Songs that always get you in the mood?

Posted by: DommeLynx

Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/06/20 04:20 PM

What are some songs that you like to play during kinky times, or songs that just generally get you in the mood?

Personal Jesus by Depeche Mode always did it for me: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI&list=PLqRG33kmyQ-bQh1h_xu2A3iGlAIXtLBIC&index=4

Honestly anything Depeche Mode, Muse, and NIN.

How about you?

p.s. this post was inspired by BiSlaveBoy's post hahaha
Posted by: Lady Bellatrix

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/06/20 05:56 PM

Rammstein always gets me in the mood grin
Posted by: buffalo

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/06/20 08:00 PM

When I hear Moby I think of sessions. I think it’s because I travelled to NYC for a couple crazy sessions back in the 90s when he became popular.
Posted by: junglebeast

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/07/20 10:09 PM

Showing my age, but pretty graphic for Frank.

Sung by Sinatra in the 70s by a guy named Floyd Huddleson
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8cc-4UtaLQ
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/08/20 06:47 AM

Anything by Enigma and "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails.
Posted by: Cheyenne

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/08/20 06:56 AM

Depeche Mode is great session music. You have good taste. Peter Gabriel's release, "So" is my all time favorite for relaxed methodical bondage play. "Closer" by Nine Inch Nails is awesome for strap on play.

Posted by: Kneel4Her

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/08/20 10:38 AM

I agree, I love Enigma.

Also...

Gods and Monsters - Lana Del Rey
Erotica - Madonna
Justify My Love - Madonna
Personal Jesus - Marilyn Manson
Tainted Love - Marilyn Manson
Control- Puddle of Mud
Howl - Florence and the Machine
Neverland - Sister's of Mercy ( from American Horror Story)

There are others, but that's what I can think of right now.
Posted by: ScreamsAlot

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/09/20 07:32 AM

Ok, here is an unusual suggestion: Ravel s Bolero.

https://youtu.be/r30D3SW4OVw

Before you leave disgusted or mocking, hear me out:

15 mins of repeating the exact same series of notes. Only harder, louder, stronger, all the way to an unbearable crescendo.

She, standing behind you, hitting in the same sequence, at the same rhythm, totally synchronized with Ravel's motif. Music very loud, to cover your screams.

Starting mild, slowly increasing intensity, harder with every iteration of the musical phrase, exploding in a final crescendo of unbearable pain.

Every sequence of notes inexorably following the previous one.

Every sequence of Her strikes inexorably following the previous one, identical, unstoppable...only harder.

Hypnotic for both giver and receiver.

Someday perhaps...I can only dream...

My 2 cents.
Posted by: BiSlaveBoy

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/09/20 01:24 PM

Totally agree. I posted separately a link to Jadu who supported Lindemann earlier this year...side project of Rammstein's lead vocalist....similar BDSM aesthetic. For me there is something so powerful and controlling about the German language!
Posted by: Grune

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/09/20 03:13 PM

Thank you!!! Never heard that before.
Posted by: future pet

Yes! - 05/11/20 05:58 AM

I have been promoting Bolero for years as the perfect session music. I wrote an essay about it on fetlife some time back. For my money it's the sexiest piece of music every written. Beautifully suited to any extended scene, especially a flogging where you can sense exactly where the Mistress would move from one lighter implement to the next, more intense implement and the stresses where the blows land.

I'm particularly fond of the Gustavo Dudamel version. It's patient but inexorable like good sex. And there's a mischievousness to it. And that insistent drum tap as at moves along.... So seductive.

On the subject of French Impressionists, I also think Erik Satie is great. The Gnossiennes remind me of a cat at play. It's perfect for a period of abandonment. Just the right combination of playfulness and subtle menace. You lie there, stretched out on a table or sitting in a cage with this music streaming into headphones and can only wonder. "What is she going to do to me....?"
Posted by: DommeLynx

Re: Yes! - 05/11/20 05:29 PM

Wow... What a small world. One of the characters I play as (in a video game) uses Gnossienne No. 1 in their theme music... I always loved it but never knew it came from that. Who knew I'd find it in a kink forum hahaha
Posted by: future pet

Re: Yes! - 05/11/20 09:10 PM

It's a natural for a cat lover. I always felt Satie must've written it while watching his cat move around the room, climbing the book shelves, riding down the drapes.
Posted by: Zingish

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/12/20 10:04 PM

It's funny that you should mention Moby. I once passed him on the street in NYC as I was en route to a session with my Mistress.
Posted by: Mistress Tissa

Re: Songs that always get you in the mood? - 05/13/20 12:40 AM

Originally Posted By DommeLynx
What are some songs that you like to play during kinky times, or songs that just generally get you in the mood?

Honestly anything Depeche Mode, Muse, and NIN.

How about you?

Oo, good choices, Domme Lynx. Both Martin Gore and Trent Reznor have sexy, kinky themes in some of their songs.

You mentioned Personal Jesus. I think Songs of Faith and Devotion is very good for play. But, really, it depends on the mood and type of scene I'm doing.

I have played everything from Ministry to Enigma to Beethoven to Marilyn Manson to Orb to Pink Floyd.