oriented than this place.