Who's Doing Live Sessions?

Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/26/20 05:32 PM

Who's visiting their favorite Mistress? Who believes Zoom only goes so far? Who's ready to worship a Mistress's ass, not a computer screen?
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/27/20 07:06 AM

My friends who are touring are extremely busy.
Posted by: Chi61

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/27/20 11:51 AM

I’ve done two sessions since stuff started reopening, one at my house and one at a private space of an independent domme. . Only one person I reached out to wasn’t sessioning at all, the rest were at least offering limited sessions. One dungeon I scheduled with (but ended up canceling) did have som COVID protocols in place, masks, etc Limited sample size, but seems like a lot are back.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/28/20 02:33 AM

I am, honestly. I self isolated for the first three or so months but it was destroying my mental health. I limit how many people I see, take temperatures, make them wash up etc...
Posted by: future pet

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/28/20 07:41 AM

Hi Goddess. [url=Cj0KCQjw1qL6BRCmARIsADV9JtZEYyCN]I've got an oximeter on my desk.[/url] I check my SPO2 daily - takes 5 secs. One of the severely tragic stories I read early in the outbreak was of a nurse with a patient in his early 30s. She knew from his SPO2 that his chances were slim but had to fight as hard as she could for him. And worst came to worse.

Anyway, it's an added, non-invasive check you can make. Most of us in this part of the country have been pretty careful after the horrors witnessed. Everyone on the train has a mask; we don't have people acting like fools in the grocery store. I did go to a few George Floyd rallies, but got tested immediately after - which is also easily arranged these days.

I agree, Dommes and subs who had a good track record for being responsible before covid, should be fine to reconnect if they can work out ground rules. And we aren't better off alone. We aren't constructed that way.

Hope all is going well. fp.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/28/20 07:44 AM

Sorry about the weird link. Haven't been around awhile. It says "html is disabled". Don't see how to re-enable.
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/28/20 10:46 AM

Originally Posted By future pet

I agree, Dommes and subs who had a good track record for being responsible before covid, should be fine to reconnect if they can work out ground rules.

Exactly. I've had to turn down a few people because I knew they weren't taking quarantine seriously.

I'm doing well now. Besides the occasional sub I see my best friend once a week but that's it lol and that's only because I know she doesn't go out. Hope you're staying safe and sane as well smile
Posted by: John_Bolton

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/28/20 06:38 PM

To each their own on turning people down because they think they haven't been doing a good job quarantining. Me personally... I'd prefer a woman who was out actively and building her immune system up with sunlight, exercise, and good bacteria as opposed to someone locking themselves inside and not exercising or eating well.

I'm sessoning tomorrow night.
Posted by: ryancbtbb

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/29/20 04:21 AM

I suppose if everyone is wearing a proper mask, properly and could breathe easily with it on, you shouldn't worry.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/29/20 07:06 AM

Not I.

The number of Americans dead from COVID19 has been going up every week. Since I have been watching the death toll it is averaging about 1,000 Americans a day dying.

Currently at 181,000 dead.

I don't think it is safe.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/29/20 08:17 AM

I think it's perfectly safe.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/29/20 12:56 PM

Originally Posted By Soapy
Not I.

The number of Americans dead from COVID19 has been going up every week. Since I have been watching the death toll it is averaging about 1,000 Americans a day dying.

At the risk of dragging politics into this forum, I must say, this data is not accurate. A health official, at a press conference, said that if someone is already dying of anything but the virus is found in their system, symptoms or not, it is counted as a covid death. Additionally, false positives are quite common. While everyone's opinions should be respected, no one should be bringing this into the lobby in an inaccurate way that could affect a doms's business and income.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/29/20 12:58 PM

+1

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/29/20 01:32 PM

Quote:
I'm sessoning tomorrow night.

Here's wishing you and your hand the best of times.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/29/20 02:53 PM

I answered the question posed by the original post in this thread.

No disrespect, but you are a moderator and you are the one trying to politicize matters of fact.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/29/20 05:36 PM

I am glad some people are sitting on the sidelines... I can get whatever time I want for the session.

It's almost time, so I need to do my pre session jerk so I don't ejac prematurely during the session. Sometimes I see these hot women with their tits almost out and wearing a corset with a strapon and it's exciting. I'm ready
Posted by: The Thomas

Risk Factors - 08/29/20 06:57 PM

Here is what both participants (for the sake of simplicity I will assume only two) need to consider:

First is how prevalent is covid19 in the locality where the session is taking place, and those the participants come from. The local positivity rate is the best measure if available. As there is currently enormous regional variations this is much more meaningful than any national level stat.

If either participant has had been diagnosed with the disease and recovered within the last 4 months then the session should be very safe for all. Same if there is a positive result to an antibody test though that raises the question of how reliable those tests are (which I am not going to go into).

