Should whips be banned?

Posted by: John_Bolton

Should whips be banned? - 06/22/20 06:16 PM

I can only imagine the trauma that a black, indigenous, or person of color would feel just from knowing that a white dominatrix was using a bull whip. Even if most clients are white, the mere existence of such device in a dungeon may cause minority patrons to feel alienated.

We need to be good allies of the black community. Can I get all the white dommes on here to affirm that they will discontinue use of these evil devices?
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/22/20 07:07 PM

No.

That being said, If a submissive of mine told me they'd prefer I not have any whips in sight upon entering I would be happy to oblige.

Quote:
We need to be good allies of the black community.

So you're not actually a POC but you're speaking for them? (Though to be honest, I would've guessed that without you telling me.)

Quote:
I can only imagine the trauma that a black, indigenous, or person of color would feel

So you want to ban what I'd argue is a huge icon of BDSM because you IMAGINE that it offends people?

I'll continue being a ally to POC by listening to them, supporting them, treating them as equals, and not talking like I know what they want.

Edit: Adding to this, if POC started coming out and opened a dialogue about how certain whips were offensive in BDSM and why, then I'd be open to having the conversation.
Posted by: AspX

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/22/20 07:27 PM

This has to be a troll post b/c someone actually thinking this is beyond comprehension.

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/22/20 09:25 PM

Originally Posted By AspX
This has to be a troll post b/c someone actually thinking this is beyond comprehension.

That seems racist for you to assume that. Look at all the statues that are coming down across America. Aunt Jemima is no longer going to be sold. Neither is Uncle Ben's. Whips were used on slaves. I'm trying to help the BDSM community save face at a time when no institution is safe from admitting systemic and inherent racism in their symbols.

We should probably add collars to the list of things that should be banned.
Posted by: Violetwand

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/22/20 10:37 PM

Looks like DJT is back. Admin?
Posted by: jacky b

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/23/20 12:26 AM

I'm guessing it's Turdburgler!
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/23/20 01:43 AM

What a horrible idea! Or what a great sense of humor!
Posted by: MsRoseWoods

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/23/20 07:14 AM

Perhaps you have a personal aversion to whips? Stay out of the butcher shop if you don't like knives!
Posted by: gimp

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/23/20 07:23 AM

If a POC comes in for a session they don’t need to be whipped or bull whipped. There’s plenty of other things they can do. Like Domme Lynx said if it does bother them then just put it away. No need to ban whips cause what you might think offend someone.

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/23/20 07:35 AM

yeah, but should white clients even be referred to as "slave" going forward? White clients have zero idea the pain and suffering that black persons of color endured over 160 years ago and should not have the term used so casually. It's one thing to be in an air conditioned dungeon for an hour and be able to pay several hundred for a session and an entirely different thing to be on a plantation without pay and working daily in a field and coming home to constant whippings.

We must end all things that may be offensive to black people.
Posted by: AspX

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/23/20 06:05 PM

Hey... Lets not forget chains, shackles or other metal cuffs that they were bound with (and many died in) on their trip from Africa.

Let's not forget that ropes have been used to lynch "uppity negroes" in the US for the laat 400 years, so they definitely need to go.

In fact, all forms of bondage should probably be banned since slavery is itself called human bondage.

Then there are the "milking machines” that Dommes may use on a client... Er, wait... Those can stay but should be made mandatory for use on every client in every session for.. uh... Reparations
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/24/20 07:35 PM

Hahaha. Good try.

However, your post reminded me of a situation from a few years back. A friend of mine (A ProDomme) was asked by a local TV show to appear for an interview. It was light hearted and fun and as some point one of the female hosts "volunteered" one of her male colleagues for a whipping exhibition. All on air talent were people of color. The Domme was white. They all had a laugh when the guy tapped out after one or two strikes. Later the show took some flack that they would show the image of a white woman whipping a black man. They told the few naysayers to get over themselves, saying that particular episode of the show was about kink and they had every right to explore and experience kink however they want. The majority of their audience agreed. POC don't really need white people to tell them what they should be offended by. I think they can figure it out.
Posted by: Mistress Ayn

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/24/20 07:47 PM

Lol. If it's him he has switched to parody, which is far more amusing.

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/26/20 09:24 PM

I would not take things for granted. Simpsons characters will no longer have their voices done by white people if they are color characters in the show.

Statues are coming down.

Bands are changing their names.

I'm honestly surprised that a community that uses the term slave and devices like collars, cuffs, whips, and chains has not been touched yet.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

You're not welcome here - 06/27/20 12:12 AM

Originally Posted By John_Bolton
I'm honestly surprised that a community that uses the term slave and devices like collars, cuffs, whips, and chains has not been touched yet.

It's because the basis of BDSM is the exploration of fantasy.

Now, can you go find some other people to troll? You clearly have no sincere interest in BDSM.

We've asked you to leave multiple times. You've been banned multiple times because you are too childish to respect other people. And now you're back to troll us with feigned concern for people of color as a safe way to act out your racism.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: You're not welcome here - 06/27/20 09:19 AM

+1

Re: You're not welcome here - 06/27/20 09:41 AM

Obviously, I am not the racist one here. It was a sincere discussion and me trying to be a better ally to my BLM comrades who have endured 400 years of systemic racism in the United States, but I don't want a topic focused on BDSM to bring out the fringes of society who may start criticizing Bill Gates, discussing 5G, or saying that masks don't work... let's stay on topic here.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: You're not welcome here - 06/27/20 10:05 AM

Posted by: BiSlaveBoy

Re: Should whips be banned? - 06/29/20 03:15 PM

Let us not forget the Spanish Inquisition! It dates back to the 15th Century and has many delightful methods of torture!
Posted by: Kevin_Hayes

Re: Should whips be banned? - 11/11/20 12:35 AM

Dude, you're out of your fucking mind. Cut the virtue signaling B.S. You're making yourself look like a tool. THE END.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: You're not welcome here - 11/20/20 05:22 AM

This was a creative introduction of negative numbers. Should we introduce 0 and complex numbers too?