Why is is so hard for consenting adults to send money?

Posted by: Spark

Why is is so hard for consenting adults to send money? - 06/18/20 03:57 PM

So all my play has switched to online. I cant believe how hard it is to get my money to the dommes i am playing with. Im doing a little of everything buying clips, doing sessions, just sending gifts and some findom. But figuring out how to pay easily has been an adventure. Anyone else running into this?

I started with cash app. Then cash app started to decline to complete my transfer. Then we went to venmo and paypal, IWC and onlyfans. Then i had 3 different banks call me to make sure everything was okay. “Yes the charge for chastity keyholding services is legit”. I got so tired of talking to the bank. I thought the solution was prepaid gift cards. Nope, most of these payment processors wont take gift cards. Maybe i just miss the days of pulling up to the ATM and pulling out a fat stack of $20s for a 3 hr session.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Why is is so hard for consenting adults to send money? - 06/19/20 01:25 AM

This is what happens when sex workers ask for support in defeating things like FOSTA/SESTA and no one helps us. That gets passed and they look at how else they can hurt us. It doesn't matter if we're going legal work.

So, they worked to silence us online -- and now they're working on trying to make it so we can't get paid.

Virtually all payment processors are explicitly anti-sexwork. Again, it doesn't matter if it's legal work.

If someone like IndieBill or CCBill allows us to open an account, you can't in any way use them to process for in person sessions.

Doing this kind of work isn't for wimps. Everyone, except the (mostly) men who do often are doing this secretly (read: offering no tangible support), is against you. Imaging having that kind of job.
Posted by: Soapy

Re: Why is is so hard for consenting adults to send money? - 06/19/20 11:19 AM

All true.

In addition, I think part of it is also to combat organized crime by making it harder to launder money.

A few months ago I was interested in getting a DNA analysis for health reasons. For the obvious reasons I did not want my identity associated with the results. The test site did not have a means of accepting cash payments. I could NOT find a means to buy something completely anonymously online.
Posted by: Komodo

Re: Why is is so hard for consenting adults to send money? - 06/19/20 01:41 PM

Yes Soapy, you are right. Have you heard of the war on cash? It is going on, and the larger picture is the war on privacy. Ever since 9/11 the government increasingly wants to know everything you are doing. When you hear a noble name like the Patriot act or the Hero act you know you are going to get screwed.
Posted by: MayaMidnight

Re: Why is is so hard for consenting adults to send money? - 06/20/20 01:50 PM

Google "Operation Choke Point."

It sucks, we all hate it, I can't wait to get back to in-person sessions and cash payments.
Posted by: John_Bolton

Re: Why is is so hard for consenting adults to send money? - 06/22/20 12:08 AM

Just saw that cityxguide went down. Not that anyone used that site, but still.
Posted by: Chuck123

Re: Why is is so hard for consenting adults to send money? - 06/22/20 08:57 AM

Banks

Bank is a four letter word!!!

C123