Wearing a mask reduces risk esp. if it is a N95 mask worn properly.

Then there is the risk of how serious the disease will be if you do get it. While no one is completely safe it has been established that age, BMI and certain conditions like diabetes, asthma etc. make you more likely to end up in the ICU.

Bottom line is there were risks in BDSM activities before this virus came along. The risks vary with the different activities but even a foot fetish session has risk esp. if your wife finds out. This virus is another risk that needs to be factored in.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/30/20 04:17 AM

It is a touchy subject. It is definitely difficult to discuss without politics coming into it. But, to throw out disputed statistics in a discussion about ladies conducting sessions, I feel is wrong. Let those who want to session, do so and, without discouragement or fearmongering. If you want to discuss the virus and the manner in which the statistics are being reported, you know where the off topic section is.
Posted by: Will2020

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/30/20 07:49 AM

MsRoseWoods,
I am finally ready to worship a Mistress'
ass. Please respond if your ass and all it has to offer is willing to humiliate my humble face and soul.

Thank You,

Will - from the shoreline CT area.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 08/30/20 11:21 PM

Originally Posted By Will2020
MsRoseWoods,
I am finally ready to worship a Mistress'
ass. Please respond if your ass and all it has to offer is willing to humiliate my humble face and soul.

Thank You,

Will - from the shoreline CT area.

You may be ready, but with the pandemic going on, it may not be safe to conduct sessions right now. Just give it another two weeks so we can flatten the curve and we'll be fine. Seriously, just another two weeks. You are brave for wearing a mask and fighting the virus. Even braver than Americans on Omaha Beach. You are heroic.
Posted by: ryancbtbb

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 09/01/20 06:54 AM

you people are addicts
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 09/01/20 10:37 AM

Hello MRW. It's good to have you back. I am going to put myself out here and probably take some blow back, but I never completely stopped doing sessions. Local clients that I knew well continued to book and we made mutual decisions about risk.

What is still missing from my client roster are the business travelers and that's a huge segment of my clientele. To keep our connection we have engaged in Zoom, email exchanges, calls, etc. but that is not what we prefer.

The interaction I have had with my clients (both local and out of town) indicates the percentage of guys not booking sessions because of virus fears is actually pretty low.
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 09/03/20 04:58 AM

Thank you Mistress Ann. I'm glad to be back.

My hat's off to you. You're a class act, and a great business woman.
Posted by: AspX

Shutting It Down Based on Current Risk - 10/28/20 12:33 PM

I am a big believer that my behavior decisions in regards to FemDom had always been about risk management. I don't trade personal information that ties to my legal identity with others who are involved with this... I don't bring my wallet into a session with me... I won't consent to any pictures, even if there is no way you can tell it's me... Etc...

In relation to the pandemic, I have been living my life in the same way. When a Domme who I support when she travels to Detroit visited over the summer, I not only sessioned with her... I drove her around, went to restaurants and ate there (literally the only time this has happened since March), and spent many many hours in close proximity with no masks. When another one of my Dommes came into town because her friend had surgery, I met her for lunch and then helped her friend (who I had never met before) for a couple of weeks after the Domme left town because it was what the Domme wanted. I have traveled to Chicago to do personal service for another of my Dommes multiple times because she told me to and that included running errands for her (interacting with lots of people in the middle of the day instead of planning for the least possible contact as I do at home) and being around some of her friends who visited her apartment. Finally, I devised a safe as possible visit to Las Vegas to spend 4 days with another of my Dommes just because we both felt it had been too long.

In each of these interactions, the rewards of it outweighed the risk that I would contract Covid. I did add any fluid exchange (especially spitting and/or sharing drinks/food) to my hard limits, but that was really the only concession to the pandemic in regards to my interactions with the Dommes themselves (I still social distanced / wore masks in any interactions with people outside of the Domme's private spaces).

I say all of this, because my answer to this question has now changed. With the current surge of cases in the US (where hospital beds are becoming scarce... And that is the one metric that no one can argue is being manipulated), I am changing my behavior until things become manageable again. I will not be going to Chicago when given the opportunity. I will not be seeing Dommes if they visit Detroit. I certainly won't be planning any "special" trips.

This is a risk based decision based on the pandemic crossing thresholds in the US that I no longer feel comfortable with... So I am shutting it down until the numbers return to much lower levels or effective treatments are readily available to me as just a normal person.

What I personally choose to do means nothing to you.. but, the point I want to make is that in regards to FemDom it is smart to make decisions based on that situation rather than sticking to general decisions made under different circumstances. That is regardless of whether you will only let a particular Domme use a whip on you because you know her proficiency, requiring PPE during a session, or even being willing to have what the CDC defines as "close contact" with others.
Posted by: Spark

Re: Shutting It Down Based on Current Risk - 10/28/20 09:35 PM

Wise words.

I havent done live sessions this year but i agree im getting more cautious with many social interactions. Its tough on both sides because like many others i rely on these interactions for fun and my well being to some extent. For the Dominas its their business.

For what its worth I've found the online play to be quite fun and a nice change of pace for both parties.

Also i like your style. Dinners, meeting dommes, driving them around. I love the out of session interactions with the women i serve almost more than the in session stuff

Re: Shutting It Down Based on Current Risk - 10/29/20 10:10 AM

I think being sensible and limiting exposure makes sense, but, fair warning... you'll probably only be sessioning and interacting between May and September for the rest of your life. Flu symptoms are likely causing the increased hospitalizations and cases and we should expect this to occur for the rest of flu and cold season. Hopefully you can find alternate means of joy from virtual sessions, etc. There will be the group of us that still takes risks in order to keep BDSM alive.
Posted by: palmer

Re: Shutting It Down Based on Current Risk - 10/29/20 12:17 PM

Flu symptoms are not causing increased cases. A positive coronavirus case is a positive coronavirus case. Perhaps flu symptoms are compounding severity and this is leading to more hospitalizations... but I haven't read anything about this yet.

Yes, CV19 could become endemic, but after a vaccine and continued research into effective treatments, its severity and prevalence should go way down. In other words, I'm optimistic about future sessions in the October - April time frame.

Re: Shutting It Down Based on Current Risk - 10/29/20 01:01 PM

There is a flu vaccine. I think if I walked into a session and the domme looked visibly sick, I would not session. I'm just not gonna live in fear that she "might" have a virus. If she does, but does not appear sick, then it can't be that bad.
Posted by: Smiley

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 10/30/20 08:08 PM

I just saw Ms. Lydia Supremacy yesterday. Standard protocols for Covid19: KN95 mask for her and a N95 mask I had, hand sanitizer upon entry and a non contact temperature check. I fortunately was able to have a recent covid19 test which came back negative for active infection. Obvious safe practices need to be followed including make sure I did not have an active cough or any illness, disinfected all surfaces, etc. I think most can practice safely as long as you take proper precautions. I have a few friends who are EMTs or in law enforcement and even they take standard safety precautions when they are working. When they are dispatched the call takers asks if anyone has had a recent covid19 related symptom. Most times from what I understand they will only use a N95 masks with a standard ear loop mask over the N95 if there is a covid19 symptom or just a standard ear loop mask if no symptoms are suspected.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 10/31/20 06:46 PM

I'm offering in-person sessions as long as some additional safety precautions are met.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 10/31/20 06:57 PM

Originally Posted By Soapy
Not I.

I absolutely respect your, and everyone else's, desire and right to be safe. So, I completely support anyone who does not feel comfortable with in-person sessions right now.

That said, the idea of what's "safe" is not a black or white issue. Life is inherently risky and our lives are a continuous process of risk assessment, reduction, and management. This is no different.

Sessions are as safe as the people conducting them. If the Domme doesn't know how this all works, doesn't know how to reduce her exposure risk, or how transmission, infection, symptoms, testing, etc. works, then it's less safe to session with Her than with someone who does. Likewise for subs.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 10/31/20 07:09 PM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
false positives are quite common

Do you have a source? I'm interested in how this is happening.

I'm aware of the likelihood of false *negatives* because people don't understand that the body needs to goes through seroconversion before you yield a positive result, and scientists don't have conclusive data on how long that is for this virus.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 10/31/20 07:15 PM

Originally Posted By Cheyenne
It is a touchy subject. It is definitely difficult to discuss without politics coming into it. But, to throw out disputed statistics in a discussion about ladies conducting sessions, I feel is wrong. Let those who want to session, do so and, without discouragement or fearmongering. If you want to discuss the virus and the manner in which the statistics are being reported, you know where the off topic section is.

I'm going to disagree with you here, Cheyenne.

Discussing numbers isn't fearmongering. And if we're going to enforce a rule about inaccurate data (without being able to cite its accuracy either way), then let's be sure to reprimand "John_Bolton" for his proclamation that it's "perfectly safe", which is most definitely is not.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 10/31/20 11:02 PM

That is cool you sessioned with her, I believe I have seen some of her videos, and it wasn't like I saw them at a movie theater. I meant business when I watched them.

Good for you guys to take what you feel are proper precautions. I don't think either one of us is a health expert. I am in great shape though. I sessioned with someone who spit in my mouth several times. Still zero evidence showing the effectiveness of masks. If cases are rising and people still get sick, but most areas now mandate masks, then something is off, because I know people would jump all over the chance to point out it is only non masters getting sick, but they aren't.
Posted by: Smiley

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 10/31/20 11:39 PM

True we both may not be health experts but taking the proper precautions is what everyone should do. JAMA and many other medical authorities have all come out and said that proper use of a N95 mask is the recommended level of respiratory protection for health care workers who are working with covid19 positive patients with a minimal 90 percent filtration efficiency. The KN95 unfortunately showed only between a 53-85 percent efficiency while surgical mask and ear loops mask only had an efficiency of 37-69 percent. One of my closest friends and former play partner is a dual certified CRNP-CRNA and has been on the front line out in California where she has been intubating positive covid19 patients in the hospital she works. Back when the pandemic started I reached out to her since I had questions. She gave me the same information she had access to. When I told her I had N95 masks she basically told me to save them and to use them but with an outer non-N95 ear loop or tie on mask as a over-mask which is her standard use protocol to preserve the N95 for a longer period. The one thing she told me that had me think was how some of her coworkers are doing a study using chlorhexidine gluconate to swab their nasal passages and using it to rinse their mouths since its an antiseptic used to kill micro-organisms to prevent infections. Whether the study shows it's effectiveness is hard to say.

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 10/31/20 11:55 PM

Yeah, definitely. I would never session with someone coughing. There was a domme whi I had a great session with when she traveled to Florida and I lived nearby. Saw her a few years later in Chicago where she was based and the day of, I get to the address she gave, it's a decent looking apartment in a not spectacular area, but upon calling for the exact address at the appointed time, no answer. Waited, no answer after waiting. I begin leaving. Finally get a call like she just woke up and got the address for an across the street slum. I get inside and she's wearing sunglasses, marks on arms, lost alot of weight in an unhealthy way and the place is trashed. I run out. That's my proper precaution.

My belief is that if a woman is dominant, she would not be susceptible to a virus and therefore it would be insulting of me to ask her to wear a mask. And I wouldn't want her to anyways and I think it would be wrong of me to assume she would conduct a session if even a part of her thought she might have a minor virus.
Posted by: AspX

Re: Shutting It Down Based on Current Risk - 11/01/20 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By John_Bolton
I think being sensible and limiting exposure makes sense, but, fair warning... you'll probably only be sessioning and interacting between May and September for the rest of your life.

There has been an unprecedented amount of work related to developing proper protocols, therapeutics and vaccines related to Covid and its impacts on the body. However, it was only 8 months ago that hospitals started seeing and treating cases in the US... and as remarkable as the progress has been, we are still in the extremely early stages of the medical community's eventual solutions.

Everyone mentions "flattening the curve" (which is driven by behavior) but the real work is on "raising the line" of being able to understand and deal with COVID from a healthcare perspective... and most of that is still just in the theory part of its lifecycle. Like you stated, I don't expect Covid to fully go away (or even to have a vaccine that eliminates all variations/mutations) but where we differ is that I expect that by this time next year there will be a "new normal" in healthcare and how COVID-19 is treated.

The prevention and treatment protocols for COVID-19, which is a disease that can be deadly or leave someone with irreversible organ damage, are still in early development. So right now, when those aren't in place and hospitals are being overwhelmed with patients, is the worst possible time to catch the virus... just like catching AIDS in 1985 was incredibly different from catching it today.

As for COVID-19, I agree that your general age and health may play a part in your rolling the dice and winning if you are unfortunate enough to get this disease. It is also true that experts generally agree that 80% of people who get Covid (regardless of age or comorbidities) don't require hospitalization and 45-50% don't even show symptoms (but are still able to infect others). But, I don't think its smart to take the chance that I will be in the 20% just to get my rocks off when the actual infections in the wild are exploding and our healthcare system is about to be overwhelmed.

Finally, I learned an important lesson when I got burned a little earlier in the year because I thought I might have been exposed (I wasn't) and I got tested to find out. But, I did that in the middle of the summer when things were in the 2nd wave and cases were raging out west (but not around me) and it literally took 14 days to receive the results of that test because the labs were pushed past their limits.

How good your care is (if you need it) is partially dependent upon how many resources are available to take care of you. But, that was just a test and there were ICU beds fully available if I was unfortunate enough to need one... So, at this moment, I am taking that lesson to heart and waiting it out before resuming those kinds of activities and I would encourage everyone else to do the same (which is why I posted my statement about shutting it down).

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 11/02/20 12:14 AM

Originally Posted By John_Bolton
Still zero evidence showing the effectiveness of masks.

Please explain how "effective" is defined, and the evidence that supports that wearing masks is not effective.
Posted by: Luke Cage

Re: Who's Doing Live Sessions? - 11/02/20 07:23 PM

I agree.

I'm Jonesing something AWFUL, but at the same time, I'm a member of two pods involving family members, both of which are more susceptible than I. Setting aside my own personal safety, the only way I'd session would be in a month where I can wait 14 days after Pod 1 (to protect the domme), and then session, and then wait 14 days until I see Pod 2 (to protect them). The first possible window for that is January, and I'll still have to see how things are looking.

Until then, like you, I'm staying Soapy